Windows 10: PC does not recognise home wifi network

Discus and support PC does not recognise home wifi network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For some reason my PC won't detect any wifi signals except the wifi extender i purchased which is literally next to the computer itself. My phone does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by willtabooth, Dec 17, 2016.

1. PC does not recognise home wifi network

For some reason my PC won't detect any wifi signals except the wifi extender i purchased which is literally next to the computer itself. My phone does not have this issue any detects 8 or 9 while my PC only detects the one. I have updated all the drivers, reset the PC on multiple occasions and the problem persists. I have also recently purchased a netgear nighthawk r7000 which great wifi range and it wont even connect to that.

Anybody know of a resolution to this issue?

Thanks

:)

willtabooth, Dec 17, 2016

2. "Can't connect to this network" message

My Nokia 930 Windowsphone frequently fails to recognise wifi networks that it already knows.

This happens periodically but (for instance) today it won't connect automatically to my office wifi network although it is a "known network". Last night I came home and it did not automatically pick up my home network. This happens pretty much daily.

This connectivity issue is always resolved by turning the phone off and on again but it is quite frustrating to have to do this so frequently. Does anyone share this problem and if so have any suggestions or solutions for it?

Thanks in advance.

Giles

gilesfrost, Dec 17, 2016
  3. Printer offline

Recently I started getting problems with printing on our home network. My desktop doesn't recognise the Wifi HP printer installed - keeps saying its Offline.

So I have to disconnect the printer from the network and then re-connect and everything is fine. Until the next time i start up my PC and we have to go through the same rigmarole.

I also have a 2in1 laptop - also windows 10 - but that has no problems recognising the printer.

Any ideas?

mikeslovakia, Dec 17, 2016
  4. Samuria Win User

PC does not recognise home wifi network

Samuria, Dec 17, 2016
  5. The file was considered harmful by my antivirus and was immediately removed. also crewetown.co.uk is literally a homepage for crewe town?
    just want to be sure im not installing anything harmful

willtabooth, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

PC does not recognise home wifi network

1. PC does not recognise home wifi network - Similar Threads - does recognise home

2. Network connect PC & Mac over wifi home network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network connect PC & Mac over wifi home network: Unable to connect my PC and Mac.I can see the PC from the Mac Finder, yet when connecting I'm asked for a username and password, which doesn't seem to be my login details. From what I've read it seems I need a network name and password? Yet this isn't the modem details is...
  3. Network connect PC & Mac over wifi home network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network connect PC & Mac over wifi home network: Unable to connect my PC and Mac.I can see the PC from the Mac Finder, yet when connecting I'm asked for a username and password, which doesn't seem to be my login details. From what I've read it seems I need a network name and password? Yet this isn't the modem details is...
  4. Network connect PC & Mac over wifi home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Home wifi ssid does not appear in discovered networks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Home wifi ssid does not appear in discovered networks: Recently win10 cannot find my home network SSID although it shows 3 neighbouring networks. I have done all the trouble shooting I could find and even updated the driver from the manufacturer website ,but nothing worked. My desktop is the only device that cannot see the SSID....
  6. Home wifi ssid does not appear in discovered networks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Home wifi ssid does not appear in discovered networks: Recently win10 cannot find my home network SSID although it shows 3 neighbouring networks. I have done all the trouble shooting I could find and even updated the driver from the manufacturer website ,but nothing worked. My desktop is the only device that cannot see the SSID....
  7. Home wifi ssid does not appear in discovered networks

8. Can’t connect to network || open WiFi works but protected home network does not

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t connect to network || open WiFi works but protected home network does not: Hello r/Windows10! Here's my issue. On my desktop I have an Archer T6E Wi-Fi card. If I try to connect to my home network that is password protected, I get the error message of "Can't connect to this network". For shits, I tried to connect to the open xfinity wi-fi hotspot,...
  9. Remote PC home WiFi network does not appear under "Network", but I *can* access it via...

Remote PC home WiFi network does not appear under "Network", but I *can* access it via...: I'm trying to access my primary Win10 PC from my Win10 Notebook over my home WiFi network, but when I open the "Network" window, it's not listed. However, I discovered I can still access it via a shortcut on my desktop with the target set to the name of the remote PC. Why...
  10. PC unable to connect my home WIFI network

PC unable to connect my home WIFI network: In my PC is installed Windows 10 home edition. After starting my PC today it didn't connect automatically to my home WiFi network, as it usually do every day. I did the following without any result: 1. I restart my PC many times. 2. I manually logged on with my network...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc does not recognise known networks