Windows 10: PC Crashes when watching video

Discus and support PC Crashes when watching video in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, PC freezes when watching video, eg YouTube. I need to power off and restart to get it going again. I recently removed a AMD GPU and now have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by carlowen, Feb 9, 2018.

1. carlowen Win User

PC Crashes when watching video

Hello, PC freezes when watching video, eg YouTube. I need to power off and restart to get it going again.

I recently removed a AMD GPU and now have a Nvidia, I have updated the drivers to the latest and removed all AMD drivers but still getting the issue.

Please can someone look at my diagnostic files and advise.

:)

carlowen, Feb 9, 2018

2. computer crashes when watching video

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suspect the issue might be with the incompatible Graphics card drivers. Let us gather some information to analyze the root cause.

With which browser does this happens?

Is this happening with all browsers?

Does it give any error message or code when it crashes?

What is the make and model of your device?

Give us the above information to guide you accordingly.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Feb 9, 2018
  3. ktupper Win User
    computer crashes when watching video

My computer keeps crashing when watching different forms of video(netflix, youtude, DVR), when i cycle through 4 and more tabs quickly, and occasionally with no perceived reason. I have windows 10 but i did not initailly have these problems, it started
    two weeks after download when i was watching a show off my DVR online. partway through my computer crashed and now i have extreme difficultly watching any video. the audio will mess up swiftly followed by the screen going black and the computer restarting.
    This is not a custom computer it is store bought in addition i have updated all the drivers for audio and visual and updated my processor for windows 10. does anyone have any idea what is happening?

ktupper, Feb 9, 2018
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello carlowen,

If you are not using your on-board graphics GPU it is best to disable it. This can be done from within the BIOS settings. See if this makes a difference.

BTW, your system specs do not seem to match with the logfiles.

philc43, Feb 11, 2018
Thema:

1. PC Crashes when watching video - Similar Threads - Crashes watching video

2. Computer crashes and restarts when watching videos

in Windows 10 News
    Computer crashes and restarts when watching videos: [IMG]If your Windows 11/10 computer crashes or restarts when watching videos, the solutions provided in this article will help you. According to the reports, the computer crashes or restarts every time users watch a video. The issue happens on playing a video on a media...
  3. pc keeps crashing when watching youtube videos or twitch 0x8000400000000002

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc keeps crashing when watching youtube videos or twitch 0x8000400000000002: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date: 12/12/2023 16:50:17 Event ID: 41 Task Category: 63 Level: Critical Keywords: 70368744177664,2 User: SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-DMRI7KR Description: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This...
  4. pc keeps crashing when watching youtube videos or twitch 0x8000400000000002

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc keeps crashing when watching youtube videos or twitch 0x8000400000000002: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date: 12/12/2023 16:50:17 Event ID: 41 Task Category: 63 Level: Critical Keywords: 70368744177664,2 User: SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-DMRI7KR Description: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This...
  5. no sound when watching a video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no sound when watching a video: lost my sound on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-when-watching-a-video/8c025b58-5204-4fc9-a312-016cfd978439
  6. no sound when watching a video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no sound when watching a video: lost my sound on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-when-watching-a-video/8c025b58-5204-4fc9-a312-016cfd978439
  7. Edge crashes when watching you tube videos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge crashes when watching you tube videos: Only today I noticed when trying to watch a you tube video MS edge just simply goes blank and doesn't respond. Why is this? worked fine yesterday. could windows have sneaked an unnecessary update in whilst my back was turned?? Anyone have any advice? Thanks...
  8. Computer crash when watching video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer crash when watching video: Hello, Every time i start viewing a video, it crashes. Displaying: Stopcode: SYSTEM SERVER EXCEPTION What failed: ddkmd.sys Ive tried everything that i can think of to get it to work. Hopefully someone can help me, otherwise i will have to reset the computer....
  9. BSOD when watching videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when watching videos: hi when i want to watch video in Instagram such as browser or desktop app which downloaded from store causes BSOD and errors like kmode_exception_not_handled or irql_not_less_or_equal problem doesn't finish here it happens in groove music and movies and TV after a blue...
  10. PC freezes and crashes during watching videos / gaming.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC freezes and crashes during watching videos / gaming.: Here is a screenshot of the problem: Attachment 105303 Besides that, I've noticed freezing at certain points while watching videos on youtube or playing. But while playing that happened only 2 times and for a little while, but the 2nd time the pc went into windows login...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc crashed when watching youtube