Windows 10: PC crashes after hard boot

Discus and support PC crashes after hard boot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been getting few BSOD screens lately, usually while watching a YouTube video and sometimes the system crashes as soon as it boots. However, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by amodi252, May 10, 2016.

1. amodi252 Win User

PC crashes after hard boot

I have been getting few BSOD screens lately, usually while watching a YouTube video and sometimes the system crashes as soon as it boots. However, I have been very busy lately so I kept postponing the the search to find the error.Today, something unusual happened, after yesterday's update (KB3156421), I booted my system but the monitor remained blank, I could here clicking noises around the area of DVD drive (couldn't tell if it was from the hard drive or not) and the system didn't boot up. I had to do a hard boot and restart my PC, which gave me this error:Attachment 79241I selected the second option and then the system had booted successfully, soon I restarted my computer to clock the RAM back to 1866Mhz and it still loaded fine. However, whenever I did a hard boot when I was troubleshooting this error, the clocking noise came back and I had to manually restart the system to be confronted with the same message.Notes:I have ran both MemTest and the chkdsk command before (around 4 months ago) and there were no problems.Have also ran a Kaspersky virus scan and no malware was detected.I have uploaded the DM log collector file but it does not contain a crash report for today's BSOD.

:)

amodi252, May 10, 2016

2. PC crashes

PC crashes during or soon after boot up continuously. Using upgraded Windows 10 Pro 32 bit... upgraded automatically by MS from Windows 7.

Have to perform hard stop and reboot... only for it to crash again during or soon after boot up. How do I start it in Safe Mode and Will this help? Thank you.

RobertFreedman, May 10, 2016
  3. Upgrading to Windows 10 after a hard drive crash

I intended to upgrade this PC to Windows 10, to match the others in my house, but the hard drive crashed in mid-June. This was a Dell hybrid drive, and it simply wouldn't boot.

I finally got the hard drive replaced today, and Windows 8.1 installed to get this PC back booted to windows.

But as I'm downloading windows updates, I see that the upgrade to Windows 10 is no longer available.

So am I now cut out of the free upgrade just because my hard drive crashed and I didn't get it fixed quick enough?

Help is appreciated.

BobJones_aint, May 10, 2016
  4. amodi252 Win User

New BSOD appeared when logging in after PC was put to sleep immediately after it restarted.The BSOD pointed at a system file called "igdkmd64.sys", which I believe is to do with Intel HD Graphics.Therefore, I went to the device manager and tried to update that driver but it said it was up-to-date.I have attached the DM Log Collector file (this one does contain the crash report for this BSOD)Thank you for taking the time to help me.

amodi252, May 11, 2016
  5. axe0 New Member
    Hi amodi252,

Please ensure that you revert back any overclock and see if that helps.
    Code: [Memory Device (Type 17) - Length 34 - Handle 0046h] Physical Memory Array Handle 0042h Memory Error Info Handle [Not Provided] Total Width 64 bits Data Width 64 bits Size 4096MB Form Factor 09h - DIMM Device Set [None] Device Locator ChannelB-DIMM1 Bank Locator BANK 3 Memory Type 18h - Specification Reserved Type Detail 0080h - Synchronous Speed 1866MHz Manufacturer 0215 Serial Number Asset Tag Number Part Number CMY8GX3M2A1866C9[/quote]

6. amodi252 Win User
    Am I overclocking when the RAM's normal speed is 1866 Mhz, still I'll clock the speed at 1333 Mhz to see if that helps.Anyways, a similar system crash happened when I turned to the PC today and unfortunately, no minidump file was created.

amodi252, May 11, 2016
  7. amodi252 Win User
    Nope, that didn't work.I clocked the RAM at 1333 Mhz and rebooted, and the PC gave me the same screen when I gave it a hard boot.However, this time I selected the first option in the "boot failure detected" screen and now it came with a whole new error, which looked pretty serious.Attachment 79400Again, no dump file was created. Also, I have kept my PC running at 1866 Mhz, or shall I revert it to 1333Mhz?I have created a Recovery Disk but will I need to use it? If so, I'm not sure how to.

amodi252, May 11, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

You have to revert all overclocking back, overclocking may make things worse if it is improper somehow.

Boot into your BIOS, load the default optimal settings and reboot again.

PC crashes after hard boot [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Test
    HDD TEST

Run SeaTools DOS to check the integrity of your HDD. SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use - Windows 7 Help Forums

Note Do not run SeaTools on an SSD as the results will be invalid.
    Post photos of the test results

Run chkdsk
    Disk Check - Windows 7 Help Forums

Best is to make screenshots/photos of these test results too.

9. amodi252 Win User
    Uh oh, I tried to run the SeaTools but some error came, of which picture I can't post because I'm using my phone. I had to shut down my PC and now whenever I restart it, it gives me the same clocking noise, not even an option to open the BIOS menu, I took out the CD but the results are the same, I can't use the Recovery Disc right now but I will try tomorrow, I'm not sure whether that will work or not because even the SeaTools CD wasn't loading. I think I need your immediate help because I need my PC quite urgently. Thank you in advance.Further information, the screen stays blank while the PC starts making clocking noises, I have to force shut down it to make the PC stop. I have created a system image few hours ago but no option to use it is shown because again the screen stays blank.

amodi252, May 12, 2016
  10. amodi252 Win User
    Ok so I managed to boot the PC (don't ask me how, I'm not sure myself)The message I was given when SeaTools failed to launch was:Attachment 79441I'm pretty sure that I did change the SATA operation from AHCI to IDE before booting from the CD.I haven't yet ran the chkdsk command.

amodi252, May 12, 2016
  11. amodi252 Win User
    I've ran the Check Disk utility and it has finished now, how do I check the results?

amodi252, May 13, 2016
  12. axe0 New Member
  13. amodi252 Win User

I gave my PC a hard boot again to check if the check disk utility made it work but now I can't manage to boot into the system. As I had an opportunity, I opened my PC and tried to find where the clocking noise was coming from I realised that it wasn't a clocking noise from my hard drive but it was a short repeated beeping from the system speaker. What error has my PC encountered?Doing a quick research I got that my memory may not have been correctly installed as it was a short continuous beeping, let me go and try reinserting the memory sticks

amodi252, May 13, 2016
  14. amodi252 Win User
    Nope, that didn't work, the speaker is still giving continuous short beeps and I still can't access my computer . I tried to insert the two memory sticks into the other two slots but they don't go in easily so I gave up. Anything else I can try?

amodi252, May 13, 2016
  15. axe0 New Member
Thema:

1. PC crashes after hard boot - Similar Threads - crashes hard boot

2. Pc crashes on boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc crashes on boot: I have just installed a brand new AIO for me pcCorsair 100x elite but now every time I boot my pc it crashes. I have no clue how to fix this or if I have done something wrong in the installation of my AIO. My pcs full specs areCPU: intel core i7 12700kMotherboard: MSI MAG...
  3. Pc crashes on boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc crashes on boot: I have just installed a brand new AIO for me pcCorsair 100x elite but now every time I boot my pc it crashes. I have no clue how to fix this or if I have done something wrong in the installation of my AIO. My pcs full specs areCPU: intel core i7 12700kMotherboard: MSI MAG...
  4. PC Hard Crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Hard Crashing: My PC has been hard crashing when playing games of varying performance requirements. I'm including WHEA DMP files as those were the only indicators in Event Viewer that pointed to any issues leading up to the crash. I have tried several steps such as:- Reseating components...
  5. PC Hard Crashing

PC Hard Crashing: My PC has been hard crashing when playing games of varying performance requirements. I'm including WHEA DMP files as those were the only indicators in Event Viewer that pointed to any issues leading up to the crash. I have tried several steps such as:- Reseating components...
  6. PC Hard Crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Pc keeps crashing after i hard reset it

Pc keeps crashing after i hard reset it: some times it would stay on for an hour, but then give me another bsod. I hard reset it again but now everytime i try to install windows it crashes and it loops. I figured it was the drive and tried fixing it but it just wont work...
  8. Pc keeps crashing after i hard reset it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pc keeps crashing after i hard reset it: some times it would stay on for an hour, but then give me another bsod. I hard reset it again but now everytime i try to install windows it crashes and it loops. I figured it was the drive and tried fixing it but it just wont work...
  9. Pc keeps crashing after i hard reset it

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. PC WON'T BOOT AFTER 7TSP CRASHES

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC WON'T BOOT AFTER 7TSP CRASHES: So i decided to use 7tsp ( i forgive it so much),and it crashed and i rebooted the pc,now it won't boot at all,already tried to get access to recovery(troubleshooting screen),but i'm not able to press any buttons there any suggestions? i can't find how to just boot up in...