Windows 10: PC connects to someone elses open network automatically.

Discus and support PC connects to someone elses open network automatically. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, my computer keeps logging me in to a open network first, I then have to disconnect to log into my own. How can I stop this from happening?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BrendanRogers1, Jul 10, 2018.

1. PC connects to someone elses open network automatically.

Hi, my computer keeps logging me in to a open network first, I then have to disconnect to log into my own. How can I stop this from happening?

:)

BrendanRogers1, Jul 10, 2018

2. Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Jul 10, 2018
  3. Network Connectivity Issue

Hi,

The problem you've encountered with your network connection is most likely caused by an outdated network driver since this appeared after the recent update. We suggest updating the driver for your network adapter. Please follow the steps below:

• Right-click Windows key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Network adapters category.
    • Right-click the one that says Ethernet Connection, then click
      Update Driver
    • Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
    • If Windows is unable to find a new driver for your network adapter, try checking its manufacturer's website.

If the above steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver. Here's how:

• Open Device Manager, right-click the name your network adapter, then select
      Uninstall.
    • Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Update us with the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 10, 2018
  4. PC connects to someone elses open network automatically.

Windows 10: Disable automatic connection of a wireless network

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in replying.

If you have not tried this then you may follow these steps to test if that helps:

• Open "Network and Sharing Center".

• On the left pane, click on the option "Manage wireless networks”.

• Look for those networks where the Security is "Unsecured." Right-click on an unsecured network, then click on "Properties”.

• Make sure that the box next to "Connect automatically when this network is in range," is not checked. Then click on "OK" to save your settings. Repeat the steps to uncheck the box for any other unsecured networks on the list.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Jul 10, 2018
Thema:

PC connects to someone elses open network automatically.

1. PC connects to someone elses open network automatically. - Similar Threads - connects someone elses

2. PC automatically connects to a network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC automatically connects to a network: So I recently moved to a new place and have never bought my PC. However, I have brought my laptop before and its connected to the same microsoft account as my PC. A few days later I brought over my PC and it automatically connected to the new house's WIFI. Is there anything I...
  3. PC automatically connects to a network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC automatically connects to a network: So I recently moved to a new place and have never bought my PC. However, I have brought my laptop before and its connected to the same microsoft account as my PC. A few days later I brought over my PC and it automatically connected to the new house's WIFI. Is there anything I...
  4. Disable add someone else to this pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable add someone else to this pc: Hi I am running windows 10 pro and I want to disable the ability to add a new user to the pc? If not limiting what new user access to the internet or files would help?I have already enabled block microsoft accounts, this does nothing. Why is that considered a solution?...
  5. someone else on my network with the same IP address

in Windows 10 Customization
    someone else on my network with the same IP address: I am getting this message stating that my PC says there is someone else on my network with the same IP address and to check this in the WIndows System event Log. I have read the solution that is posted for this but my question is why is this happening when this is my...
  6. How to disconnect a network if Someone is Network-Connected to my PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to disconnect a network if Someone is Network-Connected to my PC: Hi everybody, From Command Prompt == > Type netstat and press the Enter key == > It gave me some other unknown computers network names Can someone tell me how to block them. Thank you I am using Windows 10 version 2004 162565
  7. someone else is still using this PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    someone else is still using this PC: whe I was going to shut down my pc I get this message [ATTACH] then I realized that , this is the user who is logged in my pc, who is this user, and how he logged in [ATTACH]...
  8. Someone else is still using this pc

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Someone else is still using this pc: whats happening :- i log in to user 1 , shutdown . i use laptop again i log into user 2. when i try to shut down from user 2 it says some one is using the pc , the user 1 is still signed in even after shutdown it happens all the time then i have to go to user 1 to sign...
  9. Account on someone elses PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Account on someone elses PC: A whiIe ago I added my xbox account to a friend’s laptop because it gave me the standard “add you account to access your account features and track achievements and all that?” messge. I clicked yes abd after that his account could not access things like the web browser. He...
  10. Windows automatically connects to open WiFi networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows automatically connects to open WiFi networks: Hi, On my PC there are multiple networks visible. A part of this list are open networks. The only stored network is my home network and for some reason my PC automatically connects to open networks. These networks are not remembered and I cannot find the functionality to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my internet automatically connects to someone elses router how do i stop that