Windows 10: Pc/Internet Optimizing software recomendations or should I even use it

Discus and support Pc/Internet Optimizing software recomendations or should I even use it in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello I ran into an article from How to Choose the Best PC Optimizer | Speed Up PC and Internet about optimizing your pc and internet using paid for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by artislee, Dec 16, 2016.

1. artislee Win User

Pc/Internet Optimizing software recomendations or should I even use it

Hello I ran into an article from How to Choose the Best PC Optimizer | Speed Up PC and Internet about optimizing your pc and internet using paid for software and I am curious if any one actually knows of a good software to purchase for this or if it is a pointless purchase all together? The article I read was written by the company selling the software so I cant really believe all the hype they included in the article but they did make it sound great. Where I live the quickest internet available is ATT 3mbps DSL which is not great at all. They are putting in the new ATT uverse fiber optic internet in my city but I happen to live about two miles outside the city and that might as well be another state as far as ATT is concerned, I cant even get a round about date of when the fiber optics will make it to me. Any way enough with that, if any one has any advice on the subject I would love to hear your thoughts on it. Thank you very much. Oh yes I am using a Hp G60-447CL notebook with windows 10 and wired connection via Netgear power line adapter.

:)

artislee, Dec 16, 2016
  2. petrusek Win User

From E71 to E72 backup problem

As far as I know the recomended "nbu" is PC side backup which can be created using PC Suite / Ovi Suite software, but the backup.arc is created by the phone itself to the memory card. ARC is probably not intended to be compatible (for different phone models),
    but NBU should be - at least some parts of it.

petrusek, Dec 16, 2016
  3. Delivery Optimization using my internet even tho i closed it

Hi,

We'd like to know more about this concern. Please answer the following questions:

• Is this the first time that you encountered this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you turn off delivery optimization. Here's how:

• Click on Start menu.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Select Update & Security.
    • Click on Advanced options.
    • Select Choose how updates are delivered.
    • If you don't want to download updates from PCs on the Internet, select
      PCs on my local network.

Once done, kindly check if you will still experience the same issue.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Charianne Per, Dec 16, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

You're better off downloading and using the excellent and free SpeedGuide TCPOptimizer program instead. Most of these optimizer programs combine scripted use of built-in Windows utilities with various tweaks and clean-ups (most of which you can do yourself). Not usually worth the money, and sometimes cause more problems than they solve.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Dec 16, 2016
  5. CmmTch Win User
    What Ed said, "not usually worth the money" is being kind, W10 does a pretty good job of optimizing on it's own, your hardware has a lot to do with how fast your computer is. 3M download isn't bad for most things, you're not going to watch a movie in HD but for most browsing it's at least adequate.

IMO I wouldn't spend any money on anything like that, certainly wouldn't use any "free" optimizers.

CmmTch, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Pc/Internet Optimizing software recomendations or should I even use it - Similar Threads - Internet Optimizing software

2. Is it advised to use PC optimizers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it advised to use PC optimizers?: I have heard lots of software's which seem to boost the overall performance of the computer and was wondering if it is safe to use them and can they prove to be useful or is it best to just manually do it with the tools already available in Windows 10?...
  3. Is it advised to use PC optimizers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it advised to use PC optimizers?: I have heard lots of software's which seem to boost the overall performance of the computer and was wondering if it is safe to use them and can they prove to be useful or is it best to just manually do it with the tools already available in Windows 10?...
  4. Should I use delivery optimization?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should I use delivery optimization?: Should I use delivery optimization? Just to let you know, I know what it does, I just want to know if It's a good idea to turn it on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-use-delivery-optimization/f204bcb5-b324-4655-a4cf-61f7a7e6695f
  5. Should I use delivery optimization?

Should I use delivery optimization?: Should I use delivery optimization? Just to let you know, I know what it does, I just want to know if It's a good idea to turn it on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-use-delivery-optimization/f204bcb5-b324-4655-a4cf-61f7a7e6695f
  6. Should I optimize this windows partition?

Should I optimize this windows partition?: Should I optimize this windows partition? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-optimize-this-windows-partition/aff99c6a-16e9-49b5-8ad5-5616914ab275
  7. Should I optimize this windows partition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should I optimize this windows partition?: Should I optimize this windows partition? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-optimize-this-windows-partition/aff99c6a-16e9-49b5-8ad5-5616914ab275
  8. Should I use registry cleanup software ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Should I use registry cleanup software ?: Is it necessary to use registry cleanup software for my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-use-registry-cleanup-software/9e887e63-74d2-415a-a9ae-6e447c2e0877
  9. Restrict Softwares from Internet Use

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restrict Softwares from Internet Use: I want to restrict some softwares who drain my internet while doing office work or downloads. It is hectic to check task manager to close programs consuming internet data unnecessarily. I just want to ALLOW one or two softwares to access my internet and deny all other...
  10. Should I use software called DLL-Files Fixer ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Should I use software called DLL-Files Fixer ?: My brother run this software and this have “scan registry” feature and when he did it , it found 120+ registry errors .. wow what’s that ? And this tool also have repair function for these so called errors . He told me that I should use this software and scan monthly ....