Windows 10: PC is on last legs

Discus and support PC is on last legs in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have had some troubles with my PC over the past few days, at first I got a black screen and it restarted and said "an operating system was not found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Vyrl, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Vyrl Win User

PC is on last legs

I have had some troubles with my PC over the past few days, at first I got a black screen and it restarted and said "an operating system was not found please remove any devices that do not contain the operating system" so I done as it said all good then I done it again done the same thing all good for a bit, then I went on and tried logging on it said "can't sign to your account" and constantly said that every time I started it up, now when I start it up it starts automatic repair until it comes up with the sad face then restarts and loops its self I can't even go into safe mode or reset my PC because it goes in a continuous loop. If anyone could help that would be great thanks.

:)

2. pacmaniac Win User

Nokia Asha 210: transfer SMSs to PC - or SD card

Hi, any suggestions to achieve the above, phone is on its last legs. TIA

pacmaniac, Oct 12, 2016
  3. Dying PC

I have a pc on its last leg.

no mouse.

must transfer files.

any way to navigate this thing using keyboard?

(i knew I converted to Mac for a reason)

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Lizurds2017, Oct 12, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

PC is on last legs

Hi it sounds very much as if your disk (or other hardware) is failing. I would try running chkdsk on your disk, booting your PC from a suitable boot disk or flash drive (see the first post in the Software and Apps section to get one e.g.)

Checking its SMART parameters would be wise. E.g. Crystal Diskinfo (portable).

dalchina, Oct 13, 2016
  5. Vyrl Win User
    Thanks already tried all the chkdsk things, looks like I need a new hard drive thanks again

6. bro67 Win User
    Check Hard Drive and RAM. Make sure that the RAM is firmly seated. Try a different Hard drive.

bro67, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

PC is on last legs

1. PC is on last legs - Similar Threads - last legs

2. Windows 11 Home, the screen does not resume from sleep after the last upgrade. At the same...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Home, the screen does not resume from sleep after the last upgrade. At the same...: Windows 11 Home, the screen does not resume from sleep after the last upgrade. At the same time, the laptop still works normally in the background. I have to use a hard reset....
  3. Windows 11 Home, the screen does not resume from sleep after the last upgrade. At the same...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Home, the screen does not resume from sleep after the last upgrade. At the same...: Windows 11 Home, the screen does not resume from sleep after the last upgrade. At the same time, the laptop still works normally in the background. I have to use a hard reset....
  4. Since the last few days, voice dictation freezes up occasionally, requiring a system restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Since the last few days, voice dictation freezes up occasionally, requiring a system restart: It is also possible to restart it by right clicking on the task bar, going into the Task Manager, typing 'input' into the search bar and ending the Windows input Experience task. I am a frequent user of this feature of Windows, and it's really annoying how lately it stops...
  5. Since the last few days, voice dictation freezes up occasionally, requiring a system restart

Since the last few days, voice dictation freezes up occasionally, requiring a system restart: It is also possible to restart it by right clicking on the task bar, going into the Task Manager, typing 'input' into the search bar and ending the Windows input Experience task. I am a frequent user of this feature of Windows, and it's really annoying how lately it stops...
  6. Been getting blue screen of death over and over for the last few days. How do i fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Been getting blue screen of death over and over for the last few days. How do i fix it?: I have been experiencing blue screens whenever I open games, and sometimes just when the PC turns on. Here are the DMP fileshttps://drive.google.com/drive/folders/19mB4RcgiPy_egZbf7uVKCHEA6CKCf0MX?usp=drive_linkPlease help me, I'm so stuck....
  7. Been getting blue screen of death over and over for the last few days. How do i fix it?

Been getting blue screen of death over and over for the last few days. How do i fix it?: I have been experiencing blue screens whenever I open games, and sometimes just when the PC turns on. Here are the DMP fileshttps://drive.google.com/drive/folders/19mB4RcgiPy_egZbf7uVKCHEA6CKCf0MX?usp=drive_linkPlease help me, I'm so stuck....
  8. HI everyone I'm pretty much on my last leg here trying to solve these BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HI everyone I'm pretty much on my last leg here trying to solve these BSOD: So recently i been having blue screens of death a lot. Even if not a bsod my games have been crashing too much that they are unplayable at this point with friends. Emulators seem to work though. Which is why I have been able to play among us on an android emulator. I have the...
  9. HI everyone I'm pretty much on my last leg here trying to solve these BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HI everyone I'm pretty much on my last leg here trying to solve these BSOD: So recently i been having blue screens of death a lot. Even if not a bsod my games have been crashing too much that they are unplayable at this point with friends. Emulators seem to work though. Which is why I have been able to play among us on an android emulator. I have the...
  10. HI everyone I'm pretty much on my last leg here trying to solve this BSOD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HI everyone I'm pretty much on my last leg here trying to solve this BSOD: So when the new 2004 windows 10 update came out i tried to update to it from 1909. But every single time I have had a bsod happen during the installation. I've already updated my bios and before the update since i was also bsod'ing when updating the security from windows...