Windows 10: PC Going To Sleep After 3 Minutes

Discus and support PC Going To Sleep After 3 Minutes in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to Windows 10. After my upgrade my computer will shut off after 3 minutes of not using it. I have all power settings set to 30... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by tsmith61704, Mar 8, 2016.

1. PC Going To Sleep After 3 Minutes

I recently upgraded to Windows 10. After my upgrade my computer will shut off after 3 minutes of not using it. I have all power settings set to 30 minutes after no use. On battery and plugged in. Does anyone else have the same issue? If anyone has any solutions please help.

:)

tsmith61704, Mar 8, 2016
  2. EdithNash Win User

PC going to sleep after 2 minutes no matter what the power setting are.

I have a Toshiba Satellite S75 laptop running Windows 10. It has a 2.60GHz CPU, 8Gb Ram and a 700 Gb hard drive. Recently my PC has started going to sleep after 2 minutes no matter what the setting are. I am using the Balanced power plan. The laptop
    is plugged in and those setting are set as follows: a) turn screen off - 3 hours; b) put computer to sleep 4 hours. I checked advanced power settings and found the following: 1) turn hard disk off after - 300 minutes; 2) sleep after 240 minutes; 3) Allow
    hybred sleep is off; 4) hibernate after - 300 minutes and 5) turn off display after 180 minutes. Again all of these setting are for when the computer is plugged in.

The screen saver is set to start after 20 minutes of inactivity.

Any suggestions on how to get it to quite going to sleep after 2 minutes of inactivity? Thanks.

EdithNash, Mar 8, 2016
  3. My pc is going to sleep after 5 minutes of inactivity

Hi Sebastien,

Sleep mode problems are often caused by a complication during the startup process. To check whether this is the case, restart your PC in safe mode and see if the issue persists. If it no longer happens in safe mode, you’ll need to perform a clean boot to
    see what’s at fault. You may refer to this
    article
    for more information.

Another way to prevent your PC from going to sleep after 5 minutes of inactivity is by restoring its default power settings. To do so, go to
    Settings > System > Power & sleep >
    Additional power settings. Select Choose when to turn off the display, then click on
    Change advanced power settings. Click on Restore plan defaults.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Mar 8, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

PC Going To Sleep After 3 Minutes

dalchina, Mar 8, 2016
Thema:

PC Going To Sleep After 3 Minutes

1. PC Going To Sleep After 3 Minutes - Similar Threads - Going Sleep Minutes

2. PC freezing and restarting after 2-3 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezing and restarting after 2-3 minutes: Hello,I've been having this issue for a while and it has resurfaced once again. After checking the windows reliability monitor I am met with these issues:The hardware errors I do not know how to solve. However I believe them to be associated to my graphics card, as the issues...
  3. PC freezing and restarting after 2-3 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC freezing and restarting after 2-3 minutes: Hello,I've been having this issue for a while and it has resurfaced once again. After checking the windows reliability monitor I am met with these issues:The hardware errors I do not know how to solve. However I believe them to be associated to my graphics card, as the issues...
  4. PC not going to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC not going to sleep: Have a problem of pc not going to sleep, even tho display gets turned off.Through "powercfg /systemsleepdiagnostics" I'm seeing "The system idle time was reset because: An application requires system execution." which is being reported every minute at the time I'm afk. Looked...
  5. PC crashes few minutes after going to sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC crashes few minutes after going to sleep: Recently rebuilt my PC with new CPU/mobo/ram/storage and a fresh install of W10. Everything seems fine except after the system sleeps it also shutdown/crashes within a few minutes. event viewer shows:"The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007e...
  6. Pc not going to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc not going to sleep: I’ve had my pc for almost 2 years and have never had a problem until recently. And that is that it’s just not going into sleep mode. Every once in a while, it will go to sleep. But 99% off the time the screen will turn off, but the pc itself will stay active. I’ve tried most...
  7. PC Automatically setting my audio to sleep after 3 minutes

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC Automatically setting my audio to sleep after 3 minutes: Dear All, I'm using Bose external speakers connected to my PC and when I'm not listening to anything on my computer It automatically puts the audio speakers to sleep and I have to tap the "On" button again when I want to listen to music. This sounds like no big deal but its...
  8. Lock screen going to sleep after only 1 minute

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock screen going to sleep after only 1 minute: Hello, I was wondering how to change this. I want it to wait longer to put my computer to sleep then just one minute during my lock screen. I have tried going through advanced power options -> Display -> Console Lock Display Off Timeout, But that last directory does not...
  9. PC going to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC going to sleep: I have a Lenovo Yoga laptop running W10. All of the power settings are set to not sleep (or display to go dark) when the machine is plugged into power. Despite this the laptop always sleeps after about 5 minutes of non use. How can I fix this? Thanks....
  10. Windows 10 sleeps after 3 minutes, no matter what.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 sleeps after 3 minutes, no matter what.: Ever since i downloaded windows 10 my lenovo idea pad will go to sleep after only 3 minutes of inactivity. Iv'e gone into the setting and changed it to what I want but no matter what I do it it stays the same. It's extremely frustrating could anyone please help. [img]...