Windows 10: Passworded winrar file, recovery

Discus and support Passworded winrar file, recovery in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm not sure if this is the right section (or even the right forum), but I'm not on any other tech sites. The situation is this, I have a winrar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by abibee, Dec 5, 2017.

1. abibee Win User

Passworded winrar file, recovery

I'm not sure if this is the right section (or even the right forum), but I'm not on any other tech sites.

The situation is this, I have a winrar .rar password protected file I created a year or so ago, and I've only forgotten the password. It's an important file to me, so I'm really desperate to get advice on a program or technique for extracting this file. I've googled around and seen some dodgy/iffy looking stuff, so I was hoping someone here might advise a legit method. If it's a paid software solution, I don't mind paying, so long as it works.

:)

abibee, Dec 5, 2017

2. Access denied

I was encrypt my some files before the installation of windows 10 clean install. that files were already password protected by WinRAR and that drive is also locked by BITLOCKER. All WinRAR files are opening except that files which are encrypted. The error
    message is "You need to tak administrator permission to open it while i ma administrator. i am using same Microsoft which i was using in Windows 8.1 . Encryption certificate is imported by it still need permissions.

WaqasAzmat, Dec 5, 2017
  3. Mat1926 Win User
    Blue Screen - New System - Win 10 X64

It is 16299.19

Here is the dump file compressed with winrar

MEGA

Does it reveal any sensitive information? like passwords and other private info...

Mat1926, Dec 5, 2017
  4. Passworded winrar file, recovery

It's an encrypted ZIP file, you aren't getting back into it without the password.

Masterchiefxx17, Dec 5, 2017
Thema:

Passworded winrar file, recovery

1. Passworded winrar file, recovery - Similar Threads - Passworded winrar file

2. ZIP FILE / WINRAR

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    ZIP FILE / WINRAR: I have been trying for weeks now to "unpack" this file. I am successful in opening all except the .exe file. If anyone has any suggestions, or if someone can try to open it for me and see if it is a good file, it would be greatly appreciated.I am putting the link and...
  3. ZIP FILE / WINRAR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ZIP FILE / WINRAR: I have been trying for weeks now to "unpack" this file. I am successful in opening all except the .exe file. If anyone has any suggestions, or if someone can try to open it for me and see if it is a good file, it would be greatly appreciated.I am putting the link and...
  4. ZIP FILE / WINRAR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. WinRAR and java files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WinRAR and java files: I have WinRAR installed, but it automatically associates .jar files as WinRAR files. Everybody says check .JAR files in integrations, but that doesn't work for me. Anybody know how to fix? submitted by /u/Greenwing393 [link] [comments]...
  6. WinRAR moved or missing files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WinRAR moved or missing files: I'm not sure whether this is the right place to post this, but here goes nothing. I recently downloaded the zip file for the SCP Unity Remake. It took two hours to download, and I don't really want to sit through it again. I extracted the files with WinRAR and it worked...
  7. (Old) WinRAR 5.70 / WinZIP /Password Recovery Help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    (Old) WinRAR 5.70 / WinZIP /Password Recovery Help: Howdy Folks, I've found some 20-year-old password protected zip files likely made with WinRAR (5.70; perhaps 5.80); though I may have been on WinZip back then. I remember using them for moving files from home to office, but can't remember if they're important. I also...
  8. .rar file to winRAR

in Windows 10 Customization
    .rar file to winRAR: windows has .rar files to notepad and I cant switch it to be compatable with WinRAR. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rar-file-to-winrar/1dd48cf4-6a67-47ec-90dd-96bd112935bc
  9. WinRAR file but suppose to be JAR file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WinRAR file but suppose to be JAR file: Basically, me and my friend were trying to install a thing for a game called "Minecraft". The file is suppose to be JAR file but he forgot to install JAVA, but before he installed it... he kept opening the file with .WinRAR How do i make the .WinRAR file into a .JAR file?...
  10. winrar password

in Windows 10 Customization
    winrar password: what is the winrar password for fifa 2008 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/winrar-password/609ee9e4-7c87-4dd2-a811-712a7071505e