Windows 10: PC Crashes unexpectedly, how can I fix it?

Discus and support PC Crashes unexpectedly, how can I fix it? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Here's a list of fixes I Tried for my PC that keeps Randomly crashing: - I have had a look at logs yet nothing was written or logged, (it was set on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Vinay R., Jul 8, 2018.

1. Vinay R. Win User

PC Crashes unexpectedly, how can I fix it?

Here's a list of fixes I Tried for my PC that keeps Randomly crashing:

- I have had a look at logs yet nothing was written or logged, (it was set on automatically restart in case of error, I disabled that and all it did was freeze)

- I did a reset without wiping personal files and it still didn't work (After all the NVIDIA driver was wiped),

- Then I did a full wipe of my PC and it crashed while I was on the setup screen.

- I checked power settings, and hardware, all are normal.

- Did an sfc check, and nothing came up wrong.

- Ran some built in diagnostics, such as Windows Troubleshooter, and I did a driver stress test running Driver Verifier in Windows (I got a BSOD that gave a graphics error, but I don't remember which one and I looked online but to no avail got no useful fix)

- Fixed the CPU frequency/speed to what it should've originally been

- I did a CD wipe using the CD that I got with my PC

- Left it on the login screen and nothing happened so I don't think its the graphics driver i think it' most likely Windows doing it on boot, but im not sure.

- I also booted it into safe mode and it was fine, and Booted Kali Linux off of a usb and nothing wrong happened for a couple of days.

I just can't for the life of me figure out what is wrong. I would really appreciate the help. think it's Windows software but I don't know what to do... Please, I really would like some help.

Specs:
    NVIDIA ASUS ROG Strix 1060 6GB, Intel i5 4670k CPU, Raidmax Rx 630SS power supply, MSI z87 g45, PNY Anarchy 16 GB (8*2), WD 1 TB drive

:)

Vinay R., Jul 8, 2018
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z 0.8.7 crash on launch

W1zzard is asking you to test so that he can suggest next steps and be able to troubleshoot the issue you have.
    If another version works, it would be one set of steps.
    If several other versions also fail/crash, then it would be another.

Naki, Jul 8, 2018
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jul 8, 2018
  4. xarzu Win User

My new Vista computer sometimes unexpectedly shuts off. Any suggestions?

My new Vista computer sometimes unexpectedly shuts off. Any suggestions?

xarzu, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

1. PC Crashes unexpectedly, how can I fix it? - Similar Threads - Crashes unexpectedly fix

2. How can i fix Unexpected kernel mode trap

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i fix Unexpected kernel mode trap: Hello my laptop is getting blue screen randomly and the error is unexpected kernel mode trap please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-unexpected-kernel-mode-trap/1e52318f-5c12-4c32-8166-1726483483bf
  3. How can i fix Unexpected kernel mode trap

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i fix Unexpected kernel mode trap: Hello my laptop is getting blue screen randomly and the error is unexpected kernel mode trap please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-unexpected-kernel-mode-trap/1e52318f-5c12-4c32-8166-1726483483bf
  4. How can i fix Unexpected kernel mode trap

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How can I fix game crashes on my new PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix game crashes on my new PC?: I am getting Game crashes and PC Reboots every 10-20 minutes when running a game. Temperatures are normal, hotspot temps are also normal, there is no overheating, i have installed the most recent drivers for my motherboard and graphics card so I am not sure what else i can do...
  6. How can I fix game crashes on my new PC?

How can I fix game crashes on my new PC?: I am getting Game crashes and PC Reboots every 10-20 minutes when running a game. Temperatures are normal, hotspot temps are also normal, there is no overheating, i have installed the most recent drivers for my motherboard and graphics card so I am not sure what else i can do...
  7. How can I fix game crashes on my new PC?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. How can I fix my PC?

How can I fix my PC?: Recently, I tried downgrading my computer from Windows 11 to Windows 10. For some reason, it failed, and with that, it deleted many key programs and features. For example, I can not open the notification sidebar, neither can I open the start menu or search menu, windows+s...
  9. How can I fix my PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix my PC?: Recently, I tried downgrading my computer from Windows 11 to Windows 10. For some reason, it failed, and with that, it deleted many key programs and features. For example, I can not open the notification sidebar, neither can I open the start menu or search menu, windows+s...
  10. How can I fix these bluescreen crashes?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can I fix these bluescreen crashes?: Recently, I've been experiencing a pretty high amount of bluescreen crashes. (I got five or six just yesterday) I've looked around on the internet, and the only thing that I've gotten out of that that I understand is that the crashes are being caused by CMUSBDAC.sys, which...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what to do if laptop crashes unexpectedly

2. computer crashes unexpectedly lost every thing and all pass words how to get it all back