Windows 10: PC boots in 6-8 secs, but after entering PIN, desktop takes 30-50 seconds to load. What to do?

Discus and support PC boots in 6-8 secs, but after entering PIN, desktop takes 30-50 seconds to load. What to do? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Tried disabling TPM from Bios and removed lockscreen wallpaper but nothing just happend. When I build that PC, login time was 1-3 seconds.MOBO :... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Manjurul Alam Tanvir, Feb 25, 2024.

1. PC boots in 6-8 secs, but after entering PIN, desktop takes 30-50 seconds to load. What to do?

Tried disabling TPM from Bios and removed lockscreen wallpaper but nothing just happend. When I build that PC, login time was 1-3 seconds.MOBO : GIGABYTE A520M HCPU : RYZEN 5 5600GCOOLER : AMD WRAITH STEALTHSSD : TEAM MP3 256GBRAM : CORSAIR LPX 8GB 3200PSU : ANTEC ATOM V450OS : W11, 24H2

:)

Manjurul Alam Tanvir, Feb 25, 2024

2. Windows 10 load time jumped from 5 secs to 50 secs

Thanks Harry.

Another quick item to check is Startup delay in System Properties.

PC boots in 6-8 secs, but after entering PIN, desktop takes 30-50 seconds to load. What to do? 319496d1613667178t-windows-10-load-time-jumped-5-secs-50-secs-1115-set-startup-delay.jpg

Win key + R, type systempropertiesadvanced + enter. Select Setttings in Startup & Recovery.

Confirm 'Time to display operating system' is set to less than 5 seconds. Most PCs with an SSD allow a setting of 1 second.

W10 Tweaker, Feb 25, 2024
  3. FAST boot time increased by 6 seconds

I'm not sure what did it exactly, but my FAST boot time went from 10 seconds to 16.

Might not seem like a big deal, but I love showing off the 10 to 11 second boot time i used to have.

I moved some of my media files to my mechanical drive (videos, music, documents) using the windows folder properties, but the problem didnt occur right after I did that. I dont really know for sure what the change was.

Not sure if that is the reason, but now I have to see the login/loading screen for 6 seconds on boot.

That increased my boot time to 16-17 seconds, where it used to be between 10-11.

Old boot

power on/screen black (2 seconds)

UEFI Asrock screen (8 seconds)

Desktop

Current boot

power on/screen black (2 seconds)

UEFI Asrock screen (8 seconds)

Login/loading splash screen (6 seconds)

Desktop

TimothyDieterich, Feb 25, 2024
  4. PC boots in 6-8 secs, but after entering PIN, desktop takes 30-50 seconds to load. What to do?

Windows 10 load time jumped from 5 secs to 50 secs

Hi,

Chkdsk was clean and here is a shot of the rest of the commands...

PC boots in 6-8 secs, but after entering PIN, desktop takes 30-50 seconds to load. What to do? 319432d1613609810t-windows-10-load-time-jumped-5-secs-50-secs-capture.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Reboot and 50 sec delay still there.

Harry Flatters, Feb 25, 2024
Thema:

PC boots in 6-8 secs, but after entering PIN, desktop takes 30-50 seconds to load. What to do?

1. PC boots in 6-8 secs, but after entering PIN, desktop takes 30-50 seconds to load. What to do? - Similar Threads - boots secs entering

2. PC boots in 6-8 secs, but after entering PIN, desktop takes 30-50 seconds to load. What to do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC boots in 6-8 secs, but after entering PIN, desktop takes 30-50 seconds to load. What to do?: Tried disabling TPM from Bios and removed lockscreen wallpaper but nothing just happend. When I build that PC, login time was 1-3 seconds.MOBO : GIGABYTE A520M HCPU : RYZEN 5 5600GCOOLER : AMD WRAITH STEALTHSSD : TEAM MP3 256GBRAM : CORSAIR LPX 8GB 3200PSU : ANTEC ATOM V450OS...
  3. Wordpad taking 30 sec. to open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wordpad taking 30 sec. to open.: New PC w/Win 11 and Wordpad taking 30 sec. to open unless network disabled. A search revealed the same problem reported for a couple of years. As reported, disable network and Wordpad opens instantly. Why hasn't MS fixed it? Same with AutoPlay which hasn't worked for several...
  4. Wordpad taking 30 sec. to open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wordpad taking 30 sec. to open.: New PC w/Win 11 and Wordpad taking 30 sec. to open unless network disabled. A search revealed the same problem reported for a couple of years. As reported, disable network and Wordpad opens instantly. Why hasn't MS fixed it? Same with AutoPlay which hasn't worked for several...
  5. Windows 10 load time jumped from 5 secs to 50 secs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 load time jumped from 5 secs to 50 secs: Sorry to trouble you, but I seem to have a similar problem to other folk where my Windows 10 load time has jumped from very speedy (SSD disk, around 5 secs) to not very speedy at all (around 50 secs). I have run the WPA and produced a log, but I'm not really experienced...
  6. PC lagging after 30 seconds not doing anything.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC lagging after 30 seconds not doing anything.: Hi, lately I am having the following problem with my PC: The computer works perfect until I stop using it for exactly 30 seconds without touching the mouse or the controller I play with and it starts to lag: if I am playing a game, FPSs drop heavily. However, when I touch the...
  7. After booting Windows takes 20+ extra seconds to load desktop before prompting login.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After booting Windows takes 20+ extra seconds to load desktop before prompting login.: This didn't use to happen. Cold boot used to take 15 seconds and then after login go straight to desktop. I tried unchecking the "use my sign-in into to automatically...." thing. Then, it takes 15 seconds to get to the first screen, but after I login it takes another 20...
  8. After entering pin to log into Windows 10 the desktop won't load.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After entering pin to log into Windows 10 the desktop won't load.: Hi, Since yesterday, when restarting the computer after it froze, I get to the login-screen enter my pin but then nothing happens. The circle of dots just keep on circling forever and it never gets to the desktop. After googling it was suggested that I needed to repair...
  9. Windows taking 30-50 minutes to boot to LogIn screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows taking 30-50 minutes to boot to LogIn screen: Hi, We've now had a three laptops (HP but completely different models) go from working completely normally to having major problems with no obvious root cause. The latest laptop to have this happened this morning and I see no Windows Updates or HP Updates for yesterday or...
  10. starting my PC used to take 30 secs, now it takes at least 2 mins

in Windows 10 Support
    starting my PC used to take 30 secs, now it takes at least 2 mins: pretty much the title. My PC used to take 30 secs to start and now it takes at least 2 mins (i actually timed it), most of this time is spent on the windows logo loading screen. it's been 2 months. last thing i remember doing was installing Samsung SSD Magician and...