Windows 10: Passwords

Discus and support Passwords in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have established an administrator account, and now I want to make sure the current user now standard user does not have access to stored passwords is... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Jay Sak, Feb 12, 2024.

1. Jay Sak Win User

Passwords

I have established an administrator account, and now I want to make sure the current user now standard user does not have access to stored passwords is there an easy way to change permissions?

:)

Jay Sak, Feb 12, 2024
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Feb 12, 2024
  3. Try3 Win User
    Lost My Administrator Password

To which "this" are you referring?
    - If you are following the tutorial Bree suggested in the very first reply to your question then what you need to do at each step is explained in detail. So which step are you at?
    - If you are following a different procedure then state what it is and which step you are at. If, for example, you are trying to manually enable the Built-In Admin as suggested in post #11 then that account has no password.

Denis

4. Passwords

Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Feb 12, 2024
Thema:

Passwords

1. Passwords - Similar Threads - Passwords

2. I forgot my password to log onto my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot my password to log onto my computer: I forgot my password to log onto my computer. Can anybody help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-my-password-to-log-onto-my-computer/0f9629af-c6ee-4651-8f1e-2d29dedee6b8
  3. I forgot my password to log onto my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I forgot my password to log onto my computer: I forgot my password to log onto my computer. Can anybody help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-forgot-my-password-to-log-onto-my-computer/0f9629af-c6ee-4651-8f1e-2d29dedee6b8
  4. Disable Screen timeout password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Screen timeout password: So i recently bought a samsung laptop and there is this weird setting that i am annoyed about.I have set my sleep to never both on battery and on power but still everytime my screen is turning out i need to enter a password.Now i may have found out the way to solve this,but...
  5. Disable Screen timeout password

Disable Screen timeout password: So i recently bought a samsung laptop and there is this weird setting that i am annoyed about.I have set my sleep to never both on battery and on power but still everytime my screen is turning out i need to enter a password.Now i may have found out the way to solve this,but...
  6. How can I find when my Windows 11 password was last changed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I find when my Windows 11 password was last changed?: I'm a computer nerd trying to find out when my Windows 11 password was last changed. Help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-find-when-my-windows-11-password-was/4836ac62-bf8b-432a-acba-b34ae8ab0227
  7. How can I find when my Windows 11 password was last changed?

How can I find when my Windows 11 password was last changed?: I'm a computer nerd trying to find out when my Windows 11 password was last changed. Help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-find-when-my-windows-11-password-was/4836ac62-bf8b-432a-acba-b34ae8ab0227
  8. getting "password is incorrect" trying to log into microsoft account instead of local account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    getting "password is incorrect" trying to log into microsoft account instead of local account.: It is a completely fresh install on a completely wiped drive. I have gone through all steps I could find regarding this. Last I tried was messing with netplwiz and that process before I gave in and just started from fresh. only to have the same problem. The big issue is, I...
  9. getting "password is incorrect" trying to log into microsoft account instead of local account.

getting "password is incorrect" trying to log into microsoft account instead of local account.: It is a completely fresh install on a completely wiped drive. I have gone through all steps I could find regarding this. Last I tried was messing with netplwiz and that process before I gave in and just started from fresh. only to have the same problem. The big issue is, I...
  10. getting "password is incorrect" trying to log into microsoft account instead of local account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security