Windows 10: PC crash - no digital license recorded

Discus and support PC crash - no digital license recorded in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I ran windows recovery on an old PC. It crashed and I got the error 0xc000000e. I originally purchased it with XP(?) and upgraded to 7. Then I got the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by beep1027, Aug 17, 2018.

1. beep1027 Win User

PC crash - no digital license recorded

I ran windows recovery on an old PC. It crashed and I got the error 0xc000000e. I originally purchased it with XP(?) and upgraded to 7. Then I got the free upgrade to 10. I have a product key for the purchased upgrade to 7, but no digital license for 10. When I verify the 7 product key, I get "contact the mfg." That was so long ago I keep getting an email bounce. Any ideas on how to get an OS back on this PC?

:)

beep1027, Aug 17, 2018

2. Digital license

Thats how licensing works with Windows 10, the digital license is attached to your Microsoft Account and makes it easy to reactivate Windows 10 in the event you reinstall it.

Learn more:

Andre Da Costa, Aug 17, 2018
  3. Transfer digital license from old PC to New one.

You would have to first ensure the Digital License is linked to your Microsoft Account. See instructions how to do that. You can then use the Troubleshooter on the new computer after installing Windows 10 to restore the license.

Please note, if your license was upgraded from a OEM preinstalled Windows 7 or Windows 7 license, it is not transferable.

See:

4. PC crash - no digital license recorded

Digital License

Windows 10 Digital License

When you upgraded from a previous version of Windows or receive a new computer preinstalled with Windows 10, what happened is the hardware (your PC) will get a digital entitlement, where a unique signature of the computer will be stored on Microsoft
    Activation Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics key.

Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. It will automatically reactivate. You will prompted to enter a product key a couple times through the installation, click I don't have
    a key and Do this later.

There is no need to know or get a new key, but if you have issues with Digital Licensing or the Activation Troubleshooter, you can utilize an existing Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key you already own to
    reactivate if necessary. or use the reset function in Windows 10.

Activate Your Windows 10 License via Microsoft Chat Support

Reinstall by Performing a Direct Clean Install

If Windows 10 was already installed and activated on your system, just proceed to perform a direct clean install as described in the following articles.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Thema:

PC crash - no digital license recorded

1. PC crash - no digital license recorded - Similar Threads - crash digital license

2. Reimage PC - Digital license.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reimage PC - Digital license.: I have a HP refurbished laptop. It came with pre-installed windows version with digital license.I want to reset my laptop as it is acting very weird.Before I reset it I'd like to know if it will affect my "digital license linked with MS account". Thats what it says under...
  3. Reimage PC - Digital license.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reimage PC - Digital license.: I have a HP refurbished laptop. It came with pre-installed windows version with digital license.I want to reset my laptop as it is acting very weird.Before I reset it I'd like to know if it will affect my "digital license linked with MS account". Thats what it says under...
  4. Reimage PC - Digital license.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows Digital License on 2 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Digital License on 2 PC: Hello,First, sorry for my bad english.I have Windows 11 and Office 2021 linked on my account, and already activated on my PC.Can i usemy account / same account to activating windows and office 2021 on my second PC?Thanks,...
  6. Transferring Digital License to New PC

Transferring Digital License to New PC: I want to transfer a retail digital license for Windows 10 Home Edition, purchased online, from my Lenovo desktop, which stopped working, to a new Dell desktop. I have tried all of the suggestions and MS Support, but I can't get through to talk to an actual person. I am...
  7. digital license used by another pc

digital license used by another pc: Unfortunately I linked another PC named DELL, installed with cracked window 8 pro version to my Microsoft account. When i download iso file of window 10 on that PC and updated it, window activate by my Microsoft linked digital license which was originally linked to my 1st PC...
  8. Transferring Digital License to a new PC

Transferring Digital License to a new PC: Hello, I am soon going to sell my PC and build a new one, but I'd like to transfer my digital license over to the new PC that I am going to build. I would also like to point out that my digital license is already linked to my Microsoft account. I need a explanation on how to...
  9. Transferring Digital License to new PC

Transferring Digital License to new PC: Hello, I have been trying to activate Windows 10 on my new computer using the digital license I have connected to my Microsoft account. I bought Windows 10 Pro digitally from Microsoft a few years ago and have been running it on my laptop since. My new desktop is meant to...
  10. Windows digital license on new PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows digital license on new PC: Hello. I had a Windows 8 laptop and when Windows 10 came out, I updated for free which means I got a digital activation license for my Microsoft Account. After I got a PC though, I cannot use that license. Is this how it works or am I running into a problem?...