Windows 10: PC Crashes when watching video

Discus and support PC Crashes when watching video in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, PC freezes when watching video, eg YouTube. I need to power off and restart to get it going again. I recently removed a AMD GPU and now have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by carlowen, Feb 9, 2018.

1. carlowen Win User

PC Crashes when watching video

Hello, PC freezes when watching video, eg YouTube. I need to power off and restart to get it going again.

I recently removed a AMD GPU and now have a Nvidia, I have updated the drivers to the latest and removed all AMD drivers but still getting the issue.

Please can someone look at my diagnostic files and advise.

:)

carlowen, Feb 9, 2018

2. computer crashes when watching video

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suspect the issue might be with the incompatible Graphics card drivers. Let us gather some information to analyze the root cause.

With which browser does this happens?

Is this happening with all browsers?

Does it give any error message or code when it crashes?

What is the make and model of your device?

Give us the above information to guide you accordingly.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Feb 9, 2018
  3. ktupper Win User
    computer crashes when watching video

My computer keeps crashing when watching different forms of video(netflix, youtude, DVR), when i cycle through 4 and more tabs quickly, and occasionally with no perceived reason. I have windows 10 but i did not initailly have these problems, it started
    two weeks after download when i was watching a show off my DVR online. partway through my computer crashed and now i have extreme difficultly watching any video. the audio will mess up swiftly followed by the screen going black and the computer restarting.
    This is not a custom computer it is store bought in addition i have updated all the drivers for audio and visual and updated my processor for windows 10. does anyone have any idea what is happening?

ktupper, Feb 9, 2018
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello carlowen,

If you are not using your on-board graphics GPU it is best to disable it. This can be done from within the BIOS settings. See if this makes a difference.

BTW, your system specs do not seem to match with the logfiles.

philc43, Feb 11, 2018
Thema:

1. PC Crashes when watching video - Similar Threads - Crashes watching video

2. Computer crashes when watching a video or when using edge browser.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer crashes when watching a video or when using edge browser.: Every time I watch a video from YouTube (or any other site) or when a website is playing ads with videos, my computer freezes and nothing works until I do a hard reset of the pc. I have a Dell Precision 690. Haven't noticed any other issues and the reliability history tells...
  3. Computer crash when watching video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer crash when watching video: Hello, Every time i start viewing a video, it crashes. Displaying: Stopcode: SYSTEM SERVER EXCEPTION What failed: ddkmd.sys Ive tried everything that i can think of to get it to work. Hopefully someone can help me, otherwise i will have to reset the computer....
  4. BSOD when watching videos

BSOD when watching videos: hi when i want to watch video in Instagram such as browser or desktop app which downloaded from store causes BSOD and errors like kmode_exception_not_handled or irql_not_less_or_equal problem doesn't finish here it happens in groove music and movies and TV after a blue...
  5. Keyboard Freezes When Watching Videos

Keyboard Freezes When Watching Videos: I started to use a mechanical keyboard but I encountered a problem, whenever I play a video regardless of browser the keyboard freezes, so any key that is held down will be held and no other key is registered. When there no input before the start of the video, no key presses...
  6. PC shut down when watching video or playing Football Manager

PC shut down when watching video or playing Football Manager: Ok, i'm not that bad in PC world so i allredy checked some usual causes of this error. Checked all temperatures, they are fine, nothing is overheating. (Speed Fun) Here are my PC spec: Processor: Intel i5 - 3470 @ 3.20GHZ GPU: AMD 7850 1GB Ram: 8GB DDR3 800MHz...
  7. BSOD when gaming and watching videos

BSOD when gaming and watching videos: I get a blue screen many times per day with the text SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (NETIO.SYS) and a sad smiley. It happens when I watch Netflix and Youtube and also when I play games on Steam. *cry The Log collector is attached. - Lars 55223
  8. Sound Glitch when watching videos

Sound Glitch when watching videos: Whenever I watch a video on youtube or other videos on the internet there is a weird slight glitching sound that occurs very briefly and sporadically. I don't think its the laptop because I have watched DVDs on it and the sound and picture have been perfect and I have...
  9. PC freezes and crashes during watching videos / gaming.

PC freezes and crashes during watching videos / gaming.: Here is a screenshot of the problem: Attachment 105303 Besides that, I've noticed freezing at certain points while watching videos on youtube or playing. But while playing that happened only 2 times and for a little while, but the 2nd time the pc went into windows login...
  10. Windows crashes randomly when watching YouTube videos at full screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows crashes randomly when watching YouTube videos at full screen: I don't know why, but ever since this afternoon, Windows decides to crash complete whenever I'm a few minutes or so in watching a YouTube video. It doesn't do it playing intensive games like Grand Theft Auto 5 yet it decides to do it watching a YouTube video. How Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc crashed when watching youtube