Windows 10: PC freezes during start up

Discus and support PC freezes during start up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; At start up, my PC freezes at the pre log on page - the screen before, and which would normally lead to, the password entry / log on screen - It shows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by randy09, Mar 1, 2018.

1. randy09 Win User

PC freezes during start up

At start up, my PC freezes at the pre log on page - the screen before, and which would normally lead to, the password entry / log on screen - It shows mail accounts being updated and the digital clock display operates, but PC does not respond to any input other than to power down. PC is a Dell, about 18 months old, but I do not have system specs. Any suggestions?

:)

randy09, Mar 1, 2018

2. Freeze during start up

After upgrade to Win 10 my laptop freezes during every start up at least one time and has been as many as six times. I have to power down and restart until it makes it through the start up process without freezing.

MarkRamirez, Mar 1, 2018
  3. TobyTom Win User
    Freeze during start up

my computer (an HP Pavilion) has nearly the same problem since the upgrade to windows 10. but mine is freezing after a while when I started it. after about 20 min it freezes when I click on the windows start button or on any other application. So I have
    to shut my laptop down manually and start it again until it freezes about 20 min later...

TobyTom, Mar 1, 2018
  4. AndreTen Win User

AndreTen, Mar 1, 2018
  5. randy09 Win User
    Thank you for the response, AndreTen. The PC is an all in one with a touch screen - options to get to the log in page Were to click the mouse, hit the space bar on keyboard, or swipe the screen. None of that does anything. Have tried holding the the left "shift" key during boot to get to reset options, no change. Have tried booting w/ a Win10 installation USB drive connected, no Joy. Think I'm SOL.

randy09, Mar 2, 2018
  6. AndreTen Win User
    Randy, you have to check, if your problem is the same as described in that thread - then it's possible that it's caused by Windows update.

You have to check if your input devices are responsive in BIOS or recovery console. To get there, try to restart PC (up to three times) by switch or by unplugging power. Then proceed as describer in link above.

AndreTen, Mar 2, 2018
  7. Winuser Win User
    You probably have Fast Start turned on in Power Settings. Turn off your computer and unplug the power cord. While unplugged hit the power button to discharge any power that is stored on the computer. Then plug the power cord back in and try starting the computer. This just happened to my sister-in-laws laptop. On her laptop when she started it all she got was a screen with a pointing finger. When she told me what it was doing I was lost at what kind of error she was getting. It turned out to be a crash from Windows trying to do a update while she was playing a game. The finger was from the game. Fast Start was keeping the laptop stuck. disconnecting the power cord and removing the battery allowed the laptop to fully shutdown so it could do a cold boot.

Winuser, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. PC freezes during start up - Similar Threads - freezes during start

2. pc freezing and stuck during starting up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc freezing and stuck during starting up: hi guys ...please i wanna your helpmy laptop stuck and getting blue screen after one second of starting up and go to troubleshootingwhen i anything in troubleshoot the same problem happen and in resetting pc a problem happen undoing changes this problem happend after...
  3. pc freezing and stuck during starting up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc freezing and stuck during starting up: hi guys ...please i wanna your helpmy laptop stuck and getting blue screen after one second of starting up and go to troubleshootingwhen i anything in troubleshoot the same problem happen and in resetting pc a problem happen undoing changes this problem happend after...
  4. pc freezing and stuck during starting up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. PC freeze in start up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC freeze in start up: I manage to turn on the computer I saw windows logo but before it goes to sign in page it will freeze. It happened before a long time ago and I dont know what my cousin did. He is not around and I need to boot my computer since I have lots to do....
  6. PC freeze in start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freeze in start up: I manage to turn on the computer I saw windows logo but before it goes to sign in page it will freeze. It happened before a long time ago and I dont know what my cousin did. He is not around and I need to boot my computer since I have lots to do....
  7. PC freeze in start up

8. LAPTOP FREEZES DURING WINDOWS 10 START-UP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LAPTOP FREEZES DURING WINDOWS 10 START-UP: Hi!I have a problem with a laptop and I searched and tried everything for months but I couldn't repair it.The laptop is a ASUS U80V one. It happened after a Win10 update. Simply Windows 10 freezes during the start-up rotating dots pause and I cannot do anything except...
  9. LAPTOP FREEZES DURING WINDOWS 10 START-UP

LAPTOP FREEZES DURING WINDOWS 10 START-UP: Hi!I have a problem with a laptop and I searched and tried everything for months but I couldn't repair it.The laptop is a ASUS U80V one. It happened after a Win10 update. Simply Windows 10 freezes during the start-up rotating dots pause and I cannot do anything except...
  10. My PC "freezes" during start up .....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC "freezes" during start up .....: my PC freezes during start up ... I often, after bout 4 attempts, get message "MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION" as it is "frozen" i cannot access anything outlined in the community chat line recommended "fixes" This problem is intermittent and has only began after a Windows 10...