Windows 10: PC crashes randomly when playing games.

Discus and support PC crashes randomly when playing games. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've had this problem now for about a month. Somedays it wont happen at all, others it will happen 4-5 times. When playing a game my pc will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ekkix, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Ekkix Win User

PC crashes randomly when playing games.

I've had this problem now for about a month. Somedays it wont happen at all, others it will happen 4-5 times.

When playing a game my pc will crash/freeze at random. I'm completely locked out. Mouse wont move, can't use keyboard. Computer is completely frozen and unresponsive, so i have to force reboot holding the power button.

I've been googling like crazy to get to the bottom of whats going on, changing various settings and what not. I've also been trying to get windows to create a crash dump file that might indicate or point me in the right direction of the cause, but for some reason it just doesn't. The event viewer is coming up as:
    "Event ID: 41"
    "Source: Kernel-Power"
    "Details: Session "" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000022!"

I suspect that might be coming from the force reboot, but i went out and bought a new PSU just incase there may have been an issue with surges that may be harming the rest of the hardware. However just today it happened again so now im pretty much at my wits end and could use some help/insight from more knowledgeable people.

If anyone could help it would be appreciated.

Thank you

:)

Ekkix, Mar 9, 2018

2. Display driver Nvidia windows kernel mode driver, version 359.06 stopped responding and successfully recovered

I have no idea whether this issue is on the driver problem or the windows 10 but this issue only happened either on two choice randomly, one case is my laptop on charging state has crashed all games while playing or crashed game after start charging the
    laptop when playing games.

KOH JUN MING, Mar 9, 2018
  3. Lumia 1020 spontaneously reboots

It does seem strange that a game should crash the device in such a way? Usually the app will just close!

You state it happens MOSTLY when playing the game, does it happen randomly too? This would indicate more a hardware failure somewhere, don't you think?

Have you had the device checked at a care centre or re-flashed with the PC recovery tool?

TheAndycoydwilson, Mar 9, 2018
  4. EdTittel Win User

Here's a pretty smart and informative article on the many possible causes for this error from NeoSmart.net (the makers of the EasyBCD boot and BCD repair utility): 0xc0000022 – Fix for Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10. Probably worth exploring this resource in some detail.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Mar 9, 2018
  5. Ekkix Win User
    Edtittel, thank you for your response.

I've read through the article you posted, i'm not sure how to go about identifying the dll resposible although i did download the tool that was provided and to be honest not sure that's the problem as i have done a completely fresh install of windows trying to fix the issue. I've done the sfc /scannow in the command prompt multiple times and no errors have been found. I've run a memory diagnostic and no errors were found there either.

Ekkix, Mar 9, 2018
  6. Dude Win User
    How are your temps? Are you Overclocking?

Dude, Mar 9, 2018
  7. Faith Win User
    The kernel-power error is related to the forced shutdown, but code 0xc0000022 is usually caused by missing/corrupted dynamic-link libraries or inaccessible data. Are you sure that this code matches the PC freezing mid-game? Where are your games loaded onto anyway? And what device & controller type are you using?

Faith, Mar 9, 2018
  8. Ekkix Win User

No overclocking and temps are fine.

Ekkix, Mar 9, 2018
  9. Ekkix Win User
    Games are loaded onto my C drive which a is an SSD samsung 850 EVO 500gb.

Computer specs:

Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK
    CPU: Intel Core i5-2500
    RAM: 2x4gig Corsair
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

I've checked all drivers are up to date

Ekkix, Mar 9, 2018
  10. Faith Win User
    Is this the SATA or M.2 design? If you have a secondary SSD/HDD then you should try to install a game there and see if it still crashes, to rule out the possibilities. Porbably important too to know if this just happened randomly or was this issue there when you first got the PC?

Faith, Mar 9, 2018
  11. Ekkix Win User
    Dunno what design it is, i'm assuming SATA? This just started happening recently. I built the PC myself a few years back. Apart from the PSU, which i installed yesterday, the GPU is the latest upgrade which is now about 2 years old and has been running perfectly.

Too be honest i think the "Details: Session "" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000022!" is related to a different event which isnt related. I may have misread. It's not causing the crashes as it accures after i reboot.

Ekkix, Mar 9, 2018
  12. Ekkix Win User
    Sorry, the SSD is the latest upgrade which is about a year old.

Ekkix, Mar 9, 2018
  13. Faith Win User

Yeah, it seems odd to get this error code while playing games, aswell as locking up your computer. My Instinct is at the GPU and possibly the driver since it's happened soley while playing games, right? I mean if it was the disk or RAM you should probably notice the computer freezing in Windows aswell, and you did run diagnostics without any errors popping up too. But you should check the event viewer for any other abnormal behaviors, under warnings. Specifically nvdlmkm.sys/2. If your driver is crashing often then it could be because of this. What PSu did you swap in and out to?

And if you didn't know of this, try using DDU from Geforce's website: https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...d-03-04-2018-/ And re-install the latest Nvidia driver. I use it often to troubleshoot GPU drivers.

Faith, Mar 9, 2018
  14. Ekkix Win User
    I got a corsair TX850M 850watt.

I have found 2 warnings in the event viewer.
    1st one is:
    Source: User Device Registration
    ID: 360
    Windows Hello for Business provisioning will not be launched.

2nd is:
    Source: Time-Service
    Event ID:134
    NtpClient was unable to set a manual peer to use as a time source because of DNS resolution error on 'time.windows.com,0x9'. NtpClient will try again in 15 minutes and double the reattempt interval thereafter. The error was: No such host is known. (0x80072AF9)

I'll try reinstalling latest driver.

Ekkix, Mar 9, 2018
  15. Faith Win User
    Those are probably unimportant. I don't remember where it will be stored (maybe under critical?) but you need to be on the lookout for any correlation between the GPU and its driver crashing, if it's crashing that is, when your PC freezes up. I know the error is nvdlmkm.sys and sys2, but I don't remember the Windows STOP-code for a hung graphics device. It might be a timeout-detection that doesn't recover causing it to freeze mid-game. If there's no connection there when the PC is crashing then it will be harder to troubleshoot.

Faith, Mar 9, 2018
Thema:

1. PC crashes randomly when playing games. - Similar Threads - crashes randomly playing

2. PC crashing when playing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashing when playing games.: Hello everyone. I have a pretty good-quality gaming pc i7-12700 proc, RTX 3060, 1TB HDD/512GB SSD, 8GB RAM that's been working well for about a year. A month or so ago, it started crashing. I eventually fixed it by updating the drivers, and it was fine for a few weeks....
  3. Random crashes when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random crashes when playing games: My system seems to crash at random times when playing games. It usually happens within a few minutes of starting a game. I tried to monitor the temperatures of my GPU and CPU and neither seem to get high enough to cause this both are < 60C.I tried updating all drivers, clean...
  4. Random crashes when playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random crashes when playing games: My system seems to crash at random times when playing games. It usually happens within a few minutes of starting a game. I tried to monitor the temperatures of my GPU and CPU and neither seem to get high enough to cause this both are < 60C.I tried updating all drivers, clean...
  5. PC crashes when playing games.

PC crashes when playing games.: Computer keeps on crashing whenever I play some computer games. Lately been playing Bannerlord and Nioh and sometimes I get a random black screen crash without warning. the sound would still play for a few minutes but no amount of input can restore the game or the computer...
  6. PC crashes when playing games.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC crashes when playing games.: Computer keeps on crashing whenever I play some computer games. Lately been playing Bannerlord and Nioh and sometimes I get a random black screen crash without warning. the sound would still play for a few minutes but no amount of input can restore the game or the computer...
  7. pc crash when playing game

pc crash when playing game: hi, I’m here because I need some help.I have a new PC, but I have a problem with it.If I launch a game, i can play like 20 m and it crash, then it launch the BIOS and I can’t leave the BIOS without forcing the PC to stop It relaunch the BIOS everytime I leave it.I tried to...
  8. PC crashing when playing games

PC crashing when playing games: my pc is always crashing when i play games like gta 5 roblox far cry 5 minecraft and more i already tried resetting my pc but its still the same https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-crashing-when-playing-games/91134ea0-c3c7-42f1-89c4-beea666ba8a8
  9. Random computer crashes when playing game

Random computer crashes when playing game: Hey everyone, my computer has been randomly crashing when playing Kingdom Come Deliverance. It seems to happen more frequently lately happening about three times today. I have uploaded my .dmp file Even though it says date modified 10/2 and my MSinfo file. Any help/direction...
  10. Random crashes/freezes when playing games

Random crashes/freezes when playing games: Hello, about a year ago i had problems on my PC where sometimes during playing games i would get a vertically black and white striped screen and the computer would restart (it happened when playing high requirement games mostly) . That has not happened in a long time but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. apex legends crashing 0xC0000022

2. pc crashes to windows randomly playing games