Windows 10: PC Doesn't allow me administrator permissions after fresh install

Discus and support PC Doesn't allow me administrator permissions after fresh install in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am unable to change power management settings on my PC which I am an administrator on. I reinstalled windows 3 hours prior and I'm pretty sure it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Nadeem90, Feb 29, 2024.

1. Nadeem90 Win User

PC Doesn't allow me administrator permissions after fresh install

I am unable to change power management settings on my PC which I am an administrator on. I reinstalled windows 3 hours prior and I'm pretty sure it happened because of me disabling certain edge shortcuts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftedge/forum/all/disable-keyboard-shortcuts-in-edge/9dbd6c82-78a0-4de9-aa73-d481d9de375b#:~:text=Most%20of%20Edge%27s%20keyboard%20shortcuts%20can%20be%20disabled%2C,registry%20addition%20to%20disable%20Ctrl-Shift-L%20%28%22paste%20and%20go%22%29%3A Anyone know how to help? Cmd prompt also denied me a command that would have supposedly fixed this is

:)

Nadeem90, Feb 29, 2024
  2. Marby Rey Win User

no administrator permission

Hi Ryan,

Let us assist you to have an Administrator permission. To start, follow the steps below to enable the Windows Super Administrator Account.

• Type CMD on the search box.
    • CMD will appear at top.
    • Right click on it, then choose Run as administrator.
    • Type this command & hit Enter: Net user administrator /active:yes.
    • After you enable the Super Administrator account, log out on your existing account then log into Super Administrator account.
    • On the Super Administrator account, you can now create an Administrator account or give Administrator permission on the existing account.

After you created an Administrator account, we suggest that you disable the Super Administrator account by following the same steps and using this command:
    Net user administrator /active:no.

Let us know how it goes.

Marby Rey, Feb 29, 2024
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    How to always allow administrator permissions for a specific application

Hi Lyon,

Windows 10 gives users the ability to customize how they run applications. We suggest that you follow the steps below on how to grant administrator permission to a specific application:

• Click the Windows icon on your Windows 10 screen that will open the list of applications. Right click on the specific application that you wish to have an admin permission, click the
      More and click Open file location.
    • A new window will open to the location of the program. Right-click on the program and click
      Properties from the pop-up menu.
    • In the Properties window, click the Shortcut tab and then click
      Advanced.
    • In the Advanced Properties window, check the box next to
      Run as administrator
      and click OK.
    • The program will now open in administrator mode when you click the shortcut from the Start menu. Repeat the steps above for other desired applications.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Xylee Del, Feb 29, 2024
  4. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

PC Doesn't allow me administrator permissions after fresh install 233722d1557862791t-windows-doesn-t-start-authomatic-repair-doesn-t-work-hdd-test-1-.png

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Feb 29, 2024
Thema:

1. PC Doesn't allow me administrator permissions after fresh install - Similar Threads - Doesn't allow administrator

2. It doesn't allow me to activate Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It doesn't allow me to activate Windows: It doesn't allow me to activate Windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-doesnt-allow-me-to-activate-windows/aa06aa1d-500c-4a46-be49-d942ea8c66c1
  3. It doesn't allow me to activate Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    It doesn't allow me to activate Windows: It doesn't allow me to activate Windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-doesnt-allow-me-to-activate-windows/aa06aa1d-500c-4a46-be49-d942ea8c66c1
  4. Folder and files doesn't allow me to set permission.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder and files doesn't allow me to set permission.: I'm Needing help with Checking accessing this File‪C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans But its not allowing me permission as The OwnerIm In Windows 11 Home i've got installed Gpedit.msc installed i still don't see the option to make a new policy if that's what i...
  5. Folder and files doesn't allow me to set permission.

Folder and files doesn't allow me to set permission.: I'm Needing help with Checking accessing this File‪C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans But its not allowing me permission as The OwnerIm In Windows 11 Home i've got installed Gpedit.msc installed i still don't see the option to make a new policy if that's what i...
  6. PC Doesn't allow me administrator permissions after fresh install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Doesn't allow me administrator permissions after fresh install: I am unable to change power management settings on my PC which I am an administrator on. I reinstalled windows 3 hours prior and I'm pretty sure it happened because of me disabling certain edge shortcuts...
  7. After Install Program Run Without Administrator Permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Install Program Run Without Administrator Permission: sir,My Windows 10 home Version 22H2 OS Build 19045.3996 After Install Program Run Without Administrator Permission Please Help Me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-install-program-run-without-administrator/ed2ef817-6b0b-49c0-bbc4-1fb4e552da90
  8. Folder and files doesn't allow me to set permission.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder and files doesn't allow me to set permission.: A program that has been installed on my Windows 11 has do something that never allow me to delete the folder or to change permissions.If I go on advanced security settings and press the change owner nothing happen but the change owner link is disabled.Is all disabled and I...
  9. Folder and files doesn't allow me to set permission.

Folder and files doesn't allow me to set permission.: A program that has been installed on my Windows 11 has do something that never allow me to delete the folder or to change permissions.If I go on advanced security settings and press the change owner nothing happen but the change owner link is disabled.Is all disabled and I...
  10. Need administrator permission but doesn't ask for password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need administrator permission but doesn't ask for password: I'm trying to delete my OneDrive folder on my current PC and it says I need the permission of the admin. Thing is, I'm currently signed in as the admin. It's the only account on my PC. I would assume that it would just ask for my password, but no password prompt ever shows...