Windows 10: PC cannot discover Projector through miracast

Discus and support PC cannot discover Projector through miracast in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My PC cannot discover my projector through miracast anymore. It was working a few days ago and now I cannot discover my projector at all. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MatSchauman, Jul 30, 2018.

1. PC cannot discover Projector through miracast

My PC cannot discover my projector through miracast anymore. It was working a few days ago and now I cannot discover my projector at all. I have googled for a solution for 2 days now and updated all drivers and uninstalled and reinstalled many things. I messed with firewall settings and turned it off completely to see if that would allow a connection but unfortunately nothing changed. I want to know if there is anything else I can try to get this fixed. Plugging in directly is not an option as I dont have a cable long enough to reach from my PC to my projector. I can connect to my projector through screen mirroring from my phone just fine so I know that it works still. any suggestions much appreciated.

:)

MatSchauman, Jul 30, 2018

2. PC cannot discover Projector through miracast

My PC cannot discover my projector through miracast anymore. It was working a few days ago and now I cannot discover my projector at all. I have googled for a solution for 2 days now and updated all drivers and uninstalled and reinstalled many things.
    I messed with firewall settings and turned it off completely to see if that would allow a connection but unfortunately nothing changed. I want to know if there is anything else I can try to get this fixed. Plugging in directly is not an option as I dont have
    a cable long enough to reach from my PC to my projector. I can connect to my projector through screen mirroring from my phone just fine so I know that it works still. any suggestions much appreciated.

MatSchauman, Oct 1, 2018
  3. PC cannot discover Projector through miracast

Hi Mat,

Since you were able to project through Miracast before, then there's a possibility that current changes and updates performed on your computer may have triggered the problem. Below are the factors we need to check in order to properly connect to your wireless
    display.

• Make sure the Wi-Fi is turned on.
    • Make sure the wireless display supports Miracast and make sure it's turned on.
    • The device drivers should be up-to-date and that your wireless display, adapter, or dock has the latest firmware installed.

If the above factors are met and still having the same issue, then please restart your PC and the projector. If it's still not working after the restart, then remove the wireless display or the projector, and then reconnect it. Just navigate to
    Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices. Select your projector or wireless display, then hit
    Remove device.

Please let me know how it goes so I'll be able to further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 1, 2018
  4. PC cannot discover Projector through miracast

MiraCast

Hi,

Your device should support Miracast. To answer your question, we suggest that you check this article:

Connect to a projector or PC
    . It includes the steps on how to do it.

Let us know if you have additional questions.

Janeane Cru, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

PC cannot discover Projector through miracast

1. PC cannot discover Projector through miracast - Similar Threads - cannot discover Projector

2. Not Able to Connect to TV Through Miracast

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not Able to Connect to TV Through Miracast: Hello Everyone,I am trying to connect my laptop to the smart TV through Miracast, but I always get this error message "couldn't connect to your device try to reconnect through action center" even when I use the action center.I already found this question posted many times in...
  3. Not Able to Connect to TV Through Miracast

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not Able to Connect to TV Through Miracast: Hello Everyone,I am trying to connect my laptop to the smart TV through Miracast, but I always get this error message "couldn't connect to your device try to reconnect through action center" even when I use the action center.I already found this question posted many times in...
  4. Not Able to Connect to TV Through Miracast

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Cannot utilise a WimiuS P62 projector

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot utilise a WimiuS P62 projector: I have a Dell Precision 5540 running on MS windows 11. The computer is telling me that the windows update is at the latest spec as at today. However, in connecting to a Wimius P62 projector which was working perfectly with the same computer 6 weeks ago, I find that only the...
  6. Cannot utilise a WimiuS P62 projector

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot utilise a WimiuS P62 projector: I have a Dell Precision 5540 running on MS windows 11. The computer is telling me that the windows update is at the latest spec as at today. However, in connecting to a Wimius P62 projector which was working perfectly with the same computer 6 weeks ago, I find that only the...
  7. Windows 10 Laptop not discovered from android Miracast

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Laptop not discovered from android Miracast: For training purposes, i need to mirror my phone to a screen so that I can share it in a Teams meeting. I have added the wireless display optional feature in Windows 10 and installed the Connect app , but my Samsung Galaxy 7 does not detect this to connect to. The phone has...
  8. Is it possible to extend my pc screen that runs through Ethernet with miracast?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to extend my pc screen that runs through Ethernet with miracast?: Hey guys, hope you’re all doing well. Basically Im wondering if I could use my laptop as a secondary monitor for my main pc. My main pc is running through Ethernet, and under the “Projecting to this PC” tab in settings, it says that this device doesn’t support receiving...
  9. Connect PC to Projector

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connect PC to Projector: I need connecting my PC (Windows 10 Home edition) to Projector Notevision Sharp PG-M20X. I used Connecting to a Computer Using a DVI Cable (Sold Separately) This projector comes installed with a DVI digital input terminal in which computer digital image signals can be...
  10. No Miracast on pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Miracast on pc: My older i3 2.35gHz intel pc does not have Miracast and I would like to stream games to Xbox One's new Wireless Display app. Does anyone know of a adapter for the pc that has a range of approximately 40 ft that I could buy? I am not a networking expert but I do have my pc...