Windows 10: Pc drops wireless when playing online games

Discus and support Pc drops wireless when playing online games in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I have an issue i cant seem to find out about anywhere on the net. I have a broadcom 802.11n wireless card in my comp google fiber... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by michael4112, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Pc drops wireless when playing online games

Hi everyone, I have an issue i cant seem to find out about anywhere on the net. I have a broadcom 802.11n wireless card in my comp google fiber internet half a room away. and anytime I play online games such as wow, or guildwars 2 I get disconnected from my wireless. i have to reset the wireless adapter to get back on. i am using windows defender, i have win 10 operating system. so far i have reset ip from cmd.exe, changed setting in internet browser area, changed hpv4 address, deleted all of my cookies and saved internet files and i am just at a loss. The weird part about it is its only games i can stream movies just fine. ty for all the help

:)

michael4112, Jun 9, 2016
  2. Raydir Win User

Echo of Soul and Windows 10

Since upgrading to Windows 10, I find that when I try to play Echo of Soul online, the connection drops after 3 minutes of game play. Other games, such as Stronghold Kingdom, on the same Aeria Games platform I can play for hours with no problems. Anyone
    else find this?

Raydir, Jun 9, 2016
  3. Xbox will start a game.

Hi Thomas,

A corrupted game profile data, an interruption with the game and the Xbox Live servers, and an outdated version of the game are possible reasons as to why you're encountering issues with playing the game online. For us to determine the root cause, kindly
    answer the following questions:

• Are you using an Xbox One console, an Xbox 360 console, or a Windows 10 PC?
    • Do you have an Xbox Live Gold Membership?
    • Have you tried playing the game offline to check if the same issue occurs?
    • Are you encountering this issue when playing other games online?
    • Is your device connected to a wired or a wireless network?
    • What are the troubleshooting solutions you've performed aside from reinstalling the app?

Catherine Cus., Jun 9, 2016
  4. Pc drops wireless when playing online games

I also updated all the drivers

michael4112, Jun 9, 2016
  5. Maybe the WiFi chip is overheating when the whole system is very warm. Keep in mind that the operating temperature for typical WiFi adapter is 80 degrees C

theveterans, Jun 10, 2016
  6. that could be i will try to get the comp in a more ventilated area

michael4112, Jun 10, 2016
  7. ok i tried that opened up comp blew out a little bit of dust but no improvement.

michael4112, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Pc drops wireless when playing online games

1. Pc drops wireless when playing online games - Similar Threads - drops wireless playing

2. Wifi fails when playing online games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi fails when playing online games: Hello, i've been having issues lately with either my wifi or the desktop as when operating it normally, the wifi works out fine but when playing an online game, usually it will cause it to lag for a few minutes before disconnecting entirely usually something like " network X...
  3. Wifi fails when playing online games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi fails when playing online games: Hello, i've been having issues lately with either my wifi or the desktop as when operating it normally, the wifi works out fine but when playing an online game, usually it will cause it to lag for a few minutes before disconnecting entirely usually something like " network X...
  4. My pc freeze when i playing game or online website....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc freeze when i playing game or online website....: Hi SirMadam,I have been facing freezing issues on my Dell XPS PC lately. This problem occurs after I play games or browse certain websites for an hour or more. I have tried pressing CTRL, ALT & DEL, but nothing seems to work. The issue has become more frequent and is now...
  5. WIFI drops when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIFI drops when playing games: It didnt happen before but today whenever I play games my connection will drop and I get disconnection on games. No matter what game I played it will runs slowly and disconnect. It didnt happen before and I dont have issue with the network as well as I confirmed it with my...
  6. WIFI drops when playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIFI drops when playing games: It didnt happen before but today whenever I play games my connection will drop and I get disconnection on games. No matter what game I played it will runs slowly and disconnect. It didnt happen before and I dont have issue with the network as well as I confirmed it with my...
  7. WIFI drops when playing games

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. 5ghz disconnecting when playing online games

5ghz disconnecting when playing online games: I recently built a new computer for gaming and also bought an ac wireless adapter usb for wifi, however when connected to 5ghz the wifi will disconnect as soon as i launch into a game and only connect when i return back to the lobby. this doesnt happen with 2.4ghz but i get...
  9. Internet disconnect when playing online games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet disconnect when playing online games: Hi, I know this issue has happened to a lot of users so I look for the solutions to it in Microsoft hub but then none of the suggested worked. Maybe because my situation is different. So, here's the thing: This issue came across my laptop 2 days ago when I wanted to play...
  10. Internet disconnecting when playing online games

Internet disconnecting when playing online games: My internet which is connected to the school is disconnecting when i play online games on my desktop. Browser games work fine but games that need installation like league of legends and fortnite disconnect every few minutes or every 30 minutes, it is random. I can watch...