Windows 10: Paste Special in OneNote for Windows 10 (not OneNote in Office)

Discus and support Paste Special in OneNote for Windows 10 (not OneNote in Office) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm used to using OneNote 2016 in Office 365 ProPlus, and I often use Paste Special and Paste as Text Only. I can't seem to find this functionality in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by D.Somebody, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Paste Special in OneNote for Windows 10 (not OneNote in Office)

I'm used to using OneNote 2016 in Office 365 ProPlus, and I often use Paste Special and Paste as Text Only. I can't seem to find this functionality in OneNote on Windows 10. Any suggestions on what to click or any keyboard shortcuts? Thanks.

:)

D.Somebody, Aug 11, 2018
  2. Kari Win User

Import OneNote 2010 into Windows 10 OneNote

Having moved to Office 2016, I had to first install Office 2010 to a virtual test machine to get screenshots. Here we go, this is the the process which you have to repeat for each notebook you want to open in Windows 10 built-in OneNote app.

1.) If your notebooks are already stored in OneDrive, jump to step 7. If they are stored locally, open OneNote 2010.

I created a simple Sample Notebook to show this process:

Paste Special in OneNote for Windows 10 (not OneNote in Office) [​IMG]
    (Click screenshots to enlarge)
    2.) Open the File menu, select Info > Share on Web or Network:

3.) Select Web, click Sign In:

4.) Enter your MS account credentials:

Note If you have enabled two-step authentication on your MS account, you need first create an app password and use it here instead of the MS account password.

5.) Select in which OneDrive folder you want to save the notebook, click Share Notebook:

6.) Close OneNote 2010

7.) Open Windows 10 OneNote app. If you sign in to Windows with a Microsoft (MS) account, jump to step 11. If you sign in with a local account click Personal Microsoft Account:

8.) Sign in to your MS account:
    '

9.) Enter your Windows password, click Sign in to just this app instead:

Note This is important! Do not click Next here, it will convert your local Windows user account to an MS account!

10.) Click Start using OneNote:

11.) You can now start using Windows 10 OneNote app, having access to your notebooks:

Remember that you can also use, access and edit your notebooks stored in OneDrive online at outlook.com:

3. Kari Win User
    Import OneNote 2010 into Windows 10 OneNote

Something I thought is worth to test:

Go to OneNote Online (Microsoft OneNote | The digital note-taking app for your devices), sign in if you are not automatically signed in:

Select Sign in with a Microsoft account, in the next dialog enter your MS account credentials:

You should now see a list of your notebooks:

If no notebooks are found you will see this:

Please tell us when testing this did you see your notebooks in OneNote Online?

4. Argel Obm Win User

Paste Special in OneNote for Windows 10 (not OneNote in Office)

OneNote crashes and other issues

Hi Emre,

We need to clarify some information first for us to better assist you on your OneNote concern. Kindly answer these questions:

• Are you using OneNote 2016 or the built-in OneNote app of Windows 10?
    • If you're using OneNote 2016, what is the full version number of your Office. To determine the version of your Office, follow the steps
      here.
    • Can you please provide us the step-by-step process on how you're attempting to draw in OneNote using the touchscreen?

Argel Obm, Aug 11, 2018
Thema:

Paste Special in OneNote for Windows 10 (not OneNote in Office)

1. Paste Special in OneNote for Windows 10 (not OneNote in Office) - Similar Threads - Paste Special OneNote

2. I'm confused by the Windows 10 Office Suite. SharePoint, Office 365, "OneNote" vs. "OneNote...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm confused by the Windows 10 Office Suite. SharePoint, Office 365, "OneNote" vs. "OneNote...: I've been trying to get familiar with Windows 10 and its features. There's lots about it that confuses me: - What's the difference between "OneNote" and "OneNote for Windows 10"? Why does Windows 10 have both? It feels like bloatware. - What is SharePoint? - What is Office...
  3. Is OneNote 2016 similar to the OneNote that was part of Office 2010?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Is OneNote 2016 similar to the OneNote that was part of Office 2010?: I just upgraded from Windows 7 / Office 2010 to Windows 10 and the version of OneNote I used previously was faster, had many more features, and felt like a desktop app. This new version feels slow and looks like it was a horrible port from a mobile phone or something. Does...
  4. Office 2019 - OneNote

Office 2019 - OneNote: If you recently installed Office 2019 you will discover that OneNote is no longer included in the package. Even with Pro Plus, when you open one of the apps (Excel, Word, etc.), and check "Office Account", you'll still see the OneNote icon. But it's no longer installed. The...
  5. OneNote For Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneNote For Windows 10: In OneNote 2016 I can Print from PowerPoint and send to OneNote 2016 and create multiple pages in Onenote 2016. This is essential for me because I read through many presentations, of over 50 pages, and I need the ability to create links in OneNote to the individual pages....
  6. Import OneNote 2010 into Windows 10 OneNote

Import OneNote 2010 into Windows 10 OneNote: I see the new Windows 10 OneNote, and it looks pretty different to me from OneNote 2010, but I wanted to at least try it. But I can't find anyway to import my notebooks from 2010. Is there anyway to do this? I keep getting messages about "updating", but I don't know if that's...
  7. OneNote for Windows 10

OneNote for Windows 10: Greetings! Just wondering if someone knows if the clipping tool is also in the One Note edition that comes with Windows 10? Tried the regular Windows key + S, but no joy. Thanks! 29597
  8. OneNote 2013 vs the Windows 10 OneNote App

OneNote 2013 vs the Windows 10 OneNote App: Which one should I keep and use? 12002
  9. Access OneNote for Windows 10 notebooks in OneNote 2010

Access OneNote for Windows 10 notebooks in OneNote 2010: I have spent hours trying to do something that should be simple, and have given up in frustration. I imported my Evernote notebooks into OneNote for Windows 10 successfully. According to Microsoft, I should be also able to view these notebooks in OneNote 2010. This has...
  10. OneNote for Windows 10 will replace OneNote 2016

in Windows 10 News
    OneNote for Windows 10 will replace OneNote 2016: Still OneNote desktop for me. I'd miss things like the ability to Paste with or without formatting (and this is controllable by keyboard shortcuts - Alt-H-V-T anyone?) and I like the integration with the rest of Office (eg. the ability to mark some OneNote text as an...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot paste into onenote windows 10

2. one note special paste

3. Unable to copy/paste in OneNote 2016 but not in OneNote

4. Microsoft Account Management,
  5. onenote 2016 paste options dont show after pasting ,
  6. how to paste text without formatting in onenote,
  7. windows 10 one note pasting,
  8. onenote windows 10 paste without formatting,
  9. paste into windows 10 onenote app,
  10. one note notebook window 10 paste information,
  11. one note paste special,