Windows 10: PC ethernet shuts off when pc enters sleep mode.

Discus and support PC ethernet shuts off when pc enters sleep mode. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently my ethernet connection from desktop to the router shuts off whenever the pc enters sleep mode, or if I power it down. Never used to do this.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jtronXU, Aug 3, 2018.

1. jtronXU Win User

PC ethernet shuts off when pc enters sleep mode.

Recently my ethernet connection from desktop to the router shuts off whenever the pc enters sleep mode, or if I power it down. Never used to do this. Tried changing the power mgt settings for the Reattec controller device manager but no luck. Work-around is to never enter sleep mode. I lose all router function when the computer is off or in sleep mode. Never entering sleep mode is a marginal work-around but I must do so to enable my voip ATA and other wireless and wired network devices.

:)

jtronXU, Aug 3, 2018
  2. VashWsa Win User

Windows 10 PC shuts down when entering sleep mode

When I manually enter sleep mode or after an hour of no activity my PC attempts to enter sleep mode but is unsuccessful. It just shuts completely down. Upon reboot if i look at event viewer i have this

Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0000001.

Any ideas?

VashWsa, Aug 3, 2018
  3. PC gets "stuck" in sleep mode

Hello,

There are many ways to shut down your PC, you can turn the PC off completely, you can make it sleep, or you can hibernate the PC.

Sleep Mode uses very little power, your PC starts up faster, and you’re instantly back to where you left off. You don’t have to worry that you'll lose your work because of your battery draining, because Windows automatically saves all
    your work and turns off the PC if the battery is too low.

We would suggest that you follow the troubleshooting on this link to Shut down, sleep, or hibernate your PC. Scroll down and check under
    "To make your PC sleep" troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue.

We'll be looking forward for your update.

Haidae Tam, Aug 3, 2018
  4. blak bob Win User

after a clean install and updates, PC will not enter sleep mode/shut down.

My PC running on windows 10 will not enter sleep mode or shutdown following a recent update. After running a clean install of windows 10 with reformatted drives, the problem is still on going. which steps should be taken to fix this issue.

blak bob, Aug 3, 2018
Thema:

1. PC ethernet shuts off when pc enters sleep mode. - Similar Threads - ethernet shuts off

2. Ethernet disconnected when pc is in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet disconnected when pc is in sleep mode: hello, im on LAN and im trying to use the wol feature in mikrotik, but first when I try to ping my pcturned off from my laptop its not answering, it only answer when my pc is turned onthings I have tried:1. Updating my driver2. Checked allow the computer to turn off this...
  3. Ethernet disconnected when pc is in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet disconnected when pc is in sleep mode: hello, im on LAN and im trying to use the wol feature in mikrotik, but first when I try to ping my pcturned off from my laptop its not answering, it only answer when my pc is turned onthings I have tried:1. Updating my driver2. Checked allow the computer to turn off this...
  4. Pc shuts off when i put it to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pc shuts off when i put it to sleep: This problem recently started where when I click to sleep on my pc, all the lights will stay on and the fans will run for a few minutes before they stop, and then when I turn it back on, it’s restarts, meaning my pc shut down instead of sleeping. I sometimes get a blue screen...
  5. Pc shuts off when I hit to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pc shuts off when I hit to sleep: This problem recently started where when I click to sleep on my pc, all the lights will stay on and the fans will run for a few minutes before they stop, and then when I turn it back on, it’s restarts, meaning my pc shut down instead of sleeping. I sometimes get a blue screen...
  6. Pc shuts off when I hit to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc shuts off when I hit to sleep: This problem recently started where when I click to sleep on my pc, all the lights will stay on and the fans will run for a few minutes before they stop, and then when I turn it back on, it’s restarts, meaning my pc shut down instead of sleeping. I sometimes get a blue screen...
  7. Sleep mode permently shuts off pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep mode permently shuts off pc: I recently got a new pc but I am having this one issue is when I put it to sleep mode and after the display shuts off the pc won’t fully turn on no matter what I do even hitting the power button so I’m forced to unplug and reply my pc is their any solution to this?...
  8. Sleep mode permently shuts off pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep mode permently shuts off pc: I recently got a new pc but I am having this one issue is when I put it to sleep mode and after the display shuts off the pc won’t fully turn on no matter what I do even hitting the power button so I’m forced to unplug and reply my pc is their any solution to this?...
  9. PC not entering sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC not entering sleep mode.: I have the settings set to automatically sleep after 30 minutes, but it isn't going to sleep. Changing this to an earlier time does nothing. Powercfg /requests returns nothing. It is possible that the recent 2004 windows 10 update could be a cause, but I can't say for...
  10. Ethernet Adapter looses connectivity after PC enters Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet Adapter looses connectivity after PC enters Sleep Mode: Hi, I recently upgraded to a new PC. When PC wakes from sleep the internet is initially disabled and I have to wait for it to come back on. Furthermore, when the PC sleeps I loose all power to my USB devices, and cannot wake the PC with the mouse or keyboard. I must press...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ETHERNET SHUTS OFF WHEN PC GOES TO SLEEP

2. printer shuts ethernet after sleep mode lbp214 canon