Windows 10: PC Crashes to Reboot

Discus and support PC Crashes to Reboot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Lately, every so often my PC has been crashing and then rebooting itself, I am at a loss on where the issue may be and where the best place to start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by prizna, Apr 11, 2016.

1. prizna Win User

PC Crashes to Reboot

Lately, every so often my PC has been crashing and then rebooting itself, I am at a loss on where the issue may be and where the best place to start troubleshooting is, I have also been having a few other problems, FPS drops, Nvidia driver crashes. Im not sure if GPU issues may be causing these crash/reboots.

Any help on where I should start looking to troubleshoot would be very helpful, and if any additional information is needed please let me know and I will post the information.

:)

prizna, Apr 11, 2016
  2. Assisi Win User

Win 10 Home - Cut & Paste or Drag & Drop Crashes File Explorer

Same problem with my PC with SSD drives. Big files crash the PC. PC rebooted to BIOS page.

Assisi, Apr 11, 2016
  3. explorer.exe crashes

Last night my pc rebooted and started installing update. Update completed i needed to log in so i logged in and there was blue screen with information what they added and after that i saw desktop it didnt had walpaper and then explorer crashes so i runned
    that on task manager and after some secounds crash. I rebooted and. I rebooted and it was working for a while but it crashed again.

TheMichalos, Apr 11, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

PC Crashes to Reboot

Hi, have a look at your reliability history
    (Just type 'reliabl' in Cortana's search bar .. should find it)
    Explore the x's and note the information - look for any patterns.

Have you checked your PC is Win 10 compatible?
    Was it running Win 10 ok, and suddenly started crashing?
    Some say PSU problems can result in such symptoms.

Then there's the Event Viewer
    (Just type 'Event ' in Cortana's search bar .. should find it)

Is it hardware or software?
    Do a RAM check.
    Check your disk SMART parameters (e.g. Crystaldiskinfo)
    Remove any extraneous hardware

Try Whocrashed (freeware) to get a simple first view of driver crashes.

dalchina, Apr 13, 2016
  5. prizna Win User
    I will try/test what you have suggested and report back with any news.

prizna, Apr 14, 2016
  6. prizna Win User
    After checking my reliability history, the main error I seem to be getting is:

Source
    Windows

Summary
    Hardware error

Date
    ‎12/‎04/‎2016 3:44 PM

Status
    Report sent

Description
    A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
    Code: 141
    Parameter 1: ffffe000d88a34c0
    Parameter 2: fffff8002fc7014c
    Parameter 3: 0
    Parameter 4: 1f3c
    OS version: 10_0_10586
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 768_1
    OS Version: 10.0.10586.2.0.0.768.101
    Locale ID: 3081

Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID: LKD_0x141_Tdr:6_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys

I also noticed one instance of this error:

Source
    Windows

Summary
    Hardware error

Date
    ‎16/‎04/‎2016 4:06 PM

Status
    Report sent

Description
    A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
    Code: 141
    Parameter 1: ffffe001a6c394c0
    Parameter 2: fffff80052d8014c
    Parameter 3: 0
    Parameter 4: 350

Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be available)
    WD-20160416-1606.dmp
    sysdata.xml
    WERInternalMetadata.xml

Bucket ID:
    BAD_DUMPFILE

prizna, Apr 16, 2016
  7. axe0 New Member
    Your GPU is the problem, try to run DDU to uninstall the drivers and reinstall or update the drivers from Nvidia. Try a few different drivers if reinstalling/updating doesn't help. If no overclocking is present and the PSU is also fine (possible power issues may cause various of problems) then you're looking at either a faulty slot or GPU, you can test this by seating the GPU into different slots.
    Display Driver Uninstaller: How to use - Windows 7 Help Forums

8. prizna Win User

PC Crashes to Reboot

Unfortunately I have already tried using DDU and installing the latest as well as some previous of the Nvidia drivers and the problem still persists.

No overclocking is present, I have actually suspected my PSU, is there a good way to test for a failing PSU?

Thanks,

prizna, Apr 16, 2016
  9. axe0 New Member
  10. prizna Win User
    Thanks for the reply, I will test tomorrow and reply with any new information.

prizna, Apr 16, 2016
  11. prizna Win User
    Unfortunately I was unable to test my PSU as of yet, but I have received some more crashes that seem to be related to my GPU but are different from the previous crashes.

This one being a BSOD (even tho I never got a BSOD, my computer just seemed to freeze) according to Reliability Monitor

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    Code: 133
    Parameter 1: 0
    Parameter 2: 501
    Parameter 3: 500
    Parameter 4: 0

Bucket ID: 0x133_DPC_nvlddmkm!GPU_GET_DISP_IFF_INT

prizna, Apr 18, 2016
  12. axe0 New Member
    Please provide some logs for analysis in case we're missing something we can't see without logs
    *Arrow How to upload files

13. prizna Win User

PC Crashes to Reboot

prizna, Apr 18, 2016
  14. prizna Win User
    One thing I have noticed that I would like to add, as it is a common occurrence with my PC , I always seem to receive 1 or 2 Nvidia driver crashes within the first 30mins of booting my PC, this seems to happen pretty much every morning when I start my PC, after those initial driver crashes, I rarely get another one throughout the day.

prizna, Apr 19, 2016
  15. geordie17 Win User
    I became totally feed up with the computer going BSOD and restating i just have to accept this is what does but only when I am doing something.

geordie17, Apr 19, 2016
Thema:

PC Crashes to Reboot

1. PC Crashes to Reboot - Similar Threads - Crashes Reboot

2. Persistent pc crashing to black screen followed by reboot. Dump log linked.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Persistent pc crashing to black screen followed by reboot. Dump log linked.: PC has been crashing for about two weeks now, the pc black screens, switched hdmi cable not a fix, switched monitor not a fix, cleaned out case not a fix, started up in safe mode and crashed after running for 9 minutes, removed video card, and re-seated it just in case it had...
  3. Persistent pc crashing to black screen followed by reboot. Dump log linked.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persistent pc crashing to black screen followed by reboot. Dump log linked.: PC has been crashing for about two weeks now, the pc black screens, switched hdmi cable not a fix, switched monitor not a fix, cleaned out case not a fix, started up in safe mode and crashed after running for 9 minutes, removed video card, and re-seated it just in case it had...
  4. Persistent pc crashing to black screen followed by reboot. Dump log linked.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PC will randomly crash and reboot to start screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC will randomly crash and reboot to start screen: Please, can anyone help me??I can't seem to find the cause of this issue.I have completely uninstalled my gpu drivers using DDU and using the basic one from the device manager. The PC will still randomly shut down and restart to the desktop!. The PC has no overheating...
  6. PC will randomly crash and reboot to start screen

PC will randomly crash and reboot to start screen: Please, can anyone help me??I can't seem to find the cause of this issue.I have completely uninstalled my gpu drivers using DDU and using the basic one from the device manager. The PC will still randomly shut down and restart to the desktop!. The PC has no overheating...
  7. PC Crashes and Reboots when playing one specific video game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Crashes and Reboots when playing one specific video game: As the title says, whenever I play a certain game, the PC crashes and reboots. It is the only game that does it, as any other video game doesn't do that. It's been happening for about 2 days now.Here are the DMP files from the crashes.040824-5812-01.zip...
  8. PC Crashes and Reboots when playing one specific video game

PC Crashes and Reboots when playing one specific video game: As the title says, whenever I play a certain game, the PC crashes and reboots. It is the only game that does it, as any other video game doesn't do that. It's been happening for about 2 days now.Here are the DMP files from the crashes.040824-5812-01.zip...
  9. My PC has been crashing and rebooting at seemingly random intervals. I'm not sure if...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC has been crashing and rebooting at seemingly random intervals. I'm not sure if...: The key event from the event viewer is as follows The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000001e00, 0xfffff8056551c340, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id:...
  10. My PC has been crashing and rebooting at seemingly random intervals. I'm not sure if...

My PC has been crashing and rebooting at seemingly random intervals. I'm not sure if...: The key event from the event viewer is as follows The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000001e00, 0xfffff8056551c340, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc crashes on reboot following user profile stopped