PC awakes with changed brightness level - I'm flummoxed

Discus and support PC awakes with changed brightness level - I'm flummoxed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Intermittently, but noticeably, my always mains connected laptop is coming out of sleep with the brightness adjusted to the level set by 'on battery'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Iangh, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Iangh Win User

Intermittently, but noticeably, my always mains connected laptop is coming out of sleep with the brightness adjusted to the level set by 'on battery' in power management. I have observed this happening with both of the power plan options of balanced and performance. During sleep there's been no interruption to the electricity supply. Any ideas?

:)

Iangh, Jun 5, 2018
  2. binodkarki Win User

Brightness level of my pc is too high.

Since i upgraded my windows 7 to windows 10,i have a problem. The brightness level of my pc is too high.Even when i changes the brightness level to low,there is no any effect. This problem makes has decreases my battery performance.

Can you provide any solution to this problem? PC awakes with changed brightness level - I'm flummoxed :(

binodkarki, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Kiran Kishore Win User
    No volume bar when changing volume level and changing brightness causing lag

Hi Trawel,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

The option for brightness and volume indicator will automatically show on the Windows graphical user interface.

If you face the issue with volume and brightness indicator settings, it may have caused because you are using the ASUS system utilities. I suggest you to open the ASUS system utilities and disable the volume and brightness
    indicator and any other Windows related functionality. It is better to disable the ASUS system utility temporarily and check if it is the cause to the issue.

Please be informed that Microsoft has changed level for volume to show as
    horizontal level bar not as vertical bar in Windows 10. Click "speaker icon" on taskbar and volume level will appear.
    I hope the above information helps.

Kindly try the below steps to repair any corrupted files of Windows components and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, select the
      command prompt (admin).

• Type the following commands one by one and hit Enter key.

Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Sfc /scannow

Note: If you are not able to repair some files after performing SFC scan, I suggest you to refer to the point 3 “Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details
    are included in the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log”. Under the section “Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)”
    to repair the corrupted files after performing SFC scan.

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

1. PC awakes with changed brightness level - I'm flummoxed - Similar Threads - awakes changed brightness

2. Getting “the remote computer requires network level authentication windows 10” even though...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Getting “the remote computer requires network level authentication windows 10” even though...: On 3 different Win10 local machines I am using the same RDP connection file (where I have added enablecredsspsupport:i:0 and authentication level:i:2 to disable sending credentials before the connection is initiated). 2 of the machines connect successfully (and allow me to...
  3. my file is not readable. how do I change it so I can read it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my file is not readable. how do I change it so I can read it?: my file is not readable. how do I change it so I can read it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_books/my-file-is-not-readable-how-do-i-change-it-so-i/da93c09e-466e-427a-bf5d-b811c82224bb
  4. Your PC/Device needs to be repaired - Error code: 0xc0000098

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Your PC/Device needs to be repaired - Error code: 0xc0000098: The laptop of my girlfriend froze when we tried to move a big chunk of pictures from a phone to the laptop. After a restart it didnt load up windows 10 anymore. The laptop only shows the "Boot Menu" and gives the option to pick between two PCI LANs. We tried repairing the...
  5. Attaching Printer to PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Attaching Printer to PC: I am unable to attach my printer to my PC. It was working perfectly fine last week, but its now coming up with the message "driver unavailable". The printer is a MB5000 series and my PC is an HP. Can anyone help please as I desperately need to print something....
  6. Brightness become weird!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brightness become weird!: I updated to Windows 10 version 1803 from version 1709. The first day, nothing went wrong. I can adjust brightness as usual. But today, when I increase the brightness, it becomes darker, when decrease it, it becomes brighter. When I did nothing, the screen brightness adjusts...
  7. Nickname on PC?

Nickname on PC?: Is it possible to have my nickname or middle name displayed when I use my Win10 PC? I would rather not have it show my legal name. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/nickname-on-pc/2463eca8-7b0f-433d-9dae-0df3fd495714
  8. PC won't boot to Windows 10 from SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC won't boot to Windows 10 from SSD: I bought my PC years ago with only a HDD. I added a SSD myself afterwards. When I booted my PC after a hard shutdown/electricity fallout I had only my HDD in BIOS. I then boot from HDD, get an error and let the PC reboot. After a few times the SSD would be recognized in BIOS...
  9. Can't open the battery icon on my taskbar and can't adjust the brightness of my pc

Can't open the battery icon on my taskbar and can't adjust the brightness of my pc: after the windows 10 updated, the battery icon didn't show on my taskbar and when I try to open it and it's lock and can't be open. The brightness of my computer cannot be adjusted too....
  10. External drive when connected to pc and I change the Letter "A part may not work prperly"...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External drive when connected to pc and I change the Letter "A part may not work prperly"...: Hi, In Windows 10 computer when I connect external drive via USB 2 it assign a letter "E". When I want to change "E" to "H" it says "A part may not work properly" I wonder why? As some important back up is in external drive I did not proceed and asking question with...