Windows 10: PC freeze after windows update

Discus and support PC freeze after windows update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, a few weeks ago, pc suffered power loss and my psu went dead. i managed to install a new PSU and reinstall nvidia driver and LAN driver. ever... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by spyslayer, Mar 19, 2018.

1. spyslayer Win User

PC freeze after windows update

Hi,
    a few weeks ago, pc suffered power loss and my psu went dead. i managed to install a new PSU and reinstall nvidia driver and LAN driver. ever since, pc having intermittent freeze-ups. Happens when I’m using the PC doing a wide range of activities. It happens when the PC is idle.
    today, pc freeze-ups 15 mins later after installing Windows updates.
    After a while the problem seems to disappear, only to come back later
    now my PC freezes everytime i m running 3 to 5 software applications and i have to do a hard restart to reboot pc. now i can't use those applications because my pc will freeze, but i need to run those applications for my work which i have used for years with no issue.
    Help greatly appreciated.
    thanks in advance for your help!

:)

spyslayer, Mar 19, 2018
  2. EBArcade Win User

Windows 10 Update Causing Computer and Programs to Freeze

Is there a fix for the continued freezing of my PC after the Windows 10 automatic update?

My PC is continuing to freeze after the latest automatic Windows 10 update.

Word and Excel freeze for hours when trying to save content.

WIFI is interupted and disconnected.

As I am writing this post my cursor is freezing.

Help please.

EBArcade, Mar 19, 2018
  3. WillShaw1 Win User
    Windows Update Stuck at 50% and will not complete.

Windows automatically updated on three of my PC's - I have an all-in-one, a laptop and a desktop PC (It updated on all three)

On every one it automatically restarted the PC after I delayed it as much as I could. During the restart process the update freeze. The number stops at 50 and the dotted circle stops spinning and freezes.

Have Windows released a dodgy update? Why is it braking my PCs.

WillShaw1, Mar 19, 2018
  4. PC freeze after windows update

What is the make and model of the old and new PSU?

Masterchiefxx17, Mar 20, 2018
  5. spyslayer Win User
    both of them are cooler master 450W.

spyslayer, Mar 20, 2018
  6. Sounds like it may be a power fault. Is the power grid you are on dirty or do you have the computer connected to a APC/UPS?

In the BIOS, what are the 12V, 3.3V, 5V, and VCORE voltages?

Masterchiefxx17, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

PC freeze after windows update

1. PC freeze after windows update - Similar Threads - freeze update

2. My laptop freezes when updating windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My laptop freezes when updating windows 10: My laptop freezes when updating windows 10 and I force it to turn off by pressing the power button until it dies and when it starts up again it can't play valorant with error code VAL 5 and the laptop can't be shutdown, when I want to shutdown it will turn on again and so on....
  3. My laptop freezes when updating windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop freezes when updating windows 10: My laptop freezes when updating windows 10 and I force it to turn off by pressing the power button until it dies and when it starts up again it can't play valorant with error code VAL 5 and the laptop can't be shutdown, when I want to shutdown it will turn on again and so on....
  4. My laptop freezes when updating windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Update freezes at 99% on reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Update freezes at 99% on reboot: Hi. By the last regular W10 Update last week my W stucks on reboot.I waited 1 night and made a hard reset but no changes.Then 3 reboots after hours with same result .I dont know the kb number, who would remember..?What can i do?Thx...
  6. Windows 10 Update freezes at 99% on reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Update freezes at 99% on reboot: Hi. By the last regular W10 Update last week my W stucks on reboot.I waited 1 night and made a hard reset but no changes.Then 3 reboots after hours with same result .I dont know the kb number, who would remember..?What can i do?Thx...
  7. Windows 10 Update freezes at 99% on reboot

8. Stuck in a loop where my laptop keeps freezing at 99 percent when updating, cannot start...

Stuck in a loop where my laptop keeps freezing at 99 percent when updating, cannot start...: Yesterday I saw that there was a yellow icon alerting me that there was a new update and I decided to click on "update and restart" as I had the night before on my desktop which I am currently writing on. After a few minutes it reached 99% and promptly froze, stuck on a blue...
  9. Laptop keeps freezing at 99 percent when updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keeps freezing at 99 percent when updating: Yesterday I saw that there was a yellow icon alerting me that there was a new update and I decided to click on "update and restart" as I had the night before on my desktop which I am currently writing on. After a few minutes it reached 99% and promptly froze, stuck on a blue...
  10. Laptop keeps freezing at 99 percent when updating

Laptop keeps freezing at 99 percent when updating: Yesterday I saw that there was a yellow icon alerting me that there was a new update and I decided to click on "update and restart" as I had the night before on my desktop which I am currently writing on. After a few minutes it reached 99% and promptly froze, stuck on a blue...