Windows 10: PC created a mysterious outlook.com account and password on 1803 OS

Discus and support PC created a mysterious outlook.com account and password on 1803 OS in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My old HP laptop had Windows 1709 on it and it auto updated to OS 1803. I haven't used it lately and when booting it up I noticed an outlook account... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by lray, Aug 6, 2018.

1. lray Win User

PC created a mysterious outlook.com account and password on 1803 OS

My old HP laptop had Windows 1709 on it and it auto updated to OS 1803.
    I haven't used it lately and when booting it up I noticed an outlook account with a password requried
    to open the pc. I didn't create this account nor a password, however I did have a username on the pc before it updated to Win 1803. I can not get into the pc now as I don't know or create a password. The account was mysteriously created when updating to 1803. I tried resetting the password, but MS states that I must use a gmail account which I also do not own or know of. I didn't create a gmail account starting with "en". So they keep telling me I don't have enough info to reset the mysterious password.

It sounds crazy and it is. I have a pc with an unknown password and outlook account that I did not create.
    I am locked out of my pc. I can not get into safe mode without the unknow outlook password.

Is there anyway I can delete this false account to get into my pc other than taking it to a pc shop?

Thanks for any help,

:)

lray, Aug 6, 2018
  2. alvez Win User

outlook account config

SO today my friend asked me if i could post this question on the forum:

He wants to configure a outlook account with 1 email, with that outlook account he wants to run the same account in 2 diferent computers he wants the both computer to be connected in network, for example:

• he receives a email and that email is sent to each computer;
    • he deletes a email from one computer and it also deletes on the other;
    • he moves a email to a folder it also moves on the other computer;
    If you guys can help me would be nice!
    PC created a mysterious outlook.com account and password on 1803 OS [​IMG]
    thanks!

alvez, Aug 6, 2018
  3. email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Aug 6, 2018
  4. PC created a mysterious outlook.com account and password on 1803 OS

Cannot recover Windows 8 OS, error that I have not created an account

Hi,

As per the added information, I suggest that you run the command below to deactivate the administrator account and check if you will be able to roll back to the old OS that was installed prior to Windows 10.

Steps to: Disable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
      • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open Command Prompt.
      • Type the following command and hit Enter:
      • net user administrator /active: no

To roll back to the previous OS, you can follow the steps mentioned in the previous post and after selecting
    Reset This PC select Factory Settings. This will revert your PC back to the original OS that was installed when the PC was purchased.

Note: Create the Media Creation Tool to perform the above action.

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Aug 6, 2018
Thema:

PC created a mysterious outlook.com account and password on 1803 OS

1. PC created a mysterious outlook.com account and password on 1803 OS - Similar Threads - created mysterious outlook

2. create a new outlook account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    create a new outlook account: how to delete a outlook email account on my personal account and create a new one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-a-new-outlook-account/5a227dbd-9a6a-489d-8dca-f4d2052b1a65
  3. create a new outlook account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    create a new outlook account: how to delete a outlook email account on my personal account and create a new one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-a-new-outlook-account/5a227dbd-9a6a-489d-8dca-f4d2052b1a65
  4. create a new outlook account

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Change Password for Outlook account and Sign In

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Password for Outlook account and Sign In: Just updated to Windows Version 1909. Now I want to change password for sign in but only allowed to use password for Outlook account. I want two different passwords. Is there a way to fix this?...
  6. PC created a mysterious outlook.com account and password on 1803 OS

in Windows 10 Support
    PC created a mysterious outlook.com account and password on 1803 OS: My old HP laptop had Windows 1709 on it and it auto updated to OS 1803. I haven't used it lately and when booting it up I noticed an outlook account with a password requried to open the pc. I didn't create this account nor a password, however I did have a username on the pc...
  7. MS Update 1803 Bluetooth, No COM ports in device manageris created.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MS Update 1803 Bluetooth, No COM ports in device manageris created.: After upgrading to 1803 no COM ports are created (Device Manager -> Ports -> Standard Serial over Bluetooth Link) when pairing with our BT device. This seems to relate mainly to only BT devices that uses the build in Microsoft driver and almost all our customers use dongles...
  8. Mystery Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Mystery Account: Been using Windows 10 since Aug and really like it. My problem is when turning on my laptop when it gets tothe logon screen, there is a mystery account has showed up that has my account name on it that it defaults to and password doesn't work *Sad but I can't logon with it. I...
  9. Mystery COM Surrogate crashes

in Windows 10 Support
    Mystery COM Surrogate crashes: Does anyone at all have any good suggestions on troubleshooting these? I seem to be getting these at random times, with no rhyme or reason. The faulting module is quite often, but not always mso20win32client.dll, but I've seen mso30win32client.dll once, or none indicated...
  10. mystery password

in Windows 10 Support
    mystery password: I've just switched on the pc with W10 on it and a black screen appeared with "enter current password " in white lettering. Confused, I tapped in my W10 logon password and went straight into the BIOS. Funny thing is the BIOS password is nothing like the Windows one. 5621