Windows 10: Pasting a URL into Mail

Discus and support Pasting a URL into Mail in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The default mail application in Windows does not let you paste a into the body of the message. This is absolutely abysmal usability. Looking at the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AskMP, Aug 12, 2018.

1. AskMP Win User

Pasting a URL into Mail

The default mail application in Windows does not let you paste a into the body of the message. This is absolutely abysmal usability. Looking at the help and community areas, there is a plethora of people with similar issues. While yes, for URLs you can go into the "Insert" -> "URL" then paste the url into a popup box, the fact that you are unable to paste directly into the body unless it was copied from another email body is a joke.

How can I remove this "Feature" that doesn't allow this?

How to repeat:

- Open an email from within the mail client

- Copy any portion of the message using the "copy" command (ctrl-c or right click)

- Create a new message

- Paste the content into the body of the message

- Navigate to any other application on the system, such as Chrome and copy some text or a URL

- Navigate back to the new mail message

- Attempt to paste the new data into the message

If you'd like to have a video example of this issue, please message me so I can DM you a link (I'd rather not have my contact info and those listed in my inbox listed in a public forum)

:)

AskMP, Aug 12, 2018
  2. Julie Ram Win User

Cannot paste into Windows Mail

Hi,

To help you with your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to clear the clipboard in Windows 10:

• On the search box, kindly type or copy and paste, cmd.exe /c cd 2>"%UserProfile%\empty.txt" & clip < "%UserProfile%\empty.txt".
    • Click on cmd.exe /c cd 2>"%UserProfile%\empty.txt" & clip < "%UserProfile%\empty.txt"
      (Run command).
    • Try to use the copy and paste function again.

If the issue still persists, we suggest that you repair or reset the Mail app. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Open Settings, and select Apps.
    • On the Apps & features tab, find the name of the missing app. Click the app and select
      Advanced options (if available).
    • If a Repair option is available, click Repair. If this option is not available, or if Repair does not resolve the issue, you may also try the
      Reset option, though you might lose any app data that was saved.

Let us know how it goes.

Julie Ram, Aug 12, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Aug 12, 2018
  4. JATownes Win User

Pasting a URL into Mail

Best thermal paste

Most decent thermal paste is about all the same (1-2 degree difference). Without knowing the two listed, (I use MX-2), I would suggest going with the one that is non-conductive.

JATownes, Aug 12, 2018
Thema:

Pasting a URL into Mail

1. Pasting a URL into Mail - Similar Threads - Pasting URL Mail

2. WordPad keeps pasting duplicate URL in a document

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WordPad keeps pasting duplicate URL in a document: While playing around with WordPad, just about every time I saved the file it automatically pasted a duplicate copy of a URL into the document. At one time There were 6 copies of the URL one right after the other. I even copied a blank line in order to clear out the clipboard...
  3. WordPad keeps pasting duplicate URL in a document

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WordPad keeps pasting duplicate URL in a document: While playing around with WordPad, just about every time I saved the file it automatically pasted a duplicate copy of a URL into the document. At one time There were 6 copies of the URL one right after the other. I even copied a blank line in order to clear out the clipboard...
  4. Paste to Microsoft Mail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Paste to Microsoft Mail: When I copy a portion of a document and try to paste it into Microsoft email, the only option that comes up is 'Drawing Canvas' - no other options - no paste option. Sometimes this finally goes away but the next day it is right back again. HELP....
  5. Pasting URLs into Mail App for Windows 10 but show full URL hyperlinked

Pasting URLs into Mail App for Windows 10 but show full URL hyperlinked: By default, when I paste a website's URL copied from the browser address bar to a Mail app message, it will hyperlink the URL make it clickable but change its text to the title of the webpage... this can be a problem for someone not sure of what the link is actually for if...
  6. Copy/paste URL

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Copy/paste URL: Hello. On a Mac when you right click a domain URL someone has sent you, you have the option to copy the URL (https://) or just the domain name itself. Does anyone know if a tool/tweak for something like this exists on windows 10. My job has me copy/pasting a lot of domain...
  7. Microsoft Edge: Paste URL into address bar

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge: Paste URL into address bar: Been using browsers since 1994's Netscape and never thought I would be asking such a question *Biggrin But... I am unable to paste a URL into the Microsoft Edge address bar. It appears the issue goes back > 4 years; and although I have searched extensively for a solution,...
  8. Live Mail Attachments Saved as URLs

Live Mail Attachments Saved as URLs: I very recently upgraded from W7 to W10. I still have Windows Live Mail as my mail application. I also recently tried to save several PDF attachments from an email to a folder on an internal RAID 1 array. For some reason when I attempt to open those files whose icons show...
  9. Windows 10 Mail App won't let me paste URL's

Windows 10 Mail App won't let me paste URL's: The windows 10 mail app won't let me paste a url I copied from chrome. In fact, it won't let me paste ANY text at all. I have cleared all my browser cookies/cache and tried using the ctrl + c/v to copy/paste the text instead, but still nothing! And I'm NOT saying the link...
  10. URL popups in mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    URL popups in mail: How can I get rid of those very annoying URL popups in mail? They did not appear in earlier versions of Windows and I wish to hide them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/url-popups-in-mail/440454c6-6edf-4833-8760-8fefa867c6bb

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cutting and pasting address in windows live mail