Windows 10: PC doesn't turn off after windows shutdown

Discus and support PC doesn't turn off after windows shutdown in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just finished building a PC, installed windows 10 and updated all drivers and BIOS from Asus website. When I turn off the PC, windows shuts down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by luneki, Oct 17, 2016.

1. luneki Win User

PC doesn't turn off after windows shutdown

I just finished building a PC, installed windows 10 and updated all drivers and BIOS from Asus website.
    When I turn off the PC, windows shuts down fine, but the computer stays on with a black screen and all the fans, lights, HDD, etc still on. I have to turn it off with the button.

Here's all I've tried so far:

Tried a clean boot, nothing.
    Unchecked all the devices that had "allow this device to wake up computer" and nothing.
    Hibernate is disabled, so fast startup is also off.
    No relevant setting in BIOS that I can see.
    Cleared CMOS.

What could be happening?

Build:

I5 6500
    Kingston 16GB RAM 2400
    Asus Sabertooth Z170 S
    Kingston 240 GB SSD
    WD 1TB HDD
    Corsair CX450M PSU
    Sound Blaster Z
    Asus Ac-56 WIFI Card

:)

luneki, Oct 17, 2016
  2. capaez Win User

My PC's screen doesn't turn off after upgrade to windows 10

Hi,

I have a PC HP Pavilion 23 (H6X24AA#ABM) that I installed Windows 10. After the upgrade, the screen doesn't turn off. I set Power options to turn off the screen after 5 mins, but it doesn't work. So I'm force to shutdown the PC, in order not to have the screen
    on all day.

Regards

capaez, Oct 17, 2016
  3. Windows 10 doesn't completly shutdown

When I select shutdown windows 10 doesn't completely shutdown, the shutdown process starts and the screen goes blank but the he power button doesn't turn off.

CarlosVizcaino, Oct 17, 2016
  4. worf105 Win User

Looks to be the same as this: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answer...-shutdown.html

worf105, Oct 17, 2016
Thema:

1. PC doesn't turn off after windows shutdown - Similar Threads - doesn't turn off

2. Windows 10 pc turns off after startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 pc turns off after startup: Hi, I recently restored my Windows10 so I could erase everything and in doing so afterwards it made an "other" account. I then figured out how to make an admin account from watching a tutorial on YouTube( basically holding SHIFT+ restart),with the new admin account I...
  3. Night Light doesn't turn off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Night Light doesn't turn off: The Night light setting on my Acer Aspire 1 laptop won't turn off unless I restart the laptop. I turn it off (although it has no effect) in the settings but it automatically turns back on when I close settings. I get constant questions why my screen is like this at school and...
  4. Enabling shutdown sound/turning off fast shutdown?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enabling shutdown sound/turning off fast shutdown?: I've browsed through a few threads on here, and because of that, I was able to figure out how to disable fast startup (which allows me to listen to the startup sound), but also replace it as well since I believe by default, there is no startup sound in Windows 10. However,...
  5. Laptop doesn't turn itself off after shutting down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop doesn't turn itself off after shutting down: I recently upgraded to windows 10 and when I try to shut down the OS safely shuts down but the laptop stays on meaning I have to turn it off manually (hold the power button). I have tried turning off hybrid shutdown but this hasn't helped. How do I fix this? 10443
  6. Power fails to turn off after shutdown or hibernate.

in Windows 10 Support
    Power fails to turn off after shutdown or hibernate.: My computer very often fails to turn itself off when I shut it down or hibernate it. It started after I installed Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS. First, I shrank and moved the Windows partitions. After setting up the operations in AOMEI 6.5, I clicked "Apply" and "Restart," and after the...
  7. I want shutdown but NOT turn off...

in Windows 10 Support
    I want shutdown but NOT turn off...: Hello all. Wondered if anyone can help. Back in the day when you shutdown Windows it would shut down and wait patiently for you to turn the power off. Nowadays, you shutdown and the machine will turn itself off. ACPI and all that Which is great. But I have a...
  8. PC turns itself on after shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    PC turns itself on after shutdown: Around the time when I first setup automatic shutdown in Windows Scheduler (or what it's called in English), my PC has started turning itself back on again after shutdown in the evening. I've tried disabling the scheduled shutdown but it made no difference, and I'm not sure...
  9. PC not turning off

in Windows 10 Support
    PC not turning off: i upgraded my Win 10 PC, new MB, CPU, RAM & HDD a while ago but not really used it too much The problem i have is that the PC doesn't shut down and clicking on start > shut down, it just reboots. When i press the on button on the case for 5+ seconds to turn the PC off it...
  10. After windows 10 installation computer doesn't turn off or restart

in Windows 10 Support
    After windows 10 installation computer doesn't turn off or restart: Hi, everyone. Alexis is here. CPU Inter Core i3 2310M @ 2.10GHz Motherboard Lenovo emerald Lake Graphics: Generic PnP Monitor Intel HD Graphics 3000 (lenovo) 1023 MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M (lenovo) BIOS (brand lenovo) Version 44CN28WW Date 2/22/2011 I've...