Windows 10: PC black/grey screens then restarts

Discus and support PC black/grey screens then restarts in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey all So the last 2 days on 3 separate occasions my computer has crashed and restarted, when it happens my screens (2) either turn black or a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jacobboyblue, Apr 25, 2016.

1. PC black/grey screens then restarts

Hey all

So the last 2 days on 3 separate occasions my computer has crashed and restarted, when it happens my screens (2) either turn black or a random colour (light greyish on 2 of 3 occasions). All 3 times have happened whilst I have been watching netflix, in-between these crashes I have been playing games like Fallout 4/World of Warcraft/League of Legends with no crashes.
    A friend told me about the microsoft event viewer and told me to look for things saying 'Critical', the ones I have found are all pretty much dead on the times the computer crashed, he told me to post here and post the events. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Log Name: System
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
    Date: 26/04/2016 11:07:07
    Event ID: 41
    Task Category: (63)
    Level: Critical
    Keywords: (70368744177664),(2)
    User: SYSTEM
    Computer: Senpai
    Description:
    The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />
    <EventID>41</EventID>
    <Version>3</Version>
    <Level>1</Level>
    <Task>63</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-04-26T10:07:07.230148900Z" />
    <EventRecordID>1839</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>Senpai</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="SleepInProgress">0</Data>
    <Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BootAppStatus">0</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

Date: 25/04/2016 03:21:13
    Description:
    The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
    Event Xml:
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />
    <EventID>41</EventID>
    <Version>3</Version>
    <Level>1</Level>
    <Task>63</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-04-25T02:21:13.890323900Z" />
    <EventRecordID>1189</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

Date: 24/04/2016 23:06:23
    Description:
    Event Xml:
    <System>
    <EventID>41</EventID>
    <Version>3</Version>
    <Level>1</Level>
    <Task>63</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-04-24T22:06:23.498776300Z" />
    <EventRecordID>1108</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

:)

Jacobboyblue, Apr 25, 2016
  2. John Ado Win User

Black screen then pc restarts

Got it. In case the issue persists, try the steps mentioned in the article above.

Keep us on the loop.

John Ado, Apr 25, 2016
  3. John Ado Win User
    Black screen then pc restarts

Hi,

There could have been some system files that got corrupted during the installation of the update. Let's try running these commands:

• Press Windows key and type Command Prompt then run it as administrator.

• Type DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and press Enter.

• Once it's done, type sfc /scannow and
      press Enter.

• Restart your computer.

If the issue persists, follow the steps outlined in this
    article
    to isolate the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

If you think this was useful, feel free to mark it as an answer to help those who are facing the same problem.

John Ado, Apr 25, 2016
Thema:

PC black/grey screens then restarts

1. PC black/grey screens then restarts - Similar Threads - black grey screens

2. PC Randomly Black Screens and Restarts with no BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Randomly Black Screens and Restarts with no BSOD: Ever since I got my PC, I've been having this issue where my PC can sometimes randomly go to a black screen and automatically restart almost immediately after.These restarts can happen at any random moment, and with no regularity, one day I'll get 3-4 restarts, and then no...
  3. Grey screen with black lines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey screen with black lines: Recently, after I was done playing a game some odd black and grey lines had started to appear on my screen. I turned the pc off and back on again, and the problem still continued, in the very view times I had been able to boot back up, the only thing I was able to really do...
  4. Grey screen with black lines

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Grey screen with black lines: Recently, after I was done playing a game some odd black and grey lines had started to appear on my screen. I turned the pc off and back on again, and the problem still continued, in the very view times I had been able to boot back up, the only thing I was able to really do...
  5. PC black screens and then restarts randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC black screens and then restarts randomly: Ever since I got back from a trip, it seems that every 5-10 minutes my pc will black screen and then restart after 10 seconds. I had recently removed my CPU cooler for an AIO, but when the new AIO didn’t fit I put the old cooler back in. I’m not sure if that causes any issue...
  6. PC black screens and then restarts randomly

PC black screens and then restarts randomly: Ever since I got back from a trip, it seems that every 5-10 minutes my pc will black screen and then restart after 10 seconds. I had recently removed my CPU cooler for an AIO, but when the new AIO didn’t fit I put the old cooler back in. I’m not sure if that causes any issue...
  7. PC black or grey screening with a buzzing sound and restart needed to get pc working again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC black or grey screening with a buzzing sound and restart needed to get pc working again: i just finished a build with a intel core i3-9100 and a AMD Radeon RX580 and when playing games it takes sometimes a while to crash and other times around 5 minutes after booting into the game itself, even just on the home screen. i turned down the clock speed a bit of the...
  8. PC black or grey screening with a buzzing sound and restart needed to get pc working again

PC black or grey screening with a buzzing sound and restart needed to get pc working again: i just finished a build with a intel core i3-9100 and a AMD Radeon RX580 and when playing games it takes sometimes a while to crash and other times around 5 minutes after booting into the game itself, even just on the home screen. i turned down the clock speed a bit of the...
  9. PC randomly crashes and restarts with a black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC randomly crashes and restarts with a black screen: Every time the PC crashes it will boot up and stay stuck on a black screen. Once it is shut down manually then booted up again it is fine. Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Problem signature Problem Event Name:...
  10. Laptop black (grey) screen no beep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop black (grey) screen no beep: So when I tried week ago to turn on my laptop in the morning, at first it show black screen (without beep. LED's are on). Only when I restarted laptop it finally turned on. It was the second day something like this happened. My laptop has been working great since this time,...