Windows 10: PC freezing/crashing in games. No BSOD.

Discus and support PC freezing/crashing in games. No BSOD. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I posted on another well-known hardware site a couple of months ago, but nobody has been able to assist, so I hope someone here may know better -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Steelhawk, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Steelhawk Win User

PC freezing/crashing in games. No BSOD.

Hello,I posted on another well-known hardware site a couple of months ago, but nobody has been able to assist, so I hope someone here may know better - it doesn't seem to be a hardware problem.I built myself a new PC back in May with a fresh Windows 10 installation, but I kept the following from my previous build: HDD, SSD, CPU cooler, chassis & SATA cables. Everything else is new. The previous build was completely stable and was running Windows 7.Sometimes I can go a full day without any crashes, other times it's 10 minutes in and I get a crash, and it doesn't matter which game I play. I don't get a BSOD so I can't check any dump files, the screen simply freezes on the last frame and I can't alt+tab, alt+f4 or anything, so I must hold down the power to switch off. It is definitely the computer crashing and not the game crashing as any voice-comms also shut off, and I hear a small “click” through the headset, the same click you would hear if you shut down your PC while wearing a headset. It never happens while outside of a game. It happens on games installed on either my HDD or SSD. Windows is installed on my SSD.I have tried 2 different GPU's, 2 different PSU's, 2 different CPU's, I've ran memtest86+ and windows memory diagnostics, both with no errors, I've kept an eye on temps and they seem to be fine - hitting a max GPU temp of 70°C, CPU 50°C, Mobo 39°C. I also believe it not to be temps due to the fact that it is possible that the machine can run a whole day without any crashes. I've tried using CrystalDisk to check storage health, stating both my drives as being in "good" health. I've even tried switching monitors just to be sure. I've flashed the BIOS, updated chipset, LAN, audio drivers - all of which I've done multiple times since there has been multiple updates since building this machine. I've ran AIDA64 with everything seemingly being stable. I used to update the GPU drivers whenever there was an update, but I had the same problem under each version and so I've even taken to trying a few older drivers.I’ve tried disabling C-states and Intel CPU Boost in BIOS, tried the ram frequency on 100:133, 100:100, and auto. I have tried reinstalling windows, removing audio drivers and letting Windows install its own drivers.I’ve tried everything I can think of and everything I can find on forums where people have similar problems. There seems to be something I’m overlooking and I can’t for the life of me figure out what it is. A friend of mine is a network administrator for a large company and has tried a multitude of things on my computer via TeamViewer and he can’t figure it out either. This is probably about my 5th computer I’ve built for myself over the years so I generally know what I’m doing, but never have I experienced something like this. A BSOD would be great, but without them and without dump files, I cannot troubleshoot effectively.If there's ANYTHING anyone can recommend that I try, I'm all ears. Oh, and nothing is or has been overclocked.Here's the current setup:GPU: GTX 1060 6GB (MSI)CPU: i5 7600KRAM: 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 2400MHz DDR4Mobo: ASUS Prime B250M-ASSD: 120GB Samsung Evo 840 (drivers are up-to-date, this has windows installed, drivers and a few games)HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB (this has everything else on)PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650wSorry if I've missed anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

:)

Steelhawk, Jul 24, 2017
  2. Luke990 Win User

PC Crashes but doesn't even get to a BSOD

Recently I built a new PC for gaming and I have been getting a lot of crashes. Usually I crash when I'm playing a game, but it doesn't even get to a BSOD the whole PC just freezes and then I have to restart. I've tried quite a few things to fix the problems
    but nothing has worked, so I am posting here.

I have uploaded everything I think you guys will need to help me here:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4DG2rIM041kWWlvUHlKVkhHSjQ&usp=sharing

Luke990, Jul 24, 2017
  3. Windows 10 may freeze after installing the Anniversary Update - Updated 8-31-16

My PC is currently experiencing freezing, and crashing issues (either display stuck up or BSOD)

Here's my PC's specs:

-Intel i3-4160 3.60GHz

-4GB RAM

-Radeon R7 250

-Kingston V300 64GB SSD (Windows is installed here)

-Seagate 750GB (data is installed here, and all windows data folder like documents are also placed here)

The freezing/crash happened randomly, although the last crash happened after the game i'm playing back then crashed around 3x, and the last game crash resulted into a BSOD. The first two happened randomly.

I added 3 .dmp files as well as the events which includes all the crashes below:

CRASHES_WIN10ANNIVERSARY.zip

PS. I have a laptop with similar build, with OS installed on the SSD and data on a separate hard drive(with windows data folders such as documents/downloads/etc. moved too). Unfortunately, i have never experienced these crashes on my laptop. The crashes
    ONLY happened on my PC.

What I tried:

-Resetting the PC

-Updating all drivers

Nothing worked. For now, I can't restore back to the previous build since I cleaned up my SSD because of the lack of free space. What can I do is I think I will do a fresh install of Windows (with full SSD wipe)

jimmytheassassin, Jul 24, 2017
  4. Steelhawk Win User

Sorry for the wall of text, apparently paragraphs are not working here...?

Steelhawk, Jul 24, 2017
Thema:

1. PC freezing/crashing in games. No BSOD. - Similar Threads - freezing crashing games

2. Game crashes and PC Freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game crashes and PC Freezes: I've been getting some crashes where my game freezes and shuts down, right after that the screen goes all weird, pratically all black with a few things still visible and I have to restart the PC.Here is the logThe description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be...
  3. Game crashes and PC Freezes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game crashes and PC Freezes: I've been getting some crashes where my game freezes and shuts down, right after that the screen goes all weird, pratically all black with a few things still visible and I have to restart the PC.Here is the logThe description for Event ID 0 from source nvlddmkm cannot be...
  4. PC freezes/crashes after closing a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes/crashes after closing a game: This has only happened a handful of times. I was having more pressing issues like constant BSODs, game crashes, game freezing and usually I would have to restart manually with the power button. Nearly all my issues have been resolved after I set my cpu and gpu back to stock...
  5. PC keeps freezing and crashing during games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC keeps freezing and crashing during games: Hi,I have recently had exhausting problems with my computer freezing during gameplay - even games that are not resource intensive at all.I posted my full specs at the bottom.I have already attempted the following:Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool - no errors found, also ran...
  6. BSOD and system crashes/ freezes during gaming

BSOD and system crashes/ freezes during gaming: Hello, I need someone's help! I have been attempting to troubleshoot my PC for a while. It has been crashing a lot when it comes to playing video games. After checking the reliability history, the issue mostly seems to be livekernelevent code: 141. I dug deeper and decided...
  7. [Crashes] PC freezes/crashes w. looping audio/bsod while on games

[Crashes] PC freezes/crashes w. looping audio/bsod while on games: Specs: ASUS Z170-E - Up to date BIOS version 3801 Intel i7 6700 3.4Ghz 8-core - Coolermaster Hyper EVO 212 air cooler MSI Geforce GTX 1060 6gb - Up to date driver ver. 445.75 16GB RAM 2133MHz 2 8gb DIMMS in slot A2 & B2 on mobo Samsung 850 EVO in m.2 250GB capacity WD...
  8. Game crashes, freezes, error GW502, BSOD...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game crashes, freezes, error GW502, BSOD...: I'll repost It until someone really takes care It, read carefuly my issues and the problem has been solved. First of all, I tried everything possible. And just to clarify this issues only happen on Gears 5 (and also Gears of War 4 but whatever) I have the latest Windows 10...
  9. Crashes, BSOD's and freezes (mostly while gaming)

Crashes, BSOD's and freezes (mostly while gaming): Hi as the title reads I'm experiencing a lot of problems, especially the BSOD's. I have no idea what and how to post files that may help so please provide instructions so I can do that. Some BSOD errors I got today are: - LiveKernelEvent code 1a1 and 141 -...
  10. Game freezes and crashes on PC version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game freezes and crashes on PC version: I posted it on Gears forums: https://forums.gearsofwar.com/t/game-freezes-and-crashes-on-pc-version/26872 I'm playing this game on Xbox One and PC, but on PC it freezes and crashes. I uninstalled the previous GPU driver with DDU, installed the most recent version, 436.30,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc crashes on games no bsod