Windows 10: Password settings

Discus and support Password settings in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; In the past you could set your windows password to never expire. I have not found how to do that in Windows 10, can anyone help me with how this is... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by AFBrooks, Nov 22, 2015.

1. AFBrooks Win User

Password settings

In the past you could set your windows password to never expire. I have not found how to do that in Windows 10, can anyone help me with how this is done in Win 10?

:)

AFBrooks, Nov 22, 2015
  2. Rose Ter Win User

setting a password

Hi Jenburd,

There might be some settings that you need to configure that causes the issue. We would recommend that you check out the response of
    Angela Pun on this
    thread
    . This will provide you steps on how to change your Windows user password.

Feel free to contact us if you have further inquiries.

If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to “mark it as an answer” to help those who are facing the same problem.

Rose Ter, Nov 22, 2015
  3. jenburd Win User
    setting a password

my windows 10 computer willnot let me set a password because my power settings are wrong but any combination of power settings js still wrong... what do my settigs need to be to allow a password?

jenburd, Nov 22, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Password settings

Brink, Nov 22, 2015
  5. AFBrooks Win User
    This info is Windows 7 or 8 I have Windows 10 and cannot find the function mentioned at this Forum in windows 10. Can this be done in Win 10?

AFBrooks, Nov 22, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    The options in the tutorial I posted above are the same in Windows 10.

Brink, Nov 22, 2015
  7. AFBrooks Win User
    Two things - One for some reason my Windows 10 required me to change my password after 40+ days. Two I cannot find Local Users and Group Manager in Win 10. Sorry three what is an Elevated command prompt? I did Windows button + R and typed cmd is that correct?

AFBrooks, Nov 22, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Password settings

You must have Windows 10 Home edition installed then. Local Security Policy is not included in that edition.

Are you joined to a domain?

The tutorial below can help show you how to open an elevated command prompt in Windows 10.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

I would recommend to use the command below from step 4 in OPTION TWO of the tutorial I posted earlier. *Smile

wmic path Win32_UserAccount set PasswordExpires=False

Brink, Nov 22, 2015
  9. AFBrooks Win User
    I do have Windows home edition. While logged in as an administrator I opened the elevated command prompt and entered the command above receiving a response that all user passwords will not expire.

What is the next level of Win 10 and is there a cost?

Thanks

AFBrooks, Nov 22, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

The next edition level would be Windows 10 Pro. You could directly upgrade to Pro using the method in the tutorial below without losing anything, but it does cost about $100 to purchase Pro from Microsoft during the process.

Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

Here's a feature comparison between Windows 10 editions to help.

Compare Windows 10 Editions

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Password settings

1. Password settings - Similar Threads - Password settings

2. Why do I have to set a password for my PC for allowing Remote Desktop Connection??? Why...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I have to set a password for my PC for allowing Remote Desktop Connection??? Why...: Why do I have to set a password for my PC for allowing Remote Desktop Connection??? Why can't I just do it without setting up any password of my PC? Remove this **** ****....
  3. Why do I have to set a password for my PC for allowing Remote Desktop Connection??? Why...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do I have to set a password for my PC for allowing Remote Desktop Connection??? Why...: Why do I have to set a password for my PC for allowing Remote Desktop Connection??? Why can't I just do it without setting up any password of my PC? Remove this **** ****....
  4. Why do I have to set a password for my PC for allowing Remote Desktop Connection??? Why...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. New computer is asking for a password to sign into windows when one was never set

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New computer is asking for a password to sign into windows when one was never set: I bought a computer with windows loaded into it already. The account was just labeled user and never asked for a password to be entered. But now it is...
  6. New computer is asking for a password to sign into windows when one was never set

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New computer is asking for a password to sign into windows when one was never set: I bought a computer with windows loaded into it already. The account was just labeled user and never asked for a password to be entered. But now it is...
  7. New computer is asking for a password to sign into windows when one was never set

8. trying to log in to Motive remote and says my password has expired. How to I re-set my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    trying to log in to Motive remote and says my password has expired. How to I re-set my...: How do I re-set my password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-log-in-to-motive-remote-and-says-my/df8f9743-3328-46e3-b907-c12a680c9388
  9. trying to log in to Motive remote and says my password has expired. How to I re-set my...

trying to log in to Motive remote and says my password has expired. How to I re-set my...: How do I re-set my password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-log-in-to-motive-remote-and-says-my/df8f9743-3328-46e3-b907-c12a680c9388
  10. Hi, if i reset my laptop to the factory setting will it remove the bios password as well

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, if i reset my laptop to the factory setting will it remove the bios password as well: Hi, if i reset my laptop to factory settings will it also remove the bios password because i can't remember it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-if-i-reset-my-laptop-to-the-factory-setting/87983774-d1b9-4978-8e32-fd0a121d7431