Windows 10: PC doesn't turn off after windows shutdown

Discus and support PC doesn't turn off after windows shutdown in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just finished building a PC, installed windows 10 and updated all drivers and BIOS from Asus website. When I turn off the PC, windows shuts down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by luneki, Oct 17, 2016.

1. luneki Win User

PC doesn't turn off after windows shutdown

I just finished building a PC, installed windows 10 and updated all drivers and BIOS from Asus website.
    When I turn off the PC, windows shuts down fine, but the computer stays on with a black screen and all the fans, lights, HDD, etc still on. I have to turn it off with the button.

Here's all I've tried so far:

Tried a clean boot, nothing.
    Unchecked all the devices that had "allow this device to wake up computer" and nothing.
    Hibernate is disabled, so fast startup is also off.
    No relevant setting in BIOS that I can see.
    Cleared CMOS.

What could be happening?

Build:

I5 6500
    Kingston 16GB RAM 2400
    Asus Sabertooth Z170 S
    Kingston 240 GB SSD
    WD 1TB HDD
    Corsair CX450M PSU
    Sound Blaster Z
    Asus Ac-56 WIFI Card

:)

luneki, Oct 17, 2016
  2. capaez Win User

My PC's screen doesn't turn off after upgrade to windows 10

Hi,

I have a PC HP Pavilion 23 (H6X24AA#ABM) that I installed Windows 10. After the upgrade, the screen doesn't turn off. I set Power options to turn off the screen after 5 mins, but it doesn't work. So I'm force to shutdown the PC, in order not to have the screen
    on all day.

Regards

capaez, Oct 17, 2016
  3. Windows 10 doesn't completly shutdown

When I select shutdown windows 10 doesn't completely shutdown, the shutdown process starts and the screen goes blank but the he power button doesn't turn off.

CarlosVizcaino, Oct 17, 2016
  4. worf105 Win User

Looks to be the same as this: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answer...-shutdown.html

worf105, Oct 17, 2016
Thema:

1. PC doesn't turn off after windows shutdown - Similar Threads - doesn't turn off

2. core did not turn off after shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    core did not turn off after shutdown: Hi everyone, I just notice that my core did not turn off after shutdown because I checked my core's uptime. A restart does make the core turn off though. Is this a feature or a bug and does it affect my laptop performance?...
  3. core did not turn off after shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    core did not turn off after shutdown: Hi everyone, I just notice that my core did not turn off after shutdown because I checked my core's uptime. A restart does make the core turn off though. Is this a feature or a bug and does it affect my laptop performance?...
  4. How to turn off my pc fan lights after shutdown?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off my pc fan lights after shutdown?: Before I bought my new gpu everything was ok but now with new gpu when I shutdown my pc , my cpu light some of them are still on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-my-pc-fan-lights-after-shutdown/e80d934b-ea2e-4960-b046-1df9fb13e454
  5. How to turn off my pc fan lights after shutdown?

How to turn off my pc fan lights after shutdown?: Before I bought my new gpu everything was ok but now with new gpu when I shutdown my pc , my cpu light some of them are still on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-my-pc-fan-lights-after-shutdown/e80d934b-ea2e-4960-b046-1df9fb13e454
  6. Printer turns off after pc is turned on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer turns off after pc is turned on: Hi, I have Windows 10 Pro installed and my printer is an Epson Stylus cx5600. The printer works fine and I can print without any problem. When i turn the computer off, the printer stays turned on which is fine.But when I turn the pc on again, the printer turns OFF. How can I...
  7. Printer turns off after pc is turned on

Printer turns off after pc is turned on: Hi, I have Windows 10 Pro installed and my printer is an Epson Stylus cx5600. The printer works fine and I can print without any problem. When i turn the computer off, the printer stays turned on which is fine.But when I turn the pc on again, the printer turns OFF. How can I...
  8. Printer turns off after pc is turned on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Power fails to turn off after shutdown or hibernate.

in Windows 10 Support
    Power fails to turn off after shutdown or hibernate.: My computer very often fails to turn itself off when I shut it down or hibernate it. It started after I installed Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS. First, I shrank and moved the Windows partitions. After setting up the operations in AOMEI 6.5, I clicked "Apply" and "Restart," and after the...
  10. PC turns itself on after shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    PC turns itself on after shutdown: Around the time when I first setup automatic shutdown in Windows Scheduler (or what it's called in English), my PC has started turning itself back on again after shutdown in the evening. I've tried disabling the scheduled shutdown but it made no difference, and I'm not sure...