Windows 10: Passwords not recognised, reset required

Discus and support Passwords not recognised, reset required in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I need some help. I recently had a Windows update and on restart I was asked for the password. I tried my pin - but it was not accepted. I then... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by TNK, Sep 4, 2016.

1. TNK
    TNK Win User

Passwords not recognised, reset required

Hi,
    I need some help. I recently had a Windows update and on restart I was asked for the password. I tried my pin - but it was not accepted. I then used what I thought my password had been before I changed to using a pin but as it is a while ago I may have got it wrong because it was still not accepted. I then tried a few other possible passwords - no luck. I changed to chose to use my Mictrosoft Log-in details (which I never use) and again this was not accepted. After 20-30 attempts on various potential passwords I left the laptop for a few minutes and when I returned it had the 'PIN' screen up - and my pin mumber was accepted. I did a full shut down and when it restarted I had to go through the same sequence again.
    Clearly something is not working as it should - and all my passwords seem to be invalid. How can I start again with new login details for both the local log-in and for the Microsoft log-in?
    Help would be very much appreciated.
    Best wishes

:)

2. 1607 upgrade

After 1607 upgrade,comp no longer recognises password or PIN. Tried to reset comp from safe mode but that requires gmail verification and comp no longer recognises that password either.Reset gmail password and tried on another computer...no problem. Tried
    on affected comp again and doesn"t recognise password....so I can"t access comp,can"t reset and can"t restore. Anyone having same issue?

andrewspicerQT, Sep 4, 2016
  3. RobGaal Win User
    Upgrade to windows 10. Current password doesn t work

Current password doesn t work incorrect. Reset password requirs some usb stick which is not in my posession. Any ideas ? Try to access microsoft account but non of my email adress is recognised so cannot try this option.

RobGaal, Sep 4, 2016
  4. Passwords not recognised, reset required

Hi TNK,

Is there any way you can beef up the details of your system specs so we can get a better idea of what we are working with here? I'm mainly interested in your keyboard. I'm thinking that there might be something wrong with your keyboard hardware.

A quick fix might be to try plugging in a different keyboard and try logging in with that.

Snarks *Cool

SnarkyTwit, Sep 4, 2016
  5. TNK
    TNK Win User
    Hi Snarks,
    Thank you for taking the time to reply.
    I am sorry but I don't have an 'external' keyboard for my laptop. The Laptop is a Dell Inspiration Intel Core i3 400 5u CPU @ 170Ghz 4Gb of RAM. I use the laptop a lot and I have not noticed any issues concerning the keyboard - but then I am just a user. The OS is Windows 10 - Home.
    This is probably not very helpful....

*Confused

Thema:

Passwords not recognised, reset required

1. Passwords not recognised, reset required - Similar Threads - Passwords recognised reset

2. password not recognised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    password not recognised: I successfully logged in and pressed reset to reset my computer and delete all files, but after the reset I went to log in again and it kept leading me to a black screen and saying failed login it was the right password as I used it an hour before I reset- I have now changed...
  3. password not recognised

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    password not recognised: I successfully logged in and pressed reset to reset my computer and delete all files, but after the reset I went to log in again and it kept leading me to a black screen and saying failed login it was the right password as I used it an hour before I reset- I have now changed...
  4. Not Recognising password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not Recognising password: Hi my windows 10 keeps showing automatic Repair: Your PC did not start correctly When I try to access safe mode nothing happens and when I try to enter my Microsoft password it keeps telling me The password is incorrect Try again. I have tried the password on other devices...
  5. Not Recognising password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not Recognising password: Hi my windows 10 keeps showing automatic Repair: Your PC did not start correctly When I try to access safe mode nothing happens and when I try to enter my Microsoft password it keeps telling me The password is incorrect Try again. I have tried the password on other devices...
  6. Not Recognising password

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. No password required.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    No password required.: Hi, just got my new broadband and router up and running and I was prompted to enter the wireless key password I was given into all my devices, except my PC, which automatically connected to my new WIFI without any prompt for the password. The network on my PC says 'secured',...
  8. required password reset

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    required password reset: I restarted my laptop this morning and a screen came up that I have not seen before. It said a password reset was required and asked for the last four digits of my cell phone number. I then received a text and entered the code provided, which took me to a screen to enter my...
  9. Factory reset requires password but don't have it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory reset requires password but don't have it: Why did the instructions for resetting my computer not say, "You will need your password, not your PIN for this process."????? I haven't used my password for a year and a half, but I have my PIN. However, that won't work!!!!! What do I do?...
  10. Password required

in Windows 10 Customization
    Password required: I have followed all instructions so that a password isn't required on my laptop. However, ever since the latest Windows 10 update, I have to type my password to get into Windows. For a number of reasons, I don't want to have to do that. What do I have to do to fix this?...