PC awakes with changed brightness level - I'm flummoxed

Discus and support PC awakes with changed brightness level - I'm flummoxed in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Intermittently, but noticeably, my always mains connected laptop is coming out of sleep with the brightness adjusted to the level set by 'on battery'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Iangh, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Iangh Win User

Intermittently, but noticeably, my always mains connected laptop is coming out of sleep with the brightness adjusted to the level set by 'on battery' in power management. I have observed this happening with both of the power plan options of balanced and performance. During sleep there's been no interruption to the electricity supply. Any ideas?

:)

Iangh, Jun 6, 2018
  2. binodkarki Win User

Brightness level of my pc is too high.

Since i upgraded my windows 7 to windows 10,i have a problem. The brightness level of my pc is too high.Even when i changes the brightness level to low,there is no any effect. This problem makes has decreases my battery performance.

Can you provide any solution to this problem? :(

binodkarki, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Kiran Kishore Win User
    No volume bar when changing volume level and changing brightness causing lag

Hi Trawel,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

The option for brightness and volume indicator will automatically show on the Windows graphical user interface.

If you face the issue with volume and brightness indicator settings, it may have caused because you are using the ASUS system utilities. I suggest you to open the ASUS system utilities and disable the volume and brightness
    indicator and any other Windows related functionality. It is better to disable the ASUS system utility temporarily and check if it is the cause to the issue.

Please be informed that Microsoft has changed level for volume to show as
    horizontal level bar not as vertical bar in Windows 10. Click "speaker icon" on taskbar and volume level will appear.
    I hope the above information helps.

Kindly try the below steps to repair any corrupted files of Windows components and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, select the
      command prompt (admin).

• Type the following commands one by one and hit Enter key.

Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Sfc /scannow

Note: If you are not able to repair some files after performing SFC scan, I suggest you to refer to the point 3 “Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details
    are included in the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log”. Under the section “Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)”
    to repair the corrupted files after performing SFC scan.

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

PC awakes with changed brightness level - I'm flummoxed - Similar Threads - awakes changed brightness

1. BSOD occurring during use after awake from sleep - ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD occurring during use after awake from sleep - ntoskrnl.exe: Hello guys! I have searched all around trying to find a solution to this issue. Situation: After fresh boot, computer runs fine, no issues. After a few hours of use, I put the computer to sleep/standby. The problem occurs AFTER I wake the computer from sleep. I am able to...
  2. Window 10 Crash on Awake ntoskrnl

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Window 10 Crash on Awake ntoskrnl: On Fri 5/19/2017 7:08:23 PM your computer crashed crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\051917-12968-01.dmp This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x16C310) Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x8, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF800D8C2560E) Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL...
  3. How do I keep NAS drives awake? broken since last update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I keep NAS drives awake? broken since last update: When I open Windows Explorer my NAS drives have the red X over them like they are disconnected. I click on them and they connect right away. The problem I am having is when I try to stream a movie from my NAS via my app it says "path not found". I then have to open Windows...
  4. Is it "safe" to keep external hard drives awake 24/7 ?

Is it "safe" to keep external hard drives awake 24/7 ?: One small niggle I have is the 6 external HDDs I have, which are connected to docks, constantly take about 5 seconds to come to life when needed, I suddenly hear them whir up when I click on them or save to them. I have turned off "sleep" in Power settings, but this doesn't...
  5. After awake my PC from sleep... Both Monitors show No Signal, but PC L

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    After awake my PC from sleep... Both Monitors show No Signal, but PC L: After awake my PC from sleep... Both Monitors show No Signal, but PC LEDs are ON, and PC is working, and also CDROM drive can ejected... I use hard shutdown [5-sec press ON button] and restarted OK... what the reason of this? the graphics card? 107394
  6. Logitech mouse freezes up after computer is awake from sleep mode.

Logitech mouse freezes up after computer is awake from sleep mode.: I know this is a duplicate of another thread, but I couldn't get anyone to reply back to me in the other thread. But I have a Logitech mouse on my second computer which is an Acer Aspire XC-603G Desktop PC. When I wiggle the mouse to wake it up from sleep, sometimes the...
  7. Service to track of a computer is asleep/awake

in Windows 10 Support
    Service to track of a computer is asleep/awake: I've set up a desktop as a media server running Plex. When I access it using RDC, it pops up really fast and I'm not sold the thing is going to sleep properly even though I've checked to make certain powercfg -request is coming up clear. There are services to track when...