Windows 10: PC gets slow and unresponsive

Discus and support PC gets slow and unresponsive in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After I installed a fresh version of Windows on my PC, it gets slow periodically and freezes momentarily. After a bit, it gets back to normal. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AnonymousBadger, Aug 6, 2018.

1. PC gets slow and unresponsive

After I installed a fresh version of Windows on my PC, it gets slow periodically and freezes momentarily. After a bit, it gets back to normal. This happens quite often during the day. Moreover for some reason, I have windows installed in two places (I have two hard drives) - I used disk management to format the other hard drive but I still see a menu pop up during boot for which windows I want. How do I edit the boot table for windows?

Computer specs: 16 gb ram, i7 and 4gb gpu

:)

AnonymousBadger, Aug 6, 2018
  2. John Vil Win User

PC slow and not responding

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you to run the System Maintenance Troubleshooter to check and see why your PC is running slow and unresponsive. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting. If you cant find the option, click View By and select Large Icons.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

You may also check on the article below for tips on how to improve your Windows 10 PC.

Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Aug 6, 2018
  3. Windows 10 super slow and unresponsive

Hi,

The slow or unresponsive performance of Windows 10 may be due to a third-party program or other factors like outdated drivers and system issues. For us to better assist you, we would like to ask for additional information. Please answer the following:

• Aside from manually shutting down your laptop, have you also made any recent changes or installed updates prior to this issue?
    • What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Have you encountered an error message/code?

We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, Aug 6, 2018
  4. John Vil Win User

PC gets slow and unresponsive

Keyboard unresponsive after update to Windows 10 version 1073

Hi,

One possible reason why your keyboard is slow and unresponsive after an update may be due to driver incompatibility. As an initial recommendation, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to resolve this issue. Kindly follow the steps
    below:

• Type Troubleshooting in Cortana's search field and press
      Enter.
    • Click on View All in the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices from the list and follow the prompts.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Aug 6, 2018
Thema:

PC gets slow and unresponsive

1. PC gets slow and unresponsive - Similar Threads - gets slow unresponsive

2. Unresponsive PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unresponsive PC: I think my PC is corrupt because it has been unresponsive when I try to open multiple pages, what can I do to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unresponsive-pc/0801c540-646d-437a-a155-9e97fc8b53a8
  3. Unresponsive PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unresponsive PC: I think my PC is corrupt because it has been unresponsive when I try to open multiple pages, what can I do to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unresponsive-pc/0801c540-646d-437a-a155-9e97fc8b53a8
  4. Unresponsive PC

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. PC unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC unresponsive: Hi there..can someone tell me why my PC gets unresponsive when it is left running on for sometime like when I am doing nothing but only downloading something. Same thing happens with my browser also. When the PC is not responding it also displays the message " out of memory...
  6. PC unresponsive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC unresponsive: Hi there..can someone tell me why my PC gets unresponsive when it is left running on for sometime like when I am doing nothing but only downloading something. Same thing happens with my browser also. When the PC is not responding it also displays the message " out of memory...
  7. Fix for slow and unresponsive taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fix for slow and unresponsive taskbar: I am having unusual issues with my taskbar on my computer If anyone knows a permanent fix that would be greatly appreciated My taskbar along the bottom of my computer screen is being slow or unresponsive like the windows button and cortana also the other icons at the...
  8. pc getting very slow

pc getting very slow: hello sir my laptop running always slow ... i done all th eposibilities to run faster but it cont faster what should i do .. i have original os win10 and mcaffe antivirus(original) for one year . what is the problem can you help me out from this...
  9. Windows is slow and settings is unresponsive, crashes and is slow.

Windows is slow and settings is unresponsive, crashes and is slow.: Settings is slow on my device and usually crashes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-is-slow-and-settings-is-unresponsive/306eb610-8a2d-4398-b915-7a7d17bb0106
  10. Slow and unresponsive laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Slow and unresponsive laptop: My old laptop started slowing down and going unresponsive. I thought it was getting ready to crash so I purchased a new one. I transferred everything to the new laptop and it is doing the same thing. When I first start the computer, it runs fine. After some time, it starts...