Windows 10: Pc freezes during updates. Can't complete Windows update

Discus and support Pc freezes during updates. Can't complete Windows update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My computer is Windows 10 64 bit Intel core i7 processor 2600 Nvidia GeForce GTX560Ti 1280 MB 128 GB solid state drive + 2 TB Hard drive I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RonnieEmber, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Pc freezes during updates. Can't complete Windows update

My computer is Windows 10 64 bit
    Intel core i7 processor 2600
    Nvidia GeForce GTX560Ti 1280 MB
    128 GB solid state drive + 2 TB Hard drive

I've tried restarting multiple times. It keeps freezing.
    I attempted a recovery but it wouldn't work.
    Attempted to run CMD sfc/scannow and it told me nothing's wrong?
    Can't create a recovery drive on this PC, some required files are missing.

Ran media creation tool and got a new download of Windows. Attempted to run it and computer froze half way through it.

Also the downloads have a track record of always freezing at 88%.

I'm... Not the best with all this computer jargon. I'd really appreciate some help.
    Thanks so much for reading.

Edit: windows 10 setup
    0xC1900101 - 0x4000D
    The installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation

:)

RonnieEmber, Sep 30, 2017
  2. WillShaw1 Win User

Windows Update Stuck at 50% and will not complete.

Windows automatically updated on three of my PC's - I have an all-in-one, a laptop and a desktop PC (It updated on all three)

On every one it automatically restarted the PC after I delayed it as much as I could. During the restart process the update freeze. The number stops at 50 and the dotted circle stops spinning and freezes.

Have Windows released a dodgy update? Why is it braking my PCs.

WillShaw1, Sep 30, 2017
  3. windows automatic updates

I have passed away from the serious slow downing issue in my windows 10 PC since last 2 days whenever I connect PC with the wifi the windows updates are automatically downloaded. I can't understand how to stop it. I tried some tricks from google but not
    worked yet. When the battery saver is turned on (not during charging the PC)updates are stop, but when i charged my PC (during charging is on)updates are starting to download automatically.how can I stop updates to download completely during battery saver
    is off?

Hemang RDarji, Sep 30, 2017
  4. Pc freezes during updates. Can't complete Windows update

Caledon Ken, Sep 30, 2017
Thema:

Pc freezes during updates. Can't complete Windows update

1. Pc freezes during updates. Can't complete Windows update - Similar Threads - freezes during updates

2. Windows lags/freezes during updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows lags/freezes during updates: I have noticed that every time windows is downloading or installing updates in the background my laptop becomes very slow and the apps keep on lagging/freezing. It's impossible to get any work done because of this. Why is this happening and how to resolve this issue?OS:...
  3. Windows lags/freezes during updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows lags/freezes during updates: I have noticed that every time windows is downloading or installing updates in the background my laptop becomes very slow and the apps keep on lagging/freezing. It's impossible to get any work done because of this. Why is this happening and how to resolve this issue?OS:...
  4. Windows Update freezes during update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update freezes during update: I have an HP HP 17-cn0268st 17.3 laptop running windows 11 Home version 21H2 OS Build 22000.739. The computer constantly freezes during the updates and I have to turn it on and off many times to get it to work eventually. I have ran the trouble shooters, deleted contents of...
  5. Windows Update freezes during update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update freezes during update: I have an HP HP 17-cn0268st 17.3 laptop running windows 11 Home version 21H2 OS Build 22000.739. The computer constantly freezes during the updates and I have to turn it on and off many times to get it to work eventually. I have ran the trouble shooters, deleted contents of...
  6. Windows 10 Gaming PC Freezing during update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Gaming PC Freezing during update: Hello. Every time I attempt to update my new gaming PC, this is the order of events: 1. The update reaches 30%. 2. The PC goes ahead with the restart. 3. The PC starts but freezes at the bootup, and I can't get to BIOS. 4. I get mad. 5. Remove every USB device I...
  7. PC completely freezes during video playback

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC completely freezes during video playback: Any time I watch back one of the videos on any of my hard drives the video randomly stops and my PC just freezes up after about 2 mins of watching. sometimes i can close the media player and move the mouse around but nothing will work. Also sometimes i can hit Ctrl Alt Del...
  8. Soft freeze during Windows Update

Soft freeze during Windows Update: New desktop just froze?. I had the Windows Update tab open in Settings and it seems to have gotten stuck on an install. It's been like this for an hour now. About halfway through, the whole window just turned into my theme color. For awhile, I could move the cursor and...
  9. PC freezes during updates.

PC freezes during updates.: I have read all the emails sent about this and the main point I want to make is this - the screen goes blank when the upgrade starts and there is absolutely NOTHING I can do - I cannot power the PC off as the on/off switch does NOTHING and I cannot use ctrl alt delete to...
  10. windows freezing during update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows freezing during update: the last windows update did not totally load. It stopped at 35%. My surface pro is now stuck and will not boot properly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-freezing-during-update/1ab35f6b-2164-44ee-9f87-9bef3b370894