Windows 10: PC freezes on desktop and restarts

Discus and support PC freezes on desktop and restarts in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, Whenever I log into my PC it brings me to my desktop but just freezes. It then resarts with the blue screen saying ‘Your PC ran into a problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Gwen0024, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Gwen0024 Win User

PC freezes on desktop and restarts

Hi,

Whenever I log into my PC it brings me to my desktop but just freezes. It then resarts with the blue screen saying ‘Your PC ran into a problem and had to restart’. I can’t click on anything or do anything because everything is just frozen. I think this was after I updated to the newest Windows.

Please help me and thank you

:)

Gwen0024, Jul 30, 2018

2. Desktop freeze after log in

Hi Keith,

In order for us to find out what causes your desktop to freeze after logging in, we would like to gather more information:

• Did you make any recent changes on your computer prior to this issue?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • When the computer freezes, do you get an error message?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Jul 30, 2018
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jul 30, 2018
  4. PC freezes on desktop and restarts

System freezes after restart on Windows 10

Hi Jim,

Thank you for responding.

We appreciate your effort in resolving the issue.

As you have tried most of the above troubleshooting steps like Clean boot, SFC scan, installing pending updates, DISM and still the issue persists, try the below and check.

Do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Are you able to access desktop?

• Is there any error code/ error message when the system freezes?

• Have you installed any third party anti-virus software on your computer?
    I suggest you to Try to log-in with Safe mode, restart the computer in safe mode and check if the issue persists.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 30, 2018
Thema:

PC freezes on desktop and restarts

1. PC freezes on desktop and restarts - Similar Threads - freezes desktop restarts

2. PC Freezes Then Restarts.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Freezes Then Restarts.: This is my last call for help before i'm sending the PC in for a check. The PC freezes then just restarts, no bluescreen. However when i check eventviewer for logs this error appears:"The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000116 0xffffa70258a55320,...
  3. PC Freezes Then Restarts.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Freezes Then Restarts.: This is my last call for help before i'm sending the PC in for a check. The PC freezes then just restarts, no bluescreen. However when i check eventviewer for logs this error appears:"The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000116 0xffffa70258a55320,...
  4. PC Freezing and Restarting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Freezing and Restarting: My PC has over the past few weeks been freezing and restarting when I am playing games. The event viewer has the following error message:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000116 0xffff998a99484460, 0xfffff8054ac26730, 0xffffffffc000009a,...
  5. Pc freezes in desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc freezes in desktop: Every time I load into my pc I get to my desktop and just freeze. Can’t move curser or use keyboard shortcuts. I have no clue how to fix this can someone please help me...
  6. PC freezes and restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes and restarts: Hi, so I played VALORANT yesterday and I think this is the first time it happened. I've fresh install windows at 18 Nov 2022. I never had any problems before while playing valorant. But suddenly while playing, the pc freezes and restarts. No BSOD, it just restarts. The...
  7. PC freezes and restarts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC freezes and restarts: Hi, so I played VALORANT yesterday and I think this is the first time it happened. I've fresh install windows at 18 Nov 2022. I never had any problems before while playing valorant. But suddenly while playing, the pc freezes and restarts. No BSOD, it just restarts. The...
  8. PC freezes and restarts

9. PC freezes and restarts

PC freezes and restarts: Good morning, I have a new Windows 10 Pro 20H2 PC and at first i had some BSODs. I have updated some AMD drivers and i have them no longer. Now after 3 or 4 hours of use (web radio on Chrome) it freezes and restarts with no BSOD. Sometimes it freezes with no restart and...
  10. PC freezes and restarts

PC freezes and restarts: Hi all, I have been getting intermittent freezing and rebooting lately. I haven't made any recent hardware or software changes and don't know the cause. Would appreciate some support. System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 10.0, Build 18362 AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core...