Windows 10: PC Disconnects from Network while Sleeping

Discus and support PC Disconnects from Network while Sleeping in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to figure out a solution for every computer at my company. I recently assembled 6 computers and we have installed them to use. All the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KennethG, Jul 6, 2016.

1. KennethG Win User

PC Disconnects from Network while Sleeping

I am trying to figure out a solution for every computer at my company. I recently assembled 6 computers and we have installed them to use. All the computers share files through our server including the licensing of a design software every computer uses. The problem is one of the guys will open the software on their computer to make adjustments to a design and then go run the changes on a machine. The computer falls asleep while they do this obviously as it can be anywhere from a couple minutes to hours. When they come back they receive error message saying something along the lines of something happened with windows and the program must be closed. Also as the day progresses they cannot even open the program the first time, but restarting their computer will allow them to access the software without any issues. Every search has come up with turning off NIC power management, but that is not an option on these computers. I have looked through the BIOS and have not found an option there either. They all have static IP addresses if that matters.

:)

KennethG, Jul 6, 2016
  2. TJDSWED Win User

my pc doesn't go to sleep because of my network

recently i disconnected my network from the internet company and reconnected it later on.

however after i did that the network on pc keeps giving me dns errors so i disconnect and reconnect from the internet access tape

but the problem is that my doesn't go to sleep ever since the network problem appeared every time i put the pc tp sleep it instantly wakes up and the only devices that can wake up my are keyboard, mouse, intel(R) 82578DM Gigabit network connection' according
    to the command prompt

TJDSWED, Jul 6, 2016
  3. pmt1209 Win User
    Searches for wifi every-time I Slide up on the locked screen??

To be a little more accurate WP7 devices disconnect from WiFi when they

sleep and are running on battery power. If they are connected to a power

source, either a USB port or A/C WiFi does not disconnect.

Paul Adare

MVP - Identity Lifecycle Manager

http://www.identit.ca

I must have slipped a disk; my pack hurts.

Interesting... so it also disconnects from AT&T's network in sleep mode if I have that set to on??

Also while we're on the subject, is the phone automatically going to AT&T's Network if both are on or does it go to the fastest connection??

pmt1209, Jul 6, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

What about turning off sleep? You can do that by setting the sleep interval to "Never" in the Power Management facility. I know of many shop floor/NCM situations where attached PCs are not allowed to sleep because of potential issues with equipment they run. This sounds pretty similar in intent and design. Why not try that approach?
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Jul 6, 2016
  5. KennethG Win User
    So I fully believe that should solve issues. Unfortunately my response to that solution is simply "because my boss doesn't want them to." So I was trying to find a different solution here for the same result before trying to convince him this is the way it will have to be.

KennethG, Jul 6, 2016
  6. pyramid10 Win User
    Sounds like a 3rd party solution ($$) is required for a specialized situation. The NIC manufacturer/support may already have a solution ($) for a similar situation. As a reach, the software vendor might have a solution ($) to prevent hardware time-outs from having such a devastating effect.

pyramid10, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. PC Disconnects from Network while Sleeping - Similar Threads - Disconnects Network while

2. My PC disconnects from the Wi-Fi network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC disconnects from the Wi-Fi network: My PC disconnects from the wifi network on its own, it started that way, now it disconnects and when I try to reconnect to my network, it won't reconnect and when I completely disable wifi and reactivate it, none was detected wifi network. sometimes it works with a restart my...
  3. My PC disconnects from the Wi-Fi network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC disconnects from the Wi-Fi network: My PC disconnects from the wifi network on its own, it started that way, now it disconnects and when I try to reconnect to my network, it won't reconnect and when I completely disable wifi and reactivate it, none was detected wifi network. sometimes it works with a restart my...
  4. My PC disconnects from the Wi-Fi network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Change network authentication method while disconnected.

Change network authentication method while disconnected.: Recently, after mistakenly changing settings over work wifi, I'm no longer able to use the network or sign in anymore.After accidentally changing the network authentication method in network adapter settings, wifi now asks for a sign-in I'm normally just able to connect...
  6. Disconnects from Internet in sleep mode

Disconnects from Internet in sleep mode: I am running Win 10 Home Version 2004. Recently I have started to have a problem - when the computer goes into sleep mode it disconnects from the Internet. When I go to "Settings" the icons tell me that I am connected to the Internet via Spectrum and that my WiFi network is...
  7. no network connection in power and sleep to change from connected standby to disconnected...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    no network connection in power and sleep to change from connected standby to disconnected...: My laptop has shipped with modern stanby and this is a connected standby. There is no any option of network connection in power and sleep so i can change from connected standby to disconnected standby. Network connected standby drains too much power I always turn on airplane...
  8. PC Keeps Disconnecting From Network

PC Keeps Disconnecting From Network: Hello everyone, I keep having issues with my PC's network connectivity. Last week our household installed a new router and ever since I am having connectivity issues. My PC constantly disconnects from the network. I have told my PC to forget the network and then logged back...
  9. PC Keeps Disconnecting From Network

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Keeps Disconnecting From Network: Hello everyone, I keep having issues with my PC's network connectivity. Last week our household installed a new router and ever since I am having connectivity issues. My PC constantly disconnects from the network. I have told my PC to forget the network and then logged back...
  10. Frequent disconnects from network

Frequent disconnects from network: Hi, I have an extremely perplexing problem which I hope someone can help with. I have 2 self built PC's with the same OS and Mobo but different CPU's. One of the systems is stable and has no problems, the other has frequent but random disconnects from the net. The one which...