Windows 10: PC freeze, reset during games

Discus and support PC freeze, reset during games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've always had a problem with my PC resetting after turning it on first time. I will reset twice or more random and boot up or BSOD. But now whenever... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by redfox2020, Jun 3, 2016.

1. PC freeze, reset during games

I've always had a problem with my PC resetting after turning it on first time. I will reset twice or more random and boot up or BSOD. But now whenever I play games Overwatch, LoL, DOOM it just resets or crashes. Dump files attached.

I've vacuumed out, updated drivers too. Alienware Aurora. 2010.

Attachment 83320
    Attachment 83319

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance! *Cool*Cool*Cool*Cool*Cool

:)

redfox2020, Jun 3, 2016

2. PC freezing during gaming

Hi,

For us to isolate the issue more precisely, can you provide us with more information:

- Did this concern started on day1 of Windows 10?

- Can you give us your system specification?

- Usually, a high CPU usage is caused by a software conflict or add-on, can you try playing on a
    clean bootand observe if it happens there.

Keep us posted.

Best regards,

Roberto Ven, Jun 3, 2016
  3. PC freezing during gaming

Good day,

I've been experiencing freezing during gaming and watching movies. I have dual screens so I usually watch on 1 screen and play on the other at the same time. The first time I've experienced the freezing I was gaming and watching something. I then proceeded
    to update my video drivers to the latest crimson software. This didn't fix the issue. I then opened up HWMonitor to check my temperature and noticed that my CPU was running excessively high. I cleaned out my system, re-pasted my CPU cooler, cleaned my video
    card and PSU. I booted up my system and it happened again. My temperatures are fine now, but I would like to know if my problem is due to my video drivers or if it's heat related or even PSU related.

Please assist and let me know what other info is needed. I've followed the guide regarding posting questions.

Please find the link below for the DMP file and the MSInfo file. Please note that I've been crashing in Dota 2 when trying to stream a live game and Final Fantasy 14.

DMP and MSInfo

Regards,

Ganief

GaniefDavids, Jun 3, 2016
  4. PC freeze, reset during games

I've just played the last hour or so and had no problem.

redfox2020, Jun 3, 2016
  5. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Jun 4, 2016
  6. Hiya I did do all that I believe. Zip is under the screen shot. *Wink

redfox2020, Jun 4, 2016
  7. Attachment 83416 My minidump files too.

redfox2020, Jun 4, 2016
  8. Ztruker Win User

PC freeze, reset during games

You are not following directions. There should be 20 files plus the minidumps. Please download and run the DM_Log collector as described then upload that zip file and post here.

Ztruker, Jun 5, 2016
  9. Hi I tried it again and it's working properly after I scrolled down.

Here it is *Smile

Attachment 83621

redfox2020, Jun 5, 2016
  10. Ztruker Win User
    That's better, thanks.

I see this in the latest minidump:

Code: ffffd000`f4566408 fffff801`cdabbe68Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys nvlddmkm+0x69be68[/quote] You have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 and are using the latest 368.22 driver. You can try some older drivers to see if that helps: GeForce Drivers

Attachment 83731

Also, check power values using a program like Speedfan. Post results here please.

The reports show that you have 15GB, not 16GB which I find unusual. Your GeForce GTX 760 has 2GB of onboard ram so I wouldn't think it's taking any from what is installed on your motherboard. Can you explain why it shows 15GB?

Ztruker, Jun 5, 2016
  11. Ztruker Win User
    Look s like you have 6 memory slots:

4GB 1GB 4GB 1GB 4GB 1GB

Using at least two different types of memory. As a test, remove the three 1GB modules and see how things are.

Alternatively, test your ram with memtest86+:

Download Memtest86+ (you want the 2nd one Download - Pre-Compiled Bootable ISO (.zip)). Unzip it then create a CD from the iso file using your CD burning software. There is a good freeware burner called ImgBurn which will do this easily.

DO NOT burn the .iso file directly to CD. It must be used as input to a program that knows what to do with it, like the one I mentioned above.

You can do this on any computer that has a working CD Burner.

You can also use a Flash drive instead of a CD.

Download - Auto-installer for USB Key (Win 9x/2k/xp/7) *NEW!*.
    Unzip and run Memtest86+ USB Installer.exe.
    It will format the flash drive if you tell it to. I used a small, 16MB flash drive and it had 8.5GB left when done.

Boot the CD or Flash drive and run Memtest86+ for at least 3 complete passes unless it shows errors sooner than that. An overnight run is even better.

And please fill out your System Specs:

How to fill out System Specs for tenforums.
    See here: System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums

Definitely need the Alienware complete model number.

Ztruker, Jun 5, 2016
  12. Attachment 83745
    Fan report ( thanks for the reply so far *Smile )

redfox2020, Jun 5, 2016
  13. PC freeze, reset during games

Attachment 83748

Firsr time it said 170 errors, then I left it but then reset it and it said this.

redfox2020, Jun 5, 2016
  14. I've just taken out the 3 1GB sticks and it's running much further and getting to 32% (crashed at 7% last time) on memtest64 boot. *Smile

redfox2020, Jun 5, 2016
  15. Ztruker Win User
    Sounds like you are making real progress. Good luck, let me know how you make out.

Ztruker, Jun 5, 2016
Thema:

PC freeze, reset during games

1. PC freeze, reset during games - Similar Threads - freeze reset during

2. PC Freezes only during gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Freezes only during gaming: Hi everybody,I am dealing with this issue since a month by now. My whole PC get completely frozen when I am playing something not always, I think in 5 hours of session I get 1 crash more or less. I need to restart it manually with the power botton. The funny thing is that...
  3. PC Freezes only during gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Freezes only during gaming: Hi everybody,I am dealing with this issue since a month by now. My whole PC get completely frozen when I am playing something not always, I think in 5 hours of session I get 1 crash more or less. I need to restart it manually with the power botton. The funny thing is that...
  4. PC randomly freezes during gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC randomly freezes during gaming: Hey everyone,This is the first time I've ran into this problem ever and can't find what causes it. So when I'm playing games happens most in Overwatch my PC has a tendency to randomly freeze. I can still hear ingame sounds and people in discord, but my main monitor goes black...
  5. PC randomly freezes during gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC randomly freezes during gaming: Hey everyone,This is the first time I've ran into this problem ever and can't find what causes it. So when I'm playing games happens most in Overwatch my PC has a tendency to randomly freeze. I can still hear ingame sounds and people in discord, but my main monitor goes black...
  6. PC keeps freezing and crashing during games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC keeps freezing and crashing during games: Hi,I have recently had exhausting problems with my computer freezing during gameplay - even games that are not resource intensive at all.I posted my full specs at the bottom.I have already attempted the following:Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool - no errors found, also ran...
  7. PC freezes during/after playing a game

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC freezes during/after playing a game: I have an i5-9400F cpu and gtx 1660 gpu. When I am playing, or most of the time a couple minutes after I stop playing, the PC freezes and I have to forcefully restart it. I wonder if this is because I have different brands of ram installed. This only happens after I installed...
  8. PC micro-freezing during or after gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC micro-freezing during or after gaming: I need helping diagnsing a freezing problem with my PC. This only seems to happen during or just after playing Left4Dead2. My PC will start to freeze completely for a quarter to one second at a time, every 1-5 seconds or so... the mouse cursor will block and completely stop...
  9. PC micro-freezing during or after gaming

in Windows 10 Support
    PC micro-freezing during or after gaming: I need helping diagnsing a freezing problem with my PC. This only seems to happen during or just after playing Left4Dead2. My PC will start to freeze completely for a quarter to one second at a time, every 1-5 seconds or so... the mouse cursor will block and completely stop...
  10. PC Freezes during Gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Freezes during Gaming: Good morning everybody *Smile During this week I encountered a serious problem with my Laptop. While playing games it freezes and the sound starts to stutter. The only way out is to shut down the PC with the power button. This happens randomly, therfore I can play 20...