Windows 10: PC Freezes during Gaming

Discus and support PC Freezes during Gaming in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Good morning everybody *Smile During this week I encountered a serious problem with my Laptop. While playing games it freezes and the sound starts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by manimerz, Jan 22, 2016.

1. manimerz Win User

PC Freezes during Gaming

Good morning everybody *Smile

During this week I encountered a serious problem with my Laptop.
    While playing games it freezes and the sound starts to stutter. The only way out is to shut down the PC with the power button. This happens randomly, therfore I can play 20 mins. and I'm fine, or even up to a few hours without any problems, but it could happen anytime and this is really frustrating when playing online games :/

My setup is a Clevo-PM15SM with theses specifications:
    ====================================
    CPU: i7-4710MQ @ 2.50GHz (hyperthreaded to 8 cores)
    GPU: Nvidia GeForce 880M
    RAM: 8GB

Task Manager and the Strg-Alt-Del Screen do not work.
    Drivers are up-to date.
    I can confirm it's not a heat issue my PC rarely tops the 50-60°C mark.
    The RAM, CPU and GPU are all fine.

I have no clue what's going on.
    However I took a look at the Event Viewer and discovered that milliseconds before the crash the driver called EnhancedStorage-EhStorTcgDrv crashes. This happens before every crash without exception.

Any ideas how to solve it???

Attachment 60271

:)

manimerz, Jan 22, 2016

2. PC freezing during gaming

Hi,

For us to isolate the issue more precisely, can you provide us with more information:

- Did this concern started on day1 of Windows 10?

- Can you give us your system specification?

- Usually, a high CPU usage is caused by a software conflict or add-on, can you try playing on a
    clean bootand observe if it happens there.

Keep us posted.

Best regards,

Roberto Ven, Jan 22, 2016
  3. PC freezing during gaming

Good day,

I've been experiencing freezing during gaming and watching movies. I have dual screens so I usually watch on 1 screen and play on the other at the same time. The first time I've experienced the freezing I was gaming and watching something. I then proceeded
    to update my video drivers to the latest crimson software. This didn't fix the issue. I then opened up HWMonitor to check my temperature and noticed that my CPU was running excessively high. I cleaned out my system, re-pasted my CPU cooler, cleaned my video
    card and PSU. I booted up my system and it happened again. My temperatures are fine now, but I would like to know if my problem is due to my video drivers or if it's heat related or even PSU related.

Please assist and let me know what other info is needed. I've followed the guide regarding posting questions.

Please find the link below for the DMP file and the MSInfo file. Please note that I've been crashing in Dota 2 when trying to stream a live game and Final Fantasy 14.

DMP and MSInfo

Regards,

Ganief

GaniefDavids, Jan 22, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

PC Freezes during Gaming

Hi manimerz,

Welcome to the 10forums.

Please run a few tests on your hard drive.

PC Freezes during Gaming [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Test
    HDD TEST

Run SeaTools to check the integrity of your HDD. SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Run following tests
    • Short Drive Self Test
    • Short generic
    • Long generic
    If the short generic fails, no need for the long generic.

Note Do not run SeaTools on an SSD as the results will be invalid.

Run chkdsk
    Disk Check - Windows 7 Help Forums

Run HDTune to
    • scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    • check the health,
    • benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    Let me know what the results are
    • of the error scan,
    • make a screenshot of the health of every hard drive and post the screenshots,
    • post screenshots with the benchmark of the
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.
    Code: Event[4977]: Log Name: System Source: disk Date: 2016-01-23T14:32:07.285 Event ID: 52 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-BVVK4NB Description: The driver has detected that device \Device\Harddisk0\DR0 has predicted that it will fail. Immediately back up your data and replace your hard disk drive. A failure may be imminent.[/quote]

5. manimerz Win User
    Thank you axe for your quick reply.
    I am now done with all the tests and here are the results

Sadly there is no spoiler tag in this forum *Sad So I will plainly attach my files onto this post.
    All the Seagate Tests passed.

As for this sector error, I have that for a while already (since November/December last year) and it did not affect the computer in any way.
    Also I want to point out that I am now 2 days crash free *yay me* *Party But I will report when it happens again.

manimerz, Jan 24, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    The event log I posted doesn't speak of bad sectors, only that it will fail.

The Reallocated Sector Count (RSC) seems to have failed its job, this attribute of S.M.A.R.T. (health) is 1 of the indicators with which one can notice a failing hard drive. The RSC marks sectors with read/write/verification errors as 'reallocated' and moves the data to another sector (special reserved area), because RSC failed sectors with errors can't be dealt with anymore what causes only more problems for your data as it may become corrupted and performance.

7. manimerz Win User
    Ok thank you for your help and short info *Smile

I will inform myself properly later when I've got time, so thanks for telling me where to look at ^^
    (I know this was probably a 5-minute google search but I did not know it was that urgent so I did not focus on it tbh)

Any suggestions that do not involve a replacement of the HDD???
    And will it cause troubles on a daily basis after a while? I'm in the middle of my finals and the last thing that I want to happen is my computer to stop working/booting because of a malfunctioned hard drive :/

manimerz, Jan 24, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

PC Freezes during Gaming

Not really any other suggestion then a replacement.

It will cause trouble on a daily base in a while yes, if not replaced in time you won't be able to boot from it and recover the lost data.
    Currently you only need to not freak out when you notice a performance issue *Wink
    When you are able to, replace the hard drive.

9. manimerz Win User
    Ok I'll keep that in mind

ok performance did not drop recently so I think I should be good for the next few weeks, then I'll replace it as soon as possible *Smile

I will mark this now as solved, thank you for your (impressively quick) help I really appreciate it *Smile
    Can I do something for you, is there some sort of karma system or anything like that?

manimerz, Jan 25, 2016
  10. axe0 New Member
Thema:

PC Freezes during Gaming

1. PC Freezes during Gaming - Similar Threads - Freezes during Gaming

2. PC Freezes only during gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Freezes only during gaming: Hi everybody,I am dealing with this issue since a month by now. My whole PC get completely frozen when I am playing something not always, I think in 5 hours of session I get 1 crash more or less. I need to restart it manually with the power botton. The funny thing is that...
  3. PC Freezes only during gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Freezes only during gaming: Hi everybody,I am dealing with this issue since a month by now. My whole PC get completely frozen when I am playing something not always, I think in 5 hours of session I get 1 crash more or less. I need to restart it manually with the power botton. The funny thing is that...
  4. PC randomly freezes during gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC randomly freezes during gaming: Hey everyone,This is the first time I've ran into this problem ever and can't find what causes it. So when I'm playing games happens most in Overwatch my PC has a tendency to randomly freeze. I can still hear ingame sounds and people in discord, but my main monitor goes black...
  5. PC randomly freezes during gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC randomly freezes during gaming: Hey everyone,This is the first time I've ran into this problem ever and can't find what causes it. So when I'm playing games happens most in Overwatch my PC has a tendency to randomly freeze. I can still hear ingame sounds and people in discord, but my main monitor goes black...
  6. PC keeps freezing and crashing during games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC keeps freezing and crashing during games: Hi,I have recently had exhausting problems with my computer freezing during gameplay - even games that are not resource intensive at all.I posted my full specs at the bottom.I have already attempted the following:Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool - no errors found, also ran...
  7. PC freezes during/after playing a game

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC freezes during/after playing a game: I have an i5-9400F cpu and gtx 1660 gpu. When I am playing, or most of the time a couple minutes after I stop playing, the PC freezes and I have to forcefully restart it. I wonder if this is because I have different brands of ram installed. This only happens after I installed...
  8. PC micro-freezing during or after gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC micro-freezing during or after gaming: I need helping diagnsing a freezing problem with my PC. This only seems to happen during or just after playing Left4Dead2. My PC will start to freeze completely for a quarter to one second at a time, every 1-5 seconds or so... the mouse cursor will block and completely stop...
  9. PC micro-freezing during or after gaming

in Windows 10 Support
    PC micro-freezing during or after gaming: I need helping diagnsing a freezing problem with my PC. This only seems to happen during or just after playing Left4Dead2. My PC will start to freeze completely for a quarter to one second at a time, every 1-5 seconds or so... the mouse cursor will block and completely stop...
  10. PC freeze, reset during games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC freeze, reset during games: I've always had a problem with my PC resetting after turning it on first time. I will reset twice or more random and boot up or BSOD. But now whenever I play games Overwatch, LoL, DOOM it just resets or crashes. Dump files attached. I've vacuumed out, updated drivers too....