Windows 10: PC freezes regularly, soon after startup.

Discus and support PC freezes regularly, soon after startup. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, This forum helped before with a BSOD I was experiencing. It turned out that my Logitech mouse drivers needed updating. Now the same computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by J0ckieboy, Jul 18, 2016.

1. J0ckieboy Win User

PC freezes regularly, soon after startup.

Hi,

This forum helped before with a BSOD I was experiencing. It turned out that my Logitech mouse drivers needed updating.
    Now the same computer has another problem. The screen freezes regularly, soon after startup. There is no BSOD, the screen just freezes, i.e. the second hand on the desktop clock stops, I can see what I was working on at the time and the PC must be forcably restarted.
    The PC is an ASUS G73-JW. It is running Windows 10.
    Removing the power cable, then removing the battery for a minute, and then returning both gives several hours of uninteruption but the freezes have always returned eventually.

:)

J0ckieboy, Jul 18, 2016
  2. AlgisT Win User

Black Screen with Cursor only on Windows 10

Well I fixed this but now after I log in its drops me black screen and I havt to wait 15-30mins so it can load my desktop, as soon as it's loaded its almost impossible to use pc duelag and freezes. By the way fast startup, new drivers and no viruses.

AlgisT, Jul 18, 2016
  3. SHO17 Win User
    ESENT Event ID 508,510 and 533 warnings in Event Viewer

The above errors and the freezing all go away on a clean install. Definitely not a hardware issue, just a Windows 10 problem coming from the Millennium update. I would really prefer to fix what is broken rather than do a rebuild and have to revalidate
    all my software with the respective suppliers. The PC seems to work OK other than the freezing fairly soon after startup so I am putting up with it until I get back to the PC in a few weeks.

SHO17, Jul 18, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

That very logitech driver is still too old for Windows 10.
    Code: 31/05/2013 00:15:44 C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\LGSUsbFilt.Sys [/quote] It can be assumed easily that the drivers prior to windows 10 will not work properly with windows 10.

Apparently your computer does not officially support Windows 10. .

Attachment 90843

Before anything else, please let us know how you got the drivers? What is the source of the drivers that you have installed?

Thema:

1. PC freezes regularly, soon after startup. - Similar Threads - freezes regularly soon

2. pc freezes after startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc freezes after startup: My pc freezes after startup. Once pc starts up and is ready to log in, it will freeze. holding the power button and turning it back on makes it work fine after. Ive tried running startup repair but I always get the prompt " C:\Windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt ". Ive...
  3. pc freezes after startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc freezes after startup: My pc freezes after startup. Once pc starts up and is ready to log in, it will freeze. holding the power button and turning it back on makes it work fine after. Ive tried running startup repair but I always get the prompt " C:\Windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt ". Ive...
  4. pc freezes after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc freezes after startup: My pc freezes after startup. Once pc starts up and is ready to log in, it will freeze. holding the power button and turning it back on makes it work fine after. Ive tried running startup repari but I always get the prompt " C:\Windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt ". Ive...
  5. Pc Freezes after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc Freezes after startup: Hi my pc has been being weird lately. For a while it wouldn’t let me install the correct driver but a few days ago it finally seemed like everything was fine. Now, this morning I’ve tried to turn on my pc but as soon as I open a chrome tab it freezes and sends me to the bios...
  6. Pc Freezes after startup

Pc Freezes after startup: Hi my pc has been being weird lately. For a while it wouldn’t let me install the correct driver but a few days ago it finally seemed like everything was fine. Now, this morning I’ve tried to turn on my pc but as soon as I open a chrome tab it freezes and sends me to the bios...
  7. PC freezes after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes after startup: Hello, I have installed Windows 11 on my new PC, but unfortunately after 2 days my PC freezes on startup and restarts and startup in BIOS, i cant see my NVME drive. After couple of restarts i came to Windows but after 30 seconds - 1 min it freezes again. I cant post a log...
  8. PC freezes after startup

PC freezes after startup: Hello, I have installed Windows 11 on my new PC, but unfortunately after 2 days my PC freezes on startup and restarts and startup in BIOS, i cant see my NVME drive. After couple of restarts i came to Windows but after 30 seconds - 1 min it freezes again. I cant post a log...
  9. pc freeze during and after the startup

in Windows 10 Support
    pc freeze during and after the startup: it start around 4 days ago, when i boot my pc in the morning it freeze after 3-5 mins.i can't move mouse or hear anything then i have to force shutdown and reboot . after rebooting it freeze again but this time it freeze right after i enter my password . so i force shutdown...
  10. Regular freezing

in Windows 10 Support
    Regular freezing: Hi, Windows seems to freeze every 30 minutes or so on my HP 255 G3 Notebook PC. Keyboard and mouse unresponsive. It doesn't come back and I have to power off. Reliability Monitor just says "Windows unexpectedly shut down". UEFI tests show all hardware to be working...