Windows 10: PC Boots to 'Other 'User' after windows reinstall

Discus and support PC Boots to 'Other 'User' after windows reinstall in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My Dell Inspiron 580 desktop boots to 'other user'. I don't use a password and I am the only user so have always had it boot to my account and desktop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by woldsweather, Jan 18, 2017.

1. PC Boots to 'Other 'User' after windows reinstall

My Dell Inspiron 580 desktop boots to 'other user'. I don't use a password and I am the only user so have always had it boot to my account and desktop. I have reinstalled windows many times but never had this before. Looking at netplwz shows just my account. How do get it back to booting t my desktop?
    l

:)

woldsweather, Jan 18, 2017
  2. GripTony Win User

Windows 10, At touch screen sign on using photo password as admin, others users not visible.

I have a "touch screen" Dell pc with multi-users. No issues with Windows 8 using a
    photo password as administrator. All other users are visible at boot up.

Upgraded to Windows 10 and after booting up, the only choice available to sign in is the administrator. No other users can get to the sign on screen after booting up.
    They are not visible.

I changed from signing on with a photo password to a typed password
    and all users are visible at boot up. It does not default only to the administrator like before.

I have another "non-touch screen" Dell laptop pc, just upgraded to Windows 10, and have no issues signing on with multi users.

So the issue seems to be, when using a photo password on Windows 10, as an administrator, other user sign on options are not visible.

Any help?

GripTony, Jan 18, 2017
  3. Apple Magic Mouse

Hi Sumit,

Other users who were experiencing the same issue found out that reinstalling the Boot Camp driver for the mouse in Windows 10 worked for them. Do you have the latest Boot Camp drivers installed on your PC? You might need to get in touch with Apple support
    for assistance with downloading the appropriate drivers.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Aileen Alf, Jan 18, 2017
  4. PC Boots to 'Other 'User' after windows reinstall

Caledon Ken, Jan 20, 2017
  5. woldsweather, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

PC Boots to 'Other 'User' after windows reinstall

1. PC Boots to 'Other 'User' after windows reinstall - Similar Threads - Boots 'Other 'User'

2. Windows does not boot after reinstalling Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows does not boot after reinstalling Windows: HelloI reset windows using the troubleshooting tools available at boot due to some prior issues, however since I reset windows with the option to keep previous data I am now unable to boot into it. When I turn on my PC it shows an option to enter BIOS, a black screen, and...
  3. Windows not booting up after reinstall

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows not booting up after reinstall: I have a dell laptop (about 4-6yrs old) and I had to reinstall windows 10 via a bootable usb. In the setup it showed my 1TB harddrive and installed it. Now the issue is that it doesn't start up after the whole setup thing where it asks for your name and other settings. It's...
  4. Other User after reset...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Other User after reset...: So i had to do a windows 10 reset. I didnt need anything on the pc so i wiped it all. The whole reset took about 6 hours. But now when it goes to the log in screen it says other user and is asking for a username and password. It says there is no admin. I was reading about...
  5. Other user option appeared on sign-in screen after reinstalling Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Other user option appeared on sign-in screen after reinstalling Windows 10: Some time ago, Other User option appeared on sign-in screen after I reinstalled Windows 10. I used friends USB which contains Windows 10 installation. I installed Windows from the same USB, on both of our PCs and we have exactly the same build 18363. On my friends PC, Other...
  6. "Other User" after PC Reset

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Other User" after PC Reset: Soo Recently I had to reset my PC, (Asus VivoBook Pro) because of "Inaccesible-Boot-Device" error. After that, there was a screen showing the percentage of Windows re-installation. When it was at about 80 % the PC restarted itself and showed the locked screen (Generic...
  7. Other user after reset

Other user after reset: Hello So i have fully reset my pc because there were some malwares.After i reset , i was greated to the log in screem with other user Im not so sure what to do. And yes i have tried to enter safe mode but they didden allow me to do that because i was an administrator. It...
  8. Can't boot after reinstall of Windows

Can't boot after reinstall of Windows: My original version was Windows 7 Home Prem OA and I am installing Home Pro It installs, I get to the desktop. I can then install software, updates etc, but if I resart it hangs on the 4 blue windo panes and rotating white dots. I am installing to a 125GB SSD which I...
  9. Windows wont boot after reinstall

Windows wont boot after reinstall: I have reinstalled windows 10 6 times but each time it wont boot. It ahngs on a page with 4 pales blue window panes anda rotating circle of dots. Once it did boot and I spent hours setting it up as I wanted it but same again after a restart. Hardware diagnostics all say...
  10. PC in Boot loop after win 10 reinstall

in Windows 10 Support
    PC in Boot loop after win 10 reinstall: My PC was running slow so I decided to try to reinstall windows 10 using the recovery in the control panel. After it set everything up and made sure there was room on the hard drive it installed but now when it hit the screen with the win10 logo and the spinning dots it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc boots to other user only on reset

2. reinstall windows and came up with other user and pasword