Windows 10: Path Changing

Discus and support Path Changing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Somehow the path to MyPictures has gained an extra element. It has become, C:\Users\xxx\Pictures\Pictures\. How do I change it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chipwood, Sep 8, 2017.

1. chipwood Win User

Path Changing

Somehow the path to MyPictures has gained an extra element. It has become,
    C:\Users\xxx\Pictures\Pictures\. How do I change it to C:\Users\Gordon\Pictures\, as it should be, please?

:)

chipwood, Sep 8, 2017

2. Changing the Path to Evernote!

Hi Greg. I'm Greg, a volunteer and 8 year Windows MVP here to help you.

I would not use MacAfee which is the worst thing you can install to WIndows and often ruins it beyond repair.

Uninstall MacAfee and use the built-in Windows Defender made by Microsoft who know how to protect their operating system best.

This should free up the update to install. If not report back any continuiing error or failure behavior.

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and let us know how it goes. I will keep working with you until it's resolved.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Sep 8, 2017
  3. Changing the Path to Evernote!

I guess I must not be a frequent user, particularly since they only allow 2 computers to use it free. Anyway I got a note from Evernote saying my next update was ready. However , I couldn't get it to run through. It got stuck because McAfee wouldn't let
    me risk seeing that pages.
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Drive\googledrivesync.exe

https://phieffanpromotion.org/4881152960693/1498238780615604/zqkhz83gzlv2705114k42mm4we10rwb21.zip

I don' know how to change the path since I don't know where the installation pkg. is.

Please, please help me.. I am a 67 year old retiree.

Greg Dolecki, Sep 8, 2017
Thema:

Path Changing

1. Path Changing - Similar Threads - Path Changing

2. Changing PATH does not take effect

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing PATH does not take effect: I have extended the PATH as in the attached screenshot, but when I open a new CMD Prompt, the directory I have placed at the end of the PATH is missing.*Confused [img] 134488
  3. Change Format of Folder Column in Windows Explorer to just <path>?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change Format of Folder Column in Windows Explorer to just <path>?: Is it possible to change the default format of the Folder column in Windows Explorer? (so it's just <path to file> instead of <directory of file> in <path to directory>) Context: I'm searching a drive for all files of a given criteria (e.g. all xlsx) to verify files haven't...
  4. How do I change Chrome user data path?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I change Chrome user data path?: Is there a way I can change the below default Google Chrome User Data path to some selected folder of my choice say in D:\Chrome Data? C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data 126963
  5. How do I change Chrome user data path?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I change Chrome user data path?: Is there a way I can change the below default Google Chrome User Data path to some selected folder of my choice say in D:\Chrome Data? C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data 126963
  6. how to change the network path on workstations

how to change the network path on workstations: how to change the network path on workstations https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-network-path-on-workstations/f504a965-33a0-4cee-aa2f-976df40e6115
  7. Change Network Path for Network File and Folder Sharing

Change Network Path for Network File and Folder Sharing: I would like to change my Network Path name. If I right click on my C drive, click on Properties, click on the Sharing tab and in the Network File and Folder Sharing section my Network Path name is \\Desktop-uuor7m6\c How am I able to change the Network Path name? Thank...
  8. Stuck in Automatic Repair = inadvertently changed C: drive path?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in Automatic Repair = inadvertently changed C: drive path?: Not sure if I am posting to the right place, but here goes: I have gone and screwed up my son’s computer: An external drive on my own computer stopped being recognised = anyway I think it just packed up altogether, but because it had data on it I wanted to try and see if I...
  9. How to Change Windows10 Boot Path in new Dell Inspiron 7570?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Change Windows10 Boot Path in new Dell Inspiron 7570?: 7570 came with 1TB 5400 RPM HD with Windows 10 Home OS and an open M.2 Sata SSD slot. I cloned the HD to the SSD and installed it. I want to keep the OS on the HD and also want to store data files on it as well. I want to always store programs and boot the OS and run...
  10. Windows Defender - Unauthorized changes blocked - full path?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender - Unauthorized changes blocked - full path?: With Window Defender when I click on change protection it throws up a truncated path when it blocks the path of the file. I want these programs to update certain files and can't decrypt the full path in the short message to allow the change. Where do I get the path so I...