Windows 10: Pc image remote backup

Discus and support Pc image remote backup in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I need to do a remote HDD image backup of my grand daughters pc.....I use macrium reflect and can use with team viewer on the remote pc, but can't make... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by reddwarf4ever, Jul 4, 2017.

1. Pc image remote backup

I need to do a remote HDD image backup of my grand daughters pc.....I use macrium reflect and can use with team viewer on the remote pc, but can't make an image backup from the remote pc to a HDD on my pc..

cant see how to do this, need a way of making my pc HDD visible from the remote pc in windows, then I assume reflect could use it as a destination HDD.

any ideas please

thanks

:)

reddwarf4ever, Jul 4, 2017

2. Win 10 pro 64 bit backup freezes at 97%

My backup freezes at 97% complete on both my desktop and laptop both have a remote drive attached to which I use to store all backup and image files to. what is the fix? am using win 10 pro 64 bit tried using control panel but it also freezes at 97% during
    image backup? found win 10 only allows daily backup but control panel has weekly so I set both to daily backup why do they have win 10 settings different than control panel and which has first place to work? both remote drives are 256GB and larger so they
    have the space to hold backup and image.

NicholasFerrantino, Jul 4, 2017
  3. Control panel remote desktop setting issue and to connect Windows 10 phone (Lumia 730) to Windows 10 system using remote desktop app.

Pc image remote backup [​IMG]

there is no option for remote desktop in the remote settings in control panel.

also i cannot connect my windows 10 phone (lumia 730) to my windows 10 pc using remote desktop app.

please help

Old title: remote settings.

jay talati, Jul 4, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Pc image remote backup

Assuming you can even meaningfully start this, consider how long it would take to transfer the data. What is the upload speed limit? Do a few sums on how much data you're likely to need to transfer.

This usually rules out such a backup strategy.

You'd need MR installed on her PC.
    Suggest you look into imaging to a cloud service from her PC, if you're convinced the upload speed would make this viable. However, you'd need an unusually large amount of storage, which could be costly.

dalchina, Jul 4, 2017
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Well....are the computers on the same LAN? I do image backups to a NAS over a Gigabit LAN. I remote into my mother-in-law's computer to do backups to the NAS, but we are on the same Gigabit LAN.

A more viable option if you are not on the same LAN would be to have someone install a second hard drive into grand daughter's computer to store the backup images on.

NavyLCDR, Jul 5, 2017
  6. cereberus Win User
    If you are doing this over internet, a fast upload speed would be around 1 MB/s.

That equates to 3.6 GB per hour.

A modest install might be say 36GB, so this would take 10 hours and could be a lot higher!

You would be better off simply buying an external usb drive (or a second internal drive as NavyLCDR suggests).

If you really cannot get a second drive, you could partition the existing drive and TEMPORARILY backup image to second partition, and then use TeamViewer file transfer to copy image (very slowly) to your pc.

This would have much less chance of failure.

Of course, backing up image to a second partition DOES NOT protect you against hard drive failure.

If you had enough cloud space eg onedrive, you could sync the image backup to the cloud which could take many hours but once done.

A second drive is really the best option.

cereberus, Jul 5, 2017
  7. Thanks for all the advice, seems like this is not a viable option, will get a 2nd HDD installed on remote pc..

thanks

reddwarf4ever, Jul 5, 2017
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

Pc image remote backup

Depending on the hard drive installed now, it might be better to upgrade the primary drive to an SSD, and use the current HDD as data/image storage.

NavyLCDR, Jul 5, 2017
  9. Thanks, that's a good idea...

reddwarf4ever, Jul 5, 2017
  10. RolandJS Win User
    Also, Teamviewer, if it sniffs a long time of activity, will try to punt you into buying a corporate/business account.

RolandJS, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Pc image remote backup

1. Pc image remote backup - Similar Threads - image remote backup

2. image backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    image backup: Can i use a sata hard drive to make a image of my win 11 computer that has a ssd indtalled then use the sata hard drive to restore the ssd if needed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/image-backup/96d56eff-828e-440f-8a87-9531fc87921f
  3. image backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    image backup: Can i use a sata hard drive to make a image of my win 11 computer that has a ssd indtalled then use the sata hard drive to restore the ssd if needed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/image-backup/96d56eff-828e-440f-8a87-9531fc87921f
  4. Image Backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Image Backup: I have successfully used Macrium Reflect in the past to create an image backup on a machine running Windows 8.1 that had Microsoft Office 2010 installed on it. I have recently bought a new computer running Windows 10 and have a a subscription to Office 365 on it. For some...
  5. Image Backup

Image Backup: I Am Trying To Make A Windows Image Backup. I Have 3 Drives, CSSD System Drive, DSSD Games And EHDD Storage, When I Try To Make An Image It counts C And E As System Drives Almost 600 GB. I Cant Find Any Way To Unselect Drive E Help. I Have Attached A Screenshot THX[IMG]...
  6. Windows Image Backup versus Reset This PC

Windows Image Backup versus Reset This PC: Newbie question: If I want to reset my computer, is it easier to go to Settings/Updates & Security/Recovery/Reset this PC. Or, should I make a Windows Image Backup? I recently asked about what was done in place of the old "Full Restore." People answered me but I feel out of...
  7. Restoring Image Backup to an identical PC

Restoring Image Backup to an identical PC: I have created an image backup of my Windows 10 in order to give my laptop for service. In case the laptop is replaced with a similar one (having also preinstalled the same Windows 10 version), is it possible to restore the backup image without any problem with the...
  8. image backup?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    image backup?: Your're welcome. Now make an image backup of your system so you can always recover to a fully functional computer. image backup? you mean iso? and how? 50301
  9. How to restore Macrium Images on a Remote PC

How to restore Macrium Images on a Remote PC: Ok, this is slightly theoretical as I have yet to test it, but I am sure it will work. One of the problems with restoring Macrium images is that you have to boot in Winpse mode (I do not know any tools that will do it from (same) Windows). Doing this on a remote PC...
  10. Image backup.

Image backup.: Trying to do an image backup in W10 "The drives that are required for windows to run will be included by default." The os is on disk drive c Another internal disk drive, H is classified by w10 as a system disk and also has to be backed up by default. Both C and H are...