Windows 10: PC is not auto restarted after BSOD

Discus and support PC is not auto restarted after BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, - Last week, my Windows 10 Home PC had a BSOD with the error STORE_DATA_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION Image: https://ibb.co/niSkYo I have searched on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Huy Tran 16, Jul 26, 2018.

1. PC is not auto restarted after BSOD

Hi,

- Last week, my Windows 10 Home PC had a BSOD with the error STORE_DATA_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION

Image: https://ibb.co/niSkYo

I have searched on the internet but there is no information about this error.

It collected the error information for 100% but without auto restart.

Before that, my PC had a problem with TouchPad driver (Synaptic) which use a lot of my memory (11GB) (my RAM is 32GB)

- Besides that, when I check crash dump file for troubleshooting problem but there is no dump file

My setting for System error action is

+ Write to system event log (checked)

+ Automatic restart (checked)

+ Debug information setting: automatic memory dump

+ Dump file: %SystemRoot%\MEMORY.DMP

+ Overwrite allow (checked)

Image: https://ibb.co/j27fzT (Japanese)

I have checked both windows/minidump folder and windows/MEMORY.DMP file but no file is found

- I found an event log related to volmgr error (event id 161) said that it fails to create a dump file

The problem seems to be the "\Device\HarddiskVolume5" but I use diskpart > list volume and only saw

volume 0 to 4

- I thought it related to virtual memory (pagefile) setting so I rechecked the setting of virtual memory:

The auto managed checkbox is checked and I saw that pagefile disk volume is now my D: drive (not OS drive)

Questions:

1. Why my PC was not automatically restarted after BSOD although the setting is correct.

2. Do I should manually change the virtual memory (page file) to my C: drive (OS drive) and how can I config the setting manually?

I am looking forward to your response.

:)

Huy Tran 16, Jul 26, 2018

2. auto trivia restart script?

I know everyone is so busy here so I'm suggesting an auto restart script so trivia is a benefit instead of a burden. Can anyone make this script?

vectoravtech, Jul 26, 2018
  3. Binge Win User
    Random Restarts, No BSOD

He mentioned that he had done that above. Also I provided a BSOD details app. There were no BSODs to report.

Binge, Jul 26, 2018
  4. PC is not auto restarted after BSOD

Random Restarts, No BSOD

Reboot and hit F8 to get into the Windows Diagnostic Settings before Windows boots. Turn off "Automatic Restart on System Failure." This way we can completely rule out BSODs. Sometimes a PC will BSOD but the PC will restart so quickly that the BSOD is not even rendered.

Random Murderer, Jul 26, 2018
Thema:

PC is not auto restarted after BSOD

1. PC is not auto restarted after BSOD - Similar Threads - auto restarted BSOD

2. Auto restart after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto restart after update: Hello everyoneI am more than fed up with automatic updates and especially the restart that follows !!Each time and despite the hours of activity chosen, I lose all my unsafe work and the current processes that cannot be taken up... !At least I would like that the restart does...
  3. Auto restart after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto restart after update: Hello everyoneI am more than fed up with automatic updates and especially the restart that follows !!Each time and despite the hours of activity chosen, I lose all my unsafe work and the current processes that cannot be taken up... !At least I would like that the restart does...
  4. Auto restart after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows auto restarts after sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows auto restarts after sleep: I've been looking for solutions online. My windows keeps on auto-restarting after it sleeps and it closes my apps just like that. I tried many solutions online such as turning off fast start up, troubleshooting power, editing the power plan but all of this is not working. I...
  6. Windows auto restarts after sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows auto restarts after sleep: I've been looking for solutions online. My windows keeps on auto-restarting after it sleeps and it closes my apps just like that. I tried many solutions online such as turning off fast start up, troubleshooting power, editing the power plan but all of this is not working. I...
  7. Auto restart after BSOD hangs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Auto restart after BSOD hangs: With Windows 10 I am facing problem with Auto restart. After BlueScreen it appears to restart but hangs showing the PC maker logo DELL.In SystemPropertiesAdvanced, I have Auto restart enabled. Another issue is I don't see the MEMORY.DMP generated even though it has been set...
  8. Auto restart?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Auto restart?: I don't mean just a scheduled restart, but a scheduled restart that, when finished, goes straight to the desktop. Do I need to create a new user without a password or something else? submitted by /u/Ju1c3_ [link] [comments]...
  9. BSoD after PC start / restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoD after PC start / restart: Morning people! Since 3, 4 (max. 4) days I've noticed that my deskop shows beautiful BSoD after about 30 seconds after typing password to my Win 10 account. It also happens after I restart my PC. So far I tried to uninstall updates installed in last 4 days but nothing...
  10. My W10 PC will not restart after BSOD

in Windows 10 Support
    My W10 PC will not restart after BSOD: My windows 10 machine, an AMD based system I assembled Myself, will not automatically restart after a BSOD. I have the settings in "Start up and Recovery set as follows Time to display list of operating systems: 30 seconds Automatic restart is checked Small memory dump...