Windows 10: Paste in folders

Discus and support Paste in folders in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After the recent windows 10 update the paste function in folders is grayed out , I cannot save as or paste in any folder.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AshHamdy, Aug 21, 2018.

1. AshHamdy Win User

Paste in folders

After the recent windows 10 update the paste function in folders is grayed out , I cannot save as or paste in any folder.

:)

AshHamdy, Aug 21, 2018

2. Moved a folder from another drive and rename and it still shows as the old folder name in certain places

Hi Nick,

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior.

• Create a new folder name it as 'My Videos'.
    • Now copy/cut and paste the contents which are in the folder "Videos", and delete the folder "Videos".
    • Now check the behavior.
    Please keep us updated with the status of the folder, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Aug 21, 2018
  3. How to copy and paste photos from one folder to another.

Hi Randy,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. I will do my best to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps. Follow the below steps:

• Open the photo folder location, right click on the photo and select Copy from the drop down.
    • Now go to the folder location where you wanted to paste the photo, right click on the on the blank space and Select paste from the drop down.
    Hop this helps let us know the result.

Billion Debbarma, Aug 21, 2018
  4. JATownes Win User

Paste in folders

Best thermal paste

Most decent thermal paste is about all the same (1-2 degree difference). Without knowing the two listed, (I use MX-2), I would suggest going with the one that is non-conductive.

JATownes, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

Paste in folders

1. Paste in folders - Similar Threads - Paste folders

2. Right Click has lost copy/paste/cut/new folder/rename. I need the original menu back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right Click has lost copy/paste/cut/new folder/rename. I need the original menu back: When I right click on an icon it used to have copy/paste/cut/new folder/rename etc. now i need to click show more options and it is the most annoying thing in the entire world. I need to know how to fix it easily. its on my work computer so i cannot go into administrator...
  3. Right Click has lost copy/paste/cut/new folder/rename. I need the original menu back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right Click has lost copy/paste/cut/new folder/rename. I need the original menu back: When I right click on an icon it used to have copy/paste/cut/new folder/rename etc. now i need to click show more options and it is the most annoying thing in the entire world. I need to know how to fix it easily. its on my work computer so i cannot go into administrator...
  4. Hello, when I try to create a new folder in my D drive or try to paste any item into D...

Hello, when I try to create a new folder in my D drive or try to paste any item into D...: Hello, when I try to create a new folder in my D drive or try to paste any item into D drive it shows " Item not found". I can delete items from D drive but not paste or create a new folder. My C drive is working fine. I can copy and paste into any external device. please...
  5. Hello, when I try to create a new folder in my D drive or try to paste any item into D...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello, when I try to create a new folder in my D drive or try to paste any item into D...: Hello, when I try to create a new folder in my D drive or try to paste any item into D drive it shows " Item not found". I can delete items from D drive but not paste or create a new folder. My C drive is working fine. I can copy and paste into any external device. please...
  6. Does windows miscount files when I copy and paste a folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does windows miscount files when I copy and paste a folder?: I make backups of a folder with multiple files and subfolders into a destination folder on OneDrive. If I start with an empty folder as the destination, I get no warning about files with the same name as one would expect. But if I do it again I get a warning about files with...
  7. Does windows miscount files when I copy and paste a folder?

Does windows miscount files when I copy and paste a folder?: I make backups of a folder with multiple files and subfolders into a destination folder on OneDrive. If I start with an empty folder as the destination, I get no warning about files with the same name as one would expect. But if I do it again I get a warning about files with...
  8. cut copy paste rename delete and properties not working on files / folders in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cut copy paste rename delete and properties not working on files / folders in windows 11: I recently fix a issue with my windows 11 in this forum threadhttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_11-windows_install/windows-11-thinks-its-in-preinstallation-after/20cc48b1-6493-490c-a2d3-e84e66e2ff4eMy sincere thank you to the technician that help me...
  9. cut copy paste rename delete and properties not working on files / folders in windows 11

cut copy paste rename delete and properties not working on files / folders in windows 11: I recently fix a issue with my windows 11 in this forum threadhttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_11-windows_install/windows-11-thinks-its-in-preinstallation-after/20cc48b1-6493-490c-a2d3-e84e66e2ff4eMy sincere thank you to the technician that help me...
  10. Can I enter a folder in file explorer and files to it?other than copy and paste from the...

Can I enter a folder in file explorer and files to it?other than copy and paste from the...: Is there a way to stand in the destination folder and add files without opening the source folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-enter-a-folder-in-file-explorer-and-files-to/23b3786d-78eb-4903-aee7-c5709bcf4cf9