Windows 10: Path Changing

Discus and support Path Changing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Somehow the path to MyPictures has gained an extra element. It has become, C:\Users\xxx\Pictures\Pictures\. How do I change it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chipwood, Sep 8, 2017.

1. chipwood Win User

Path Changing

Somehow the path to MyPictures has gained an extra element. It has become,
    C:\Users\xxx\Pictures\Pictures\. How do I change it to C:\Users\Gordon\Pictures\, as it should be, please?

:)

chipwood, Sep 8, 2017

2. Changing the Path to Evernote!

Hi Greg. I'm Greg, a volunteer and 8 year Windows MVP here to help you.

I would not use MacAfee which is the worst thing you can install to WIndows and often ruins it beyond repair.

Uninstall MacAfee and use the built-in Windows Defender made by Microsoft who know how to protect their operating system best.

This should free up the update to install. If not report back any continuiing error or failure behavior.

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and let us know how it goes. I will keep working with you until it's resolved.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Sep 8, 2017
  3. Changing the Path to Evernote!

I guess I must not be a frequent user, particularly since they only allow 2 computers to use it free. Anyway I got a note from Evernote saying my next update was ready. However , I couldn't get it to run through. It got stuck because McAfee wouldn't let
    me risk seeing that pages.
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Drive\googledrivesync.exe

https://phieffanpromotion.org/4881152960693/1498238780615604/zqkhz83gzlv2705114k42mm4we10rwb21.zip

I don' know how to change the path since I don't know where the installation pkg. is.

Please, please help me.. I am a 67 year old retiree.

Greg Dolecki, Sep 8, 2017
Thema:

Path Changing

1. Path Changing - Similar Threads - Path Changing

2. Change Format of Folder Column in Windows Explorer to just <path>?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Format of Folder Column in Windows Explorer to just <path>?: Is it possible to change the default format of the Folder column in Windows Explorer so that it displays "<path to file>" instead of "<directory of file> <path to directory>"?This was asked and "solved" here but the solution was never given:...
  3. Change Format of Folder Column in Windows Explorer to just <path>?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Format of Folder Column in Windows Explorer to just <path>?: Is it possible to change the default format of the Folder column in Windows Explorer so that it displays "<path to file>" instead of "<directory of file> <path to directory>"?This was asked and "solved" here but the solution was never given:...
  4. How to Change the default Profile Path to another drive in Windows 11?

How to Change the default Profile Path to another drive in Windows 11?: Hi, I'd like to know how to change the default folder location to a different drive including the app and one drive folder , so that, whenever I create a user his profile will be saved in that particular path. Other folders can be relocated from location option but it's not a...
  5. How to Change the default Profile Path to another drive in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Change the default Profile Path to another drive in Windows 11?: Hi, I'd like to know how to change the default folder location to a different drive including the app and one drive folder , so that, whenever I create a user his profile will be saved in that particular path. Other folders can be relocated from location option but it's not a...
  6. Automatically Change Parent Folder Name in Shortcut Path

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatically Change Parent Folder Name in Shortcut Path: Is there a way in the shortcut path to automatically default to the current or new parent folder? I didn't have much luck when googling a solution, unfortunately.For example, I have a folder with multiple subfolders that are needed for each new request, and I copy those to a...
  7. Automatically Change Parent Folder Name in Shortcut Path

Automatically Change Parent Folder Name in Shortcut Path: Is there a way in the shortcut path to automatically default to the current or new parent folder? I didn't have much luck when googling a solution, unfortunately.For example, I have a folder with multiple subfolders that are needed for each new request, and I copy those to a...
  8. OneDrive keeps changing my default documents path

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive keeps changing my default documents path: Dear Microsoft,I am deeply annoyed by the OneDrive functionality. I like the integrated cloud function and the way I can store files in the cloud. There just are private documents that I specifically do not want to share with Microsoft. That is why I specifically choose to...
  9. OneDrive keeps changing my default documents path

OneDrive keeps changing my default documents path: Dear Microsoft,I am deeply annoyed by the OneDrive functionality. I like the integrated cloud function and the way I can store files in the cloud. There just are private documents that I specifically do not want to share with Microsoft. That is why I specifically choose to...
  10. how to access the logs for Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter path changed?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to access the logs for Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter path changed?: the solution from https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-is-how-to-access-the-logs-for-microsoft/89d5290a-d3d8-4155-8dbf-df5e76745951 doens't work. It seems the Folder doesn't exist anymore. Access to appdata\local\microsoft\windows\ works, but there are...