Windows 10: PC awakes with changed brightness level - I'm flummoxed

Discus and support PC awakes with changed brightness level - I'm flummoxed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Intermittently, but noticeably, my always mains connected laptop is coming out of sleep with the brightness adjusted to the level set by 'on battery'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Iangh, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Iangh Win User

PC awakes with changed brightness level - I'm flummoxed

Intermittently, but noticeably, my always mains connected laptop is coming out of sleep with the brightness adjusted to the level set by 'on battery' in power management. I have observed this happening with both of the power plan options of balanced and performance. During sleep there's been no interruption to the electricity supply. Any ideas?

:)

Iangh, Jun 5, 2018

2. Brightness level of my pc is too high.

Since i upgraded my windows 7 to windows 10,i have a problem. The brightness level of my pc is too high.Even when i changes the brightness level to low,there is no any effect. This problem makes has decreases my battery performance.

Can you provide any solution to this problem? PC awakes with changed brightness level - I'm flummoxed :(

binodkarki, Jun 8, 2018
  3. No volume bar when changing volume level and changing brightness causing lag

Hi Trawel,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

The option for brightness and volume indicator will automatically show on the Windows graphical user interface.

If you face the issue with volume and brightness indicator settings, it may have caused because you are using the ASUS system utilities. I suggest you to open the ASUS system utilities and disable the volume and brightness
    indicator and any other Windows related functionality. It is better to disable the ASUS system utility temporarily and check if it is the cause to the issue.

Please be informed that Microsoft has changed level for volume to show as
    horizontal level bar not as vertical bar in Windows 10. Click "speaker icon" on taskbar and volume level will appear.
    I hope the above information helps.

Kindly try the below steps to repair any corrupted files of Windows components and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, select the
      command prompt (admin).

• Type the following commands one by one and hit Enter key.

Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Sfc /scannow

Note: If you are not able to repair some files after performing SFC scan, I suggest you to refer to the point 3 “Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details
    are included in the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log”. Under the section “Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)”
    to repair the corrupted files after performing SFC scan.

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

PC awakes with changed brightness level - I'm flummoxed

1. PC awakes with changed brightness level - I'm flummoxed - Similar Threads - awakes changed brightness

2. Brightness level cannot be adjusted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brightness level cannot be adjusted: I have downgraded my OS to Windows 10. After the complete installation, the brightness of my screen cannot be adjusted even if the level is at the minimum. I tried troubleshooting and reinstalling Windows 10, but nothing worked. Can anybody help me, please? My eyes are...
  3. Brightness level cannot be adjusted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brightness level cannot be adjusted: I have downgraded my OS to Windows 10. After the complete installation, the brightness of my screen cannot be adjusted even if the level is at the minimum. I tried troubleshooting and reinstalling Windows 10, but nothing worked. Can anybody help me, please? My eyes are...
  4. I can't change my brightness level.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't change my brightness level.: My f4 & f5 buttons can't work and when I go to settings I can't change the brightness level too. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-change-my-brightness-level/89b84e0e-e5dd-4c93-ae1f-c152907f66a3
  5. I can't change my brightness level.

I can't change my brightness level.: My f4 & f5 buttons can't work and when I go to settings I can't change the brightness level too. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-change-my-brightness-level/89b84e0e-e5dd-4c93-ae1f-c152907f66a3
  6. Screen brightness level changes when full-screening applications

Screen brightness level changes when full-screening applications: For some reason whenever I full-screen an application such as rainbow 6 siege, the screen brightness changes to 0 despite the brightness bar showing it at 100%, though whenever I tab out of the application I can change the brightness back to 100%, but when I return to the app...
  7. Can't change my laptop brightness level

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change my laptop brightness level: My laptop brightness level is fixed to max and the brightness keys aren't working. what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-my-laptop-brightness-level/d74d04c5-45a8-4ac7-987e-e47177af1e31
  8. Brightness Level

Brightness Level: I have an issue where i try to change my brightness by sliding it to the number i want but it is not working, plz help me fix this issue, i even tried updating my graphics card its still not working...
  9. brightness level locked at lowest level

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    brightness level locked at lowest level: I am completely unable to change the brightness level. i have uninstalled/reinstalled drivers, rebooted in excess of 20 times, i still cant change it in safe mode. is there any way to fix this, or am I going to have to waste hours of time reinstalling the most buggy OS ever...
  10. Cannot set level of brightness

Cannot set level of brightness: I cannot find where to change brightness for my computer, so could you tell me why I cannot find brightnesss setting on my computer? Thank you....