Windows 10: PC Goes Dark from Sleep - Please Help

Discus and support PC Goes Dark from Sleep - Please Help in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When my PC wakes up its screen saver or from sleep the monitor goes black. Most times when this happens the only thing visible is the last program I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by yahanna, Oct 31, 2016.

1. yahanna Win User

PC Goes Dark from Sleep - Please Help

When my PC wakes up its screen saver or from sleep the monitor goes black. Most times when this happens the only thing visible is the last program I used. All other programs in the background I cant access since everything else is dark. How do I fix this?

:)

yahanna, Oct 31, 2016

2. Win 10 Surface Pro 3 problem

The following has happened a number of times after upgrading to win 10:

• Computer goes to sleep.
    • I try to start the computer, nothing happens.
    • I hold the power button down for a long time and I get my startup picture on the top half of my computer with a message "Slide to shut down your PC."
    • I slide it down and I get a dark blue screen for a minute or so then a black screen. If I do nothing, the computer goes dark blue in a minute, then black.
    • When in the dark blue screen mode if I press the volume button the volume slide shows on the screen.
    • I set the computer aside for hours and then I pick it up and it is working like nothing happened.
    Please help me stop this from happening.

thank you.

VickiXXXXX, Oct 31, 2016
  3. kayt---01 Win User
    6288 - screen goes dark after 15 seconds

Hi

Have just purchased a 6288. Screen goes dark after 10 - 15 seconds if you don't touch the keypad - very annoying if reading a message. Have turned Power saver and sleep mode off, but screen still goes dark. Does anyone know how to stop it from doing this?

Thanks

kayt---01, Oct 31, 2016
Thema:

PC Goes Dark from Sleep - Please Help

1. PC Goes Dark from Sleep - Please Help - Similar Threads - Goes Dark Sleep

2. Pc goes dark then restarts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc goes dark then restarts: Hi all,approximately every 2 days my PC goes dark and then restartsthe only thing I get is this in the Event Viewer:A fatal hardware error has occurred.Reported by component: Processor CoreError Source: Machine Check ExceptionError Type: Cache Hierarchy ErrorProcessor APIC...
  3. Pc goes dark then restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc goes dark then restarts: Hi all,approximately every 2 days my PC goes dark and then restartsthe only thing I get is this in the Event Viewer:A fatal hardware error has occurred.Reported by component: Processor CoreError Source: Machine Check ExceptionError Type: Cache Hierarchy ErrorProcessor APIC...
  4. Pc goes dark then restarts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PC Goes To Sleep Automatically

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC Goes To Sleep Automatically: Hi, I need a little help with my pc. Recently I have been having a problem with my laptop going into sleep mode randomly even if I'm using it at the moment it happens. Sometimes it happens, once I turn it on, it doesn't happen anymore for a few minutes. But sometimes it goes...
  6. HELP! Laptop randomly goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP! Laptop randomly goes to sleep: So I’ve had this problem for the last few weeks. The laptop with suddenly go to sleep in the middle of working . After this happens I’ll press the power button and it wakes up with everything right where it was. The laptop is set to never sleep. Things I’ve noticed: 1) It’s...
  7. PLEASE HELP. Laptop randomly and suddenly goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PLEASE HELP. Laptop randomly and suddenly goes to sleep: Hey everyone! So for the past couple weeks my laptop will suddenly just go black screen and appears to enter sleep mode. Right in the middle of working on things. I’ll press the power button and it wakes up, I log in and everything is right where it was when I was working on...
  8. screen goes Dark

in Windows 10 Customization
    screen goes Dark: hello...the windows starting screen that means the laptop screen showing dark. Even though I set any wallpaper .still it is black . when I go to personalisation setting there it shows the exact wallpaper that I set. But it doesnot work on main screen...but I am able to access...
  9. Monitor Goes Dark From Time To Time

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor Goes Dark From Time To Time: My monitor goes like 70% dark from time to time example when I open Irfanview but I have not loaded a image yet it goes like 70% how do I fix it so the monitor never goes dark??
  10. PC Goes Black When Waking from Sleep - Help!

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Goes Black When Waking from Sleep - Help!: When my PC wakes up from sleep the monitor goes black. And most times when this happens the only thing visible is the last program I used. All other programs I cant access. Everything else is dark. How do I fix this? 68611