Windows 10: pc asking for pw b4 it will allow me to install network printer

Discus and support pc asking for pw b4 it will allow me to install network printer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; 2 pc's-- win 10 and win xp. i can share files from either pc but can't print from the xp to the win 10 (where the printer is installed) whenever i try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ert67, Oct 6, 2015.

1. ert67 Win User

pc asking for pw b4 it will allow me to install network printer

2 pc's-- win 10 and win xp. i can share files from either pc but can't print from the xp to the win 10 (where the printer is installed) whenever i try to install a network printer to the xp pc, it wants a un and pw. both pc's have the same login pw. whenever i try to install a network printer on the xp pc, the scenario goes like this: open the add printer wizard > select browse for a printer and click next > the wizard finds my printer and when i select it and click next a window opens up with the title "connect to optiplex . . . (the dell pc with win 10). this window is asking for UN and PW. i KNOW without a doubt, i have never implemented a PW on either of these pc's (other than the login PW- which is the same for each pc. could this be a driver issue ? i would think windows would have these drivers (installed from the disk whenever i originally installed the printer to this pc 4 yrs ago). both pc's in "WORKGROUP" workgroup. file and print sharing are both enabled in the win 10 pc
    unless i can get around this PW issue, it looks like i'm dead in the water. any help appreciated

the ert

:)

ert67, Oct 6, 2015

2. Windows 10 will not allow me to install printer or uninstall after restore

HI Yashwanth,

Thank you for your reply. After much trial and error, I found that I needed to download just the new driver from my printers' sites (samsung and star micronics) and then Windows 10 would allow me to to install. I mistakenly thought I should start with
    my original installation cds and then download the latest versions. That is when I got the error "an administrator would not allow this application to install."

Windows 10 had no problem starting with the most updated download drivers.

I kept looking into adjusting the users settings and getting so frustrated. I am glad it wouldn't let me change anything now.

Thanks again, Kerri

AdminForever Patchwork, Oct 6, 2015
  3. Windows 10 will not allow me to install printer or uninstall after restore

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience you have experienced.

Are you on Local account or Microsoft account?

Does that account have required administrator privileges?

What is the exact error message you're getting?

What is the make and model of the printer?

Give us above details to analyze the issue and guide you accordingly.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Oct 6, 2015
Thema:

pc asking for pw b4 it will allow me to install network printer

1. pc asking for pw b4 it will allow me to install network printer - Similar Threads - asking allow install

2. PC not allowing me to sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC not allowing me to sign in: Sign in page does not have the password box. I cant sign in trying to resolve by multiple restart and shutdown with nothing. I need the PC now I have a lots to do. No changes made aside the PC being update last week ago....
  3. PC not allowing me to sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC not allowing me to sign in: Sign in page does not have the password box. I cant sign in trying to resolve by multiple restart and shutdown with nothing. I need the PC now I have a lots to do. No changes made aside the PC being update last week ago....
  4. PC not allowing me to sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Not detecting network adapter or allowing me to install drivers after installing windows on...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not detecting network adapter or allowing me to install drivers after installing windows on...: Hi, so I built my PC a few years ago and installed windows from a USB on a hard-drive. Yesterday I decided to switch windows to my SSD using the same USB from years ago, and now after it has finished installing, I can't connect to the internet as it did not install the...
  6. Network Printer Installation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network Printer Installation: Error operation could not be completed 0x00000709 when installing a network printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-printer-installation/bba266ae-0c80-48a8-9ca7-91d6bd6f9172
  7. Network Printer Installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Printer Installation: Error operation could not be completed 0x00000709 when installing a network printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-printer-installation/bba266ae-0c80-48a8-9ca7-91d6bd6f9172
  8. Network Printer Installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Network printer installation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network printer installation: I have a strange problem with a couple of laptops in a network of some 30 machines. We have recently had a couple of Lexmark networked colour laser printers installed and all machines have successfully had the new printers installed - with the exception of two laptops....
  10. HELP ! My PC is not allowing me to install windows !

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HELP ! My PC is not allowing me to install windows !: I tried to reset my pc but the battery died during the windows installation part (after the "resetting this pc" part). After that the laptop would keep starting up and showing the error "install windows" telling me that "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an...