Windows 10: PC Goes Dark from Sleep - Please Help

Discus and support PC Goes Dark from Sleep - Please Help in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When my PC wakes up its screen saver or from sleep the monitor goes black. Most times when this happens the only thing visible is the last program I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by yahanna, Oct 31, 2016.

1. yahanna Win User

PC Goes Dark from Sleep - Please Help

When my PC wakes up its screen saver or from sleep the monitor goes black. Most times when this happens the only thing visible is the last program I used. All other programs in the background I cant access since everything else is dark. How do I fix this?

:)

yahanna, Oct 31, 2016

2. Win 10 Surface Pro 3 problem

The following has happened a number of times after upgrading to win 10:

• Computer goes to sleep.
    • I try to start the computer, nothing happens.
    • I hold the power button down for a long time and I get my startup picture on the top half of my computer with a message "Slide to shut down your PC."
    • I slide it down and I get a dark blue screen for a minute or so then a black screen. If I do nothing, the computer goes dark blue in a minute, then black.
    • When in the dark blue screen mode if I press the volume button the volume slide shows on the screen.
    • I set the computer aside for hours and then I pick it up and it is working like nothing happened.
    Please help me stop this from happening.

thank you.

VickiXXXXX, Oct 31, 2016
  3. kayt---01 Win User
    6288 - screen goes dark after 15 seconds

Hi

Have just purchased a 6288. Screen goes dark after 10 - 15 seconds if you don't touch the keypad - very annoying if reading a message. Have turned Power saver and sleep mode off, but screen still goes dark. Does anyone know how to stop it from doing this?

Thanks

kayt---01, Oct 31, 2016
Thema:

PC Goes Dark from Sleep - Please Help

1. PC Goes Dark from Sleep - Please Help - Similar Threads - Goes Dark Sleep

2. Monitor Goes Dark From Time To Time

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor Goes Dark From Time To Time: My monitor goes like 70% dark from time to time example when I open Irfanview but I have not loaded a image yet it goes like 70% how do I fix it so the monitor never goes dark??
  3. RANDOM REBOOT AND MONITOR GOES DARK

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    RANDOM REBOOT AND MONITOR GOES DARK: My display goes dark anywhere from 30 seconds to as long as 20 minutes, when this happens my desktop case power button and reset button become disabled as well, everything else stays on. I have to go to back of my pc and turn it off at the power supply and turn it on again...
  4. Sleep is Glitched Out! Please Help.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep is Glitched Out! Please Help.: As can be seen in the Picture below, my sleep button is glitched out, it is moving left and right. This happens to occur anytime that I lock my PC. This isn't the only thing that happens. As soon as I see this, I know I need to restart my PC because I cant do anything unless...
  5. Windows 10 freezes when PC goes to sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezes when PC goes to sleep: I am using windows 10 in HP notebook. My PC freezes every time when it goes to sleep and I need to restart it every time. The screen also not black but it has red and some different colors in it. And there is a small square appeared which in turn shows the mouse cursor. I...
  6. Monitor goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor goes to sleep: I have gone into settings and set Scree to Never and Sleep to Never, so why is it doing this? I have even gone to Balanced which is selected and that is never also. What part of don't switch of does windows not understand? 120663
  7. PC ramdomly goes to sleep on a loop Windows 10

PC ramdomly goes to sleep on a loop Windows 10: I have started experiencing this really irritating problem a few days ago, it started slowly but now it rendered my PC completely unusable. At first it would just randomly go into sleep mode while I was working and instantly snap out of it on it's own and my login screen...
  8. Dark screen on sleep resume, then reboot from bugcheck

Dark screen on sleep resume, then reboot from bugcheck: My laptop is a Samsung NP880Z5E. Runs a i7-3635 processor. Came with dual graphics chips: Intel HD4000 and AMD Radeon 8700. The computer, when bought new, was running Windows 8.1, but has been running Windows 10 for months. Currently running Windows 10 version 1607. On...
  9. PC Goes Black When Waking from Sleep - Help!

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Goes Black When Waking from Sleep - Help!: When my PC wakes up from sleep the monitor goes black. And most times when this happens the only thing visible is the last program I used. All other programs I cant access. Everything else is dark. How do I fix this? 68611
  10. pc goes not in sleep mode after november update

in Windows 10 Support
    pc goes not in sleep mode after november update: hi My pc with windows 10 pro version 1511 goes not in sleep mode. When i press the sleepbutton on the keyboard it worksd. Set i the pc so that i must go to sleepmode after 1 min. The screen will be black but he pc does not go to sleep Why? Befor the november update...