Windows 10: PC freezes at a point in startup and prevents sfc scan

Discus and support PC freezes at a point in startup and prevents sfc scan in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I researched into this issue, and it seems like the cause is corrupted system files. The recommended way to fix this is to run an sfc scan, but since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CaptainTologist, Jul 18, 2018.

1. PC freezes at a point in startup and prevents sfc scan

I researched into this issue, and it seems like the cause is corrupted system files. The recommended way to fix this is to run an sfc scan, but since the computer freezes before the scan is complete, there's not much I can do about it. Any recommendations?

:)

CaptainTologist, Jul 18, 2018

2. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Jul 18, 2018
  3. Fix Laptop after upgrade to Windows 10 now slow or freezing completely

Hi Marina,

What is the error that you see on Startup? Provide complete and exact error code or message.

I suggest that you run the SFC scan and check if it helps to improve the Computer performance. Follow the steps :

• Press Windows + X
    • Click Command prompt (Admin)
    • Type sfc /scannow
    • Press Enter

Vinod Archak, Jul 18, 2018
  4. Avedis53 Win User

PC freezes at a point in startup and prevents sfc scan

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jul 18, 2018
Thema:

PC freezes at a point in startup and prevents sfc scan

1. PC freezes at a point in startup and prevents sfc scan - Similar Threads - freezes point startup

2. SFC Scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    SFC Scan: Hello there, i am tech savvy to a point but im not sure whats going on here, i think my computer reset while i was buying some bitcoin now the monero program I use wont work, i cant get cmd to to work at all. I did an sfc /scannow and these are the results i got back...
  3. SFC scanning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SFC scanning: I am trying to reset my PC and it keeps failing. so i read that if i SFC scan it may fix my problem, when I try to use command sfc /scannow it says this, "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service.". So I read that if I type, net start trustedinstaller,...
  4. Pc freezes on startup

Pc freezes on startup: Good day, so yesterday i performed a reboot of my system because it was becoming too laggy and everything seemedto go great afterwards. This morning i attempted to switch on my pc but it froze immediately after turnitu it on. The only two things i can do is enter the BIOS...
  5. SFC Scan

SFC Scan: Hi, i got everyday many bluescreens and this is a bit upset. I searched on google the different bluescreen codes i got (and there's a lot and different every time), and one of them told me to use the sfc scannow, and that's the output: https://pastebin.com/raw/v6E4UsLk...
  6. Sfc scan

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sfc scan: I am showing corrupt files that they could fix in sfc scan. I need instructions on how to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scan/d9cc5dec-8de1-46b8-9d8a-949425a7d303"
  7. SFC scan

SFC scan: When I run SFC scan , cmd displays that corrupt files are found but was unable to fix some of them. Here is the screen shoot : What should I do ? [ATTACH] *Moved from Virus and Malware forums*...
  8. SFC scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    SFC scan: When I run SFC scan , cmd displays that corrupt files are found but was unable to fix some of them. Here is the screen shoot : What should I do ? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/sfc-scan/4933511a-fad9-4b65-91d6-adbfd7717e07
  9. sfc scan

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sfc scan: Did a scan found a lot of corrupt files also did the clean up files repair health DISM also no luck should I reset the computer to factory settings nothing I do repairs the corrupt files ? Thank You TIMMY 2018-08-15 07:49:42, Info CBS TI: ---...
  10. PC Freezes at Startup (Update Loop); CHKDSK No Problems; Can't SFC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    PC Freezes at Startup (Update Loop); CHKDSK No Problems; Can't SFC: Two nights ago I clicked on Shut Down and Install Updates before I left my house. I came home a few hours later and noticed the computer had frozen on the Shut Down screen. I then held down the power button in order to shut it down. When I turned it on after, it booted up and...