Windows 10: PC Continuously rebooting after attempted system reset

Discus and support PC Continuously rebooting after attempted system reset in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Alright so here are all of the details because it didn't start with the endless looping. Earlier today on my PC and after attempting some windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Orex, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Orex Win User

PC Continuously rebooting after attempted system reset

Alright so here are all of the details because it didn't start with the endless looping. Earlier today on my PC and after attempting some windows 10 updates to my system it suddenly started locking me out of device manager and other admin level rights saying "this application has been bocked for your own protection" and it said to ask the administrator about it....

I am the administrator so this was odd. So after trying to fix that for awhile then my network connection died. Every time I tried to troubleshoot the connection it said "a problem stopped the troubleshoot from starting". Internet was working fine on my phone via wifi and for everyone else in the house so something weird was going on with the PC. So as a last ditch effort I tried to do a system reset.

So I chose system reset while saving my files. Computer restarts, and then shuts off, then restarts again, shuts off. It doesn't even boot up long enough to reach bios it just keeps restarting. System was working fine all day until I attempted a reinstall of windows 10. The system is about 3 years old exactly. Any help would be appreciated, this is really frustrating.

:)

2. Windows 10 error resetting

I attempted to fully reset windows 10 on my pc, however after multiple attempts it stopped around 50 percent saying "there was a problem resetting your pc". After trying again I attempted to reboot the computer in safe mode, now the pc is stuck in
    a cycle where the opening Inspiron screen is shown loading but after it completes loading the monitor says "signal lost" and cuts black before going to the loading screen again and continuing the cycle. I turned the pc on and off with the power button on the
    tower and it did not help. What can I do to fix this?

Stephen Zack, Jun 23, 2017
  3. TonyR_48 Win User
    PC will not boot up after Windows 10 upgrade

After I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, after a couple days the PC locked up and would not reboot. I then pressed F1 after a power off/on and attempted to do a SYSTEM RESTORE. That did not work so I attempted to GO BACK TO THE PREVIOUS BUILD. The
    PC now is in a continuous loop stating RESTARTING. Any suggestions what to do next?

TonyR_48, Jun 23, 2017
  4. Romulinx Win User

Have you tried booting up while pressing "F8" KEY? This should boot you into safe mode.

Romulinx, Jun 23, 2017
  5. Orex Win User
    It doesn't get that far. Neither the keyboard mouse or monitor ever initializes. the startup happens for maybe 3 seconds tops then restarts

6. NavyLCDR New Member
    F8 is disabled by default in Windows 10.

That sounds like a hardware failure. I've seen a bad USB keyboard cause that - not to mention anything failing internally could cause it. I would start by disconnecting everything from the computer but the monitor. Including disconnecting the mouse and keyboard. Then try power on.

NavyLCDR, Jun 23, 2017
  7. Orex Win User
    So I ended up taking out the battery from the Mobo resetting that. That allowed for me to eventually reinstall windows without a constant reboot issue.

Now another issue is cropping up where one of my SSD's, a PNY 480gb, is stuck in a RAW file system mode. I have tried multiple times to reformat to no avail.

I downloaded crystal disk to check the drive to make sure its not dead or something but that tells me its 100% healthy.

Not sure what to do at this point though. I've made volumes, redeleted, and then tried to format again and it says windows can't format the drive.

8. NavyLCDR New Member

Make sure the computer does a full reboot by selecting Restart from the power icon. Then open a Command Prompt (Admin) or Powershell (Admin) and run:

diskpart
    list disk
    select disk # <- replace # with the disk number of the problem SSD. Make sure to get it right!
    clean <- this will erase everything on the selected disk
    convert gpt
    create part pri
    format fs=ntfs quick
    assign
    exit
    exit

NavyLCDR, Jun 24, 2017
  9. Raner Win User
    Raner, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. PC Continuously rebooting after attempted system reset - Similar Threads - Continuously rebooting attempted

2. Continuous Reboot because of "Attempting to recover installation" error message.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Continuous Reboot because of "Attempting to recover installation" error message.: I have A Dell Inspiron 15 3000 and it is stuck in a continuous boot mode after doing a windows update. I left it updating overnight then when I tried to use it I realized that it was stuck on a continuous reboot and keeps saying "Attempting to recover installation...." &...
  3. Continuous Reboot because of "Attempting to recover installation" error message.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Continuous Reboot because of "Attempting to recover installation" error message.: I have A Dell Inspiron 15 3000 and it is stuck in a continuous boot mode after doing a windows update. I left it updating overnight then when I tried to use it I realized that it was stuck on a continuous reboot and keeps saying "Attempting to recover installation...." &...
  4. Continuous Reboot because of "Attempting to recover installation" error message.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Continuous Loop after an attempt to reset Dell All-in-One

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Continuous Loop after an attempt to reset Dell All-in-One: I have a dell Inspiron 24 that I am attempting to reset. Now that it has finished, it is in a continuous loop of the dell logo popping up once I turn it on. It has be doing this for over 18 hours. Hardware is fine. Unable to enter into safe mode, none of the settings using...
  6. Continuous Loop after an attempt to reset Dell All-in-One

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Continuous Loop after an attempt to reset Dell All-in-One: I have a dell Inspiron 24 that I am attempting to reset. Now that it has finished, it is in a continuous loop of the dell logo popping up once I turn it on. It has be doing this for over 18 hours. Hardware is fine. Unable to enter into safe mode, none of the settings using...
  7. Continuous Loop after an attempt to reset Dell All-in-One

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Attempting to reset my pc.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Attempting to reset my pc.: Earlier today, I noticed that my computer was acting sluggish and not performing great, so I wanted to do a factory reset. However, whenever I try, the reset gets to about 30 percent and gives the error message, "There was a problem resetting your pc n\ No changes were...
  9. PC continues to reset itself despite trouble shooting attempts.

PC continues to reset itself despite trouble shooting attempts.: Just built a brand new rig. It was working great at first, then it randomly reset itself. Now, it resets itself whenever I try to log into windows. If I don't try to log into windows, It wont' reset, it'll just sit there on the log in screen. So far, I've re-seated the...
  10. PC continues to reboot in a loop after windows update

PC continues to reboot in a loop after windows update: Hi there, I am having issues with my Acer PC after a windows 10 update. PC going into a reboot loop. I can go into the bios using del/f12 keys but have failed to reboot from hard-drive, removal device and usb etc so no avail. PC keeps saying its trying to go back to last...