Windows 10: PC hangs/freezes while splitting a large video

Discus and support PC hangs/freezes while splitting a large video in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to split a large MPEG2 video (around 14 GB) and computer hangs within few minute. I checked that processor starts getting very hot. PC is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sam9, May 25, 2018.

1. sam9 Win User

PC hangs/freezes while splitting a large video

I am trying to split a large MPEG2 video (around 14 GB) and computer hangs within few minute. I checked that processor starts getting very hot. PC is AMD and Windows 10. Is it a PC issue or Windows 10 issue. Earlier I had Win 7 but never got chance to split a Big Video on that. I have no problem in splitting if the video is small. I have tried different programs for splitting and all end up in freezing.

:)

2. pc 'hangs' or freezes randomly

While in use suddenly nothing responds to mouse or keyboard for long minutes, then starts up again ok for a few minutes. Have tried all usual restart/etc. online suggestions without luck.

Have found in Task Manager - Processes - there are listed 4 'Suspended" items, Could they be the culprits causing the 'hang or freeze'.

Can't determine exactly what the suspended are so am hesitant to 'End Task' them.

klaro 1590, May 25, 2018
  3. video playback freeze for a split second with a buzzing sound about every 20 to 30 seconds

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with this issue.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• Which application you are using to play the video?
    • What is the format of the videos you are trying to play?
    • Does this happens with all other videos as well?

This issue might be due to outdated or corrupted graphic card drivers. Let's try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Run Video Playback Troubleshooter.

I suggest you to run the Video Playback
    Troubleshooter. Follow these steps to run
    Video Playback troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar and select it.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Video Playback
      troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update your graphic card drivers.

I suggest you to update graphic drivers and check if it helps. Follow the steps given below.

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Device manager.

• Search for Display Adapters.

• Right-click on the graphics
      card and click on Update driver software.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, May 25, 2018
Thema:

PC hangs/freezes while splitting a large video

1. PC hangs/freezes while splitting a large video - Similar Threads - hangs freezes while

2. My PC hangs for a split second while doing anything.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC hangs for a split second while doing anything.: I have a dell precision 7540. It's a great laptop with an Intel Xeon E-2286M, an Nvidia Quadro T2000, and 64 GB ram. For some reason whenever I'm doing anything at all, whether it be scrolling on a web page or even just typing, my pc hangs for one or two seconds and then...
  3. My PC hangs for a split second while doing anything.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC hangs for a split second while doing anything.: I have a dell precision 7540. It's a great laptop with an Intel Xeon E-2286M, an Nvidia Quadro T2000, and 64 GB ram. For some reason whenever I'm doing anything at all, whether it be scrolling on a web page or even just typing, my pc hangs for one or two seconds and then...
  4. PC freezes while watching videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes while watching videos: Hi. I have been having this issue for a few weeks. Whenever I watch a video, my pc will randomly freeze up after sometime sometimes immediately but usually every 10-20 minutes. It happens with any video platform I tried: youtube & netflix in both Chrome and Edge, and also VLC...
  5. PC freezes while watching videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC freezes while watching videos: Hi. I have been having this issue for a few weeks. Whenever I watch a video, my pc will randomly freeze up after sometime sometimes immediately but usually every 10-20 minutes. It happens with any video platform I tried: youtube & netflix in both Chrome and Edge, and also VLC...
  6. PC freezes while watching videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. pc freeze for a split second

pc freeze for a split second: every about 3-5 seconds my pc freezes for 1-2 seconds, im pretty sure its something to do with nvidia but i dont know it freezes the audio too https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-freeze-for-a-split-second/bb0ae101-8334-41fb-8cf0-06afa578a5fe
  8. Video and sound hang for a split second while watching videos

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Video and sound hang for a split second while watching videos: I first noticed it on youtube but it also happens with Amazon and Netflix: While watching a video, sometimes the video freezes for a split second (even when there's already more of it buffered), then continues as normal. The sound also hangs for a split second and a weird...
  9. PC Freeze/ Hang up

PC Freeze/ Hang up: I've been trying to figure this one out for going on a few years now and I feel like i'm close to a possible cause. What has started all of this was my PC kept getting stuck at the 30% Windows update mark. Still haven't been able to update yet. I am forced to hard boot when...
  10. PC screen freezes while video playing

PC screen freezes while video playing: I am running Windows 10 Home, Screen freezes and pc restarts, watching videos and screen freezes, needs to restart ? Getting this message at advanced diplay settings : Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_5A84&SUBSYS_36C417AA&REV_0B\3&11583659&1&10 requires further installation....