Windows 10: PC fan problem after upgrading to Windows 10

Discus and support PC fan problem after upgrading to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Ever since upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, my PC fan runs constantly from startup. The only thing that stops it is booting into UEFI... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MFunk, Oct 6, 2015.

1. MFunk Win User

PC fan problem after upgrading to Windows 10

Ever since upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, my PC fan runs constantly from startup. The only thing that stops it is booting into UEFI Diagnostics and then exiting. The fan starts to run again after a restart. This is a brand new computer and to say that I'm unhappy about this would be an understatement.

Any help with this matter would be fully appreciated.

:)

MFunk, Oct 6, 2015

2. Upgrading To Windows 10 Stopped My Fans From Working

Upgrading To Windows 10 Stopped My Fans From Working.

My Fans on my PC suddenly stopped working when I upgraded to windows 10. What is the problem?

(Exterior Fans)

dillpickle01, Oct 6, 2015
  3. PC fan noise after upgrading to Windows 10

Please download Speccy and upload a copy of the report it produces to OneDrive. It helps to obtain the report at a time when the system is under pressure and temperatures may be higher than normal:

CCleaner.com - Using Speccy

Gerry C J Cornell, Oct 6, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

Which fan, CPU, case fan, video card fan ? Meaning it is running too fast, making certain noise, as fans should be constantly running ?

jds63, Oct 6, 2015
  5. MFunk Win User
    I don't know. I'm pretty much a novice with computers. When I bought the computer it had the option to automatically upgrade to Windows 10. I never envisaged encountering this kind of problem. Basically, the fan is just noisy and keeps running that way.

Sorry if I'm not being of much help.

MFunk, Oct 6, 2015
  6. jds63 Win User
    It's o.k. i understand, why we are here to help. Just wondering what it can be and question it first with you. Noisy like strange sound, whining, buzzing or just because it is going fast ? This happens when you are not doing much on PC ?

jds63, Oct 6, 2015
  7. MFunk Win User
    I'd best describe the sound as a loud whirring. It happens as soon as I turn my PC on, and just continues no matter what I'm doing. I tried reverting back to Windows 8.1, but the problem followed me. The main reason that I upgraded to Windows 10 is that I can't stand Windows 8.

MFunk, Oct 6, 2015
  8. jds63 Win User

Good chance of a bad fan, only way to locate it is open the case and listen to where it is exactly coming from. Let us know. As said be one on CPU, one on the video card and if have one on case or two. If not actual fan, could be running fast for other reasons, overheating or some other issues with some service running on PC.

Check the Task Manager, right click taskbar and select it, check first Tab, look to see if CPU or Disk showing high percentages.

jds63, Oct 6, 2015
  9. dalchina New Member
    Hi, assuming it's not a hardware problem, but the change to Win 10, when I upgraded to Win 10, I had high CPU problems initially from 3 separate causes which needed intervention.

As jds63 says, could you please have a look at your task manager, details, order by CPU use highest topmost, and post a screenshot. Thanks!

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. PC fan problem after upgrading to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - fan problem upgrading

2. Fans keep spinning while pc is off after windows 11 upgrade.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fans keep spinning while pc is off after windows 11 upgrade.: Hey all,I recently upgraded my PC from windows 10 to windows 11. Everything went fine during installation to my knowledge as I had no errors, warnings and or messages.However after the upgrade and installing all the drivers my PC fans keep running even when the PC is turned...
  3. Fans keep spinning while pc is off after windows 11 upgrade.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fans keep spinning while pc is off after windows 11 upgrade.: Hey all,I recently upgraded my PC from windows 10 to windows 11. Everything went fine during installation to my knowledge as I had no errors, warnings and or messages.However after the upgrade and installing all the drivers my PC fans keep running even when the PC is turned...
  4. Problem with Windows 10 after upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with Windows 10 after upgrade: Hi, Acer travel mate lap top upgraded to window 10 a few years ago. Windows 10 is a real pain. constantly losing wifi at the drop of a hat when ever I ask it to do a task. Have installed blue tooth usb device which worked well for a couple opf months then it start to...
  5. Problems after upgrade to windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems after upgrade to windows 10: My installed ram has reduced to 2gb from 8gb after upgrade to windows 10 from windows 8.1! I use virtual box to operate various operating systems but unable to do this due to lack of ram can you please help?...
  6. Activating windows after upgrading PC's problems

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating windows after upgrading PC's problems: Long story short: Upgraded main PC to new MOBO and CPU etc. Put old MOBO CPU etc into a new tower and took GPU and HDDs from second pcmostly for kids into the new tower to improve second PC. Fresh installed windows on second PC with new hardware and main PC booted up without...
  7. CPU fan revs up after windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Customization
    CPU fan revs up after windows 10 upgrade: CPU fan revs up after windows 10 upgrade I have 6 computers in my home I have upgraded them all to windows 10 currently 1903. When on the internet (any browser) my CPU fan on 2 of my machines races up and down after one of the updates. At time it goes to full speed. This...
  8. Noisy fan after upgrading to windows 10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Noisy fan after upgrading to windows 10.: i had windows 7 for years and I loved it.. I decided to upgrade to windows 10 yesterday and the fan noise.. I cant stand it. on windows 7 I almost never heard my fan even when I played heavy stuff and even when my cpu was extremely high. but now my cpu with windows 10 is...
  9. Problems after Windows 10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems after Windows 10 Upgrade: I upgraded to Windows 10 three days ago and I now have innumerable problems. Firstly I can't open the start menu. If I right click on it I get the usual context menu but left clicking doesn't activate the new start menu. Secondly although I have the search bar I'm not able to...
  10. problems after windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    problems after windows 10 upgrade: Hallo, I am having a couple of problems and I don't know if they are related or each needs to dealt with separately. I keep getting this message "the external tool disk defragmentation GUI could not be found for os windows unknown major release service pack 0...