Windows 10: PC frozen at startup (spinning dots)

Discus and support PC frozen at startup (spinning dots) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Heya guys, decided to come to ask for help because I can't seem to find a way to fix this issue. Last night my computer was running just fine.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Moski, Nov 22, 2017.

1. Moski Win User

PC frozen at startup (spinning dots)

Heya guys,

decided to come to ask for help because I can't seem to find a way to fix this issue.

Last night my computer was running just fine. Today I boot it up and it gets frozen at the startup, so I restart it and it does the same. Eventually it boots into recovery mode and I tried all the advanced options of repairing offered with no avail. Removed all plugged cables and replugged them , booted with power and vga cables only and everytime it happens. So I tried to reset the pc thinking it had something to do with the drivers. During this process the pc reboots several times and it froze again during the dots loading part.

It gets through the BIOS everytime but as soon as it starts up, it freezes.

What can I do about this? What are the diagnostics?

EDIT: Forgot to mention that it works just fine in safe mode

UPDATE: Plugging the vga cable into the motherboard chipset lets the pc boot all the way up. Does it mean my graphic card is dead?

Thanks in advance!

:)

Moski, Nov 22, 2017

2. Starting Windows 10

Hello again everyone!

Been trying to figure out the solution on my own, but no success... I did try startup repair, but nothing happened...

BUT! I have noticed that I forgot to mention probably the key thing... I have an AMD 555 BE x2 processor, and I've unlocked 4 cores on it, and while doing so, I've enabled "Unleashing mode"... One time I left the screen frozen on the spinning dots and when
    I came back there was a black screen (like the one when starting PC with all the information), and it said something like: "Failed to enable unleashing mode"... After that screen, I restart my PC, and it again freezes on the spinning dots... Then I restart
    my PC again (this time from this frozen screen) and everything is good, it passes the spinning dots screen, and I enter Windows...

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

DenisMioković, Nov 22, 2017
  3. Kathy D. Win User
    Windows 10 install stuck

During my install I seem to be stuck after a reboot on the Windows Logo and spinning dots - but its frozen with only 2 dots. After a shutdown restart it does the same thing.. Any ideas?

Kathy D., Nov 22, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

1) Please update the system specs in the "My Computer" sections:
    How To Fill Out Your System Specs
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums:
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums General Tips Tutorials
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'.
    After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.
    System Info - See Your System Specs - Windows 7 Help Forums

Include PSU. cooler, case, peripherals and anything attached to the computer by wired or wireless (mouse, keyboard, headset, printer, xbox, etc.)

2) If you can boot normally using internal graphics then run then open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:
    3) sfc /scannow
    4) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    5) chkdsk /scan
    6) When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on edit then copy > paste into the thread
    7) If you cannot open administrative command prompt then create a bootable windows 10 iso :
    Download Windows 10

8) insert the windows 10 flash drive into any USB port

9) Power on the computer and use the applicable keyboard key to open the bios boot menu and boot to the external USB hard drive. It it is a custom built computer then temporarily change the bios boot order so that the USB port is on top.

10) Open the windows advanced troubleshooting menu on the iso

11) Attempt to fix the problems with:
    a) system restore (start with the oldest date and work forward
    b) if there are no valid restore points or if the system restore failed move to the next step
    c) attempt startup repair
    d) if startup repair fails move to the next step
    e) open command prompt > Administrator X:\Windows\system32.cmd.exe
    f) type: sfc /scannow
    g) chkdsk /f
    h) reboot

12) Reevaluate the computer after the above steps.
    If the above fails there are additional troubleshooting steps.

zbook, Nov 22, 2017
  5. zinou Win User
    What you can do to troubleshoot that the right way and get answers to your problem is;

- Download and Install windows Performance Toolkit Download and install the Windows ADK | Microsoft Docs . Choose the package corresponding to your Windows version.

- Record a trace using Windows Performance Recorder using these options: JustPaste.it - Share Text & Images the Easy Way

- Compress the resulting file- Share it through Free file transfer, send large files - TransferNow or any other file sharing platform.

I'll analyze your trace file and give you a feedback.See you

zinou, Nov 23, 2017
  6. Bastet Win User
    When in safe mode try turning off use sign-in info to auto finish setting up device after update or restart in Windows 10.
    Open Settings, and click/tap on the Accounts icon.
    Click/tap on Sign-in options on the left side, and turn Off ‘Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device after an update or restart’.

Bastet, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. PC frozen at startup (spinning dots) - Similar Threads - frozen startup spinning

2. Spinning Dots of Doom

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Spinning Dots of Doom: Building a new desktop (with Asus XII hero board), after the Win 10 Pro install, every boot I am stuck at the spinning dots of happiness for 15 or 20 minutes. I've run all updates, updated I believe all chipset drivers from Asus (minus one.. the one that said.. you can never...
  3. Spinning dots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Spinning dots: My computer I use for my classes stated Microsoft update was due. So I waited and it auto restarted and did the update. Now all I have is spinning dots. That is it. All my student's information is on that computer plus their pictures and other events they have participated...
  4. spinning dots

in Windows 10 Customization
    spinning dots: let me start by saying that my laptop is working perfectly, and windows 10 is working perfectly. I turn on the laptop, it's a Dell. I get the Dell logo screen as it posts. the screen blinks and the dell logo comes back on with the spinning dots. I want to change that...
  5. Windows 10 Install Spinning Dots Frozen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Install Spinning Dots Frozen: Just built a brand new PC for a friend and it boots into the bios in working order. When I went to install a fresh copy of Windows via USB Drive, the process freezes up on the first screen into the installation. There is a black screen with my motherboard's brand logo and the...
  6. Windows 10 Black Screen with Spinning Dots on Startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Black Screen with Spinning Dots on Startup: Recently, many of our HP computers in our company are having issues starting Windows 10 on their desktop computers. When they turn on the computer, they see the Windows flag and the spinning dots. After a couple seconds, the screen changes to display only the spinning dots...
  7. Stuck at Spinning Dots

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck at Spinning Dots: I have a Dell Precision 7910 on windows 10 1803. I updated a couple weeks ago through windows update. I have booted the machine several times since updating. A few days ago I update the NVIDIA driver. I have dual K620 cards. Booted a couple of times sine that update. Today...
  8. Stuck at spinning dots

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stuck at spinning dots: Hi, first of all, sorry for my bad English. My issue is pretty straight forward: last night I left my computer powered on, and when I woke up, I had a Windows update screen stuck at 100%. The mouse didn't work, everything was frozen. I restarted my PC and it froze at...
  9. Windows 10 Frozen at spinning dots and windows icon - USB and HDD

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Frozen at spinning dots and windows icon - USB and HDD: Hi All, First time here but I have been unable to solve this issue today and I can not find any info on google. MY sister was unable to boot her laptop (Dell P55F) today. The bot process gets to the large blue windows 10 icon and there are usually spinning dots below...
  10. PC stays on spinning dots for 2 hours

in Windows 10 Support
    PC stays on spinning dots for 2 hours: Hi there, people on Tenforums, it's my first post here. First of all, I apologize if my english looks... kinda weird... *chuckle Okay, let's begin. Last Sunday (15/05) I turned on my laptop in the evening, just to... play some games. In the screen with the black...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. startup windows 10 spinning dots frozen