Windows 10: PC Just rebooting itself

Discus and support PC Just rebooting itself in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; OK so a few weeks ago my PC screen would go off and the oc would reboot. There is no rhyme or reason to it. I am not watching videos or doing anything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lijongtao, Mar 16, 2018.

1. lijongtao Win User

PC Just rebooting itself

OK so a few weeks ago my PC screen would go off and the oc would reboot. There is no rhyme or reason to it. I am not watching videos or doing anything that would cause it to crash. I am getting an event error 10016

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160} and APPID {9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276} to the user DESKTOP-7R954NS\ThamesSide SID (S-1-5-21-83517162-561681497-2379091246-1001) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

Log Name: SystemSource: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOMDate: 17/03/2018 03:06:38Event ID: 10016Task Category: NoneLevel: ErrorKeywords: ClassicUser: DESKTOP-7R954NS\ThamesSideComputer: DESKTOP-7R954NSDescription:The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160} and APPID {9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276} to the user DESKTOP-7R954NS\ThamesSide SID (S-1-5-21-83517162-561681497-2379091246-1001) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.Event Xml:<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM" Guid="{1B562E86-B7AA-4131-BADC-B6F3A001407E}" EventSourceName="DCOM" /> <EventID Qualifiers="0">10016</EventID> <Version>0</Version> <Level>2</Level> <Task>0</Task> <Opcode>0</Opcode> <Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-03-17T03:06:38.564011200Z" /> <EventRecordID>1084</EventRecordID> <Correlation /> <Execution ProcessID="300" ThreadID="1268" /> <Channel>System</Channel> <Computer>DESKTOP-7R954NS</Computer> <Security UserID="S-1-5-21-83517162-561681497-2379091246-1001" /> </System> <EventData> <Data Name="param1">application-specific</Data> <Data Name="param2">Local</Data> <Data Name="param3">Activation</Data> <Data Name="param4">{D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}</Data> <Data Name="param5">{9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276}</Data> <Data Name="param6">DESKTOP-7R954NS</Data> <Data Name="param7">ThamesSide</Data> <Data Name="param8">S-1-5-21-83517162-561681497-2379091246-1001</Data> <Data Name="param9">LocalHost (Using LRPC)</Data> <Data Name="param10">Unavailable</Data> <Data Name="param11">Unavailable</Data> </EventData></Event>

And so 2 days ago I did a complete system reset and reinstalled Windows 10 and have nothing on other than Chrome and it is doing it again. This is the log above.

Can anyone shed any light on this shutdown occuring? thanks Li

:)

lijongtao, Mar 16, 2018

2. My PC rebooted itself

This has not happened again since, but it would be nice to know what went wrong, so I can avoid it in the future.

ScottSwalwell, Mar 16, 2018
  3. My PC rebooted itself

I was surprised to find that my Dell Latitude laptop had rebooted itself. When I checked the Event Viewer system log, I found this.

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000003b (0x00000000c0000005, 0xfffff801e6465882, 0xffffd001b7dcc6d0, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: d1bed226-5eeb-469b-bb88-2da27787bfd0.

Not having a way, off-hand, to do anything with a memory.dmp file, how can I figure out why this happened?

ScottSwalwell, Mar 16, 2018
  4. zbook New Member

PC Just rebooting itself

Run the beta log collector and post a zip into this thread:
    log collector v2-beta08.zip
    (extract > open)

zbook, Mar 17, 2018
  5. CmmTch Win User
    The first thing that came to mind was a possible physical power interruption, reset button somehow cocked where maybe it's almost pushed but not quite. Power supply issue, physical power button, loose connector on the motherboard, etc...

Although if you were able to reinstall the OS without issue, those items I mentioned would seem unlikely, maybe just to make sure give a quick check of any/all power switches (there's one on the power supply itself on the back of the tower), reset button, all connections from the power supply to the various cards in the box.

Good luck *Smile

CmmTch, Mar 17, 2018
  6. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

That's most certainly not the cause of it. DCOM errors, whilst a bit of a nuisance are generally quite benign.
    I can help you resolve it but I'd rather you'd sort the reboot problem first, obviously.
    Chrome can and is known to generate DCOM errors though.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Mar 18, 2018
  7. lijongtao Win User
    I posted that error DCOM because it is what was at the top of the list when it rebooted. The reboot is what I am having problems with. All of a sudden the PC just reboots itself. I did a complete re-install and installed all the updates, checked to see if there was a bios update (which there isn't) but randomly it keeps happening. PC is only a few months old I had made for me., it's been brilliant. I did have a problem initially with the onboard graphics card getting too warm and rebooting (5 months ago) so I bought a 2 or 4gb graphics card Radeon RC-460 and it's been fine. I don't game, never have but the graphics card was for Youtube and running video.

When it does reboot I get the above message at the top of the events list. When it does it again I will post. All the connections are fine, buttons too. Thanks

lijongtao, Mar 18, 2018
  8. lijongtao Win User

PC Just rebooting itself

I;ve downloaded this, it's one folder with 4 items in and 1shortcut.

What do I do? Apologies not very PC advanced.

lijongtao, Mar 18, 2018
  9. zbook New Member
    Once the beta log collector the files > zip > post into the thread.
    Run the DM log collector too.
    BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums
    The beta log collector will collect more useful logs.
    So if you can get it to work that is preferred.

zbook, Mar 18, 2018
  10. lijongtao Win User
    I hope this works, will try the beta log one now.

lijongtao, Mar 18, 2018
  11. lijongtao Win User
    This is the beta one, I hope I;ve done it right.

lijongtao, Mar 18, 2018
  12. zbook New Member
    1) Please update the specs in the "My Computer" section:
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums:
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums Windows 10 Tutorials
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'.
    After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.
    System Info - See Your System Specs - Windows 7 Help Forums

Include PSU. cooler, case, peripherals and anything attached to the computer by wired or wireless (mouse, keyboard, headset, printer, xbox, USB wireless network card, etc.)

2) post images for all tests /steps into the thread.
    3) If there are any problems posting images please use one drive or drop box share links.

4) What is the over clocking history? CPU, GPU, RAM
    5) What is the GPU history?
    6) Which GPU card is older and when was the latest GPU installed?
    7) When was the system last functioning normally as was that with 1 or 2 GPU?
    8) When were the cards last re-seated?

There were no BSOD dump files collected.
    The event files had been cleaned with the new software installation.
    The event files start on 3/18/2018.
    Was the recent software change an in place upgrade repair or windows upgrade or another method?
    The reported unexpected reboots were not present in the event files.
    The problem with one of the GPU should be displayed in the steps below (lack of resources).
    There are 2 video cards.
    Card name: Radeon(TM) RX 460 Graphics
    Card name: AMD Radeon(TM) R7 Graphics

9) How many monitors are there?
    10) Are you able to use only 1 graphics card?

11) If the computer has Ccleaner > click windows tab > scroll down to system and advanced > post an image into the thread

12) In the left lower corner search type: system or system control > open system control panel > on the left pane click advanced system settings
    a) > on the advanced tab under startup and recovery > click settings > post an image of the startup and recovery into the thread.
    b) > on the advanced tab under performance > click on settings > under performance options > click on the advanced tab > under virtual memory > click on change > post an image of the virtual memory tab into the thread

13) Choose one of the temperature monitoring software applications: Speecy, HW monitor, Speed fan:
    Speccy - Free Download - Piriform: Speccy - System Information - Free
    Download Speccy | Find your computer specs, free!
    HWMONITOR | Softwares | CPUID: HWMONITOR | Softwares | CPUID
    HWMONITOR | Softwares | CPUID
    SpeedFan - Access temperature sensor in your computer: SpeedFan - Access temperature sensor in your computer
    SpeedFan - Access temperature sensor in your computer

14) Open device manager > click view > display hidden devices > expand all rows > look for any row with an icon that is a yellow triangle with a black exclamation mark or information displayed as unknown device
    a) Post an image into the thread of the display adapters
    b) Right click on each driver > left click on properties > post images of the 5 tabs for each driver.
    c) On the details tab > under property change to Hardware Ids > post an image into the thread

15) The DM log collector zip was posted into the thread.
    The beta logs collector is able to collect more or better files.
    See if you can run the beta log collector:
    a) click extract
    b) click open
    The logs should appear on the desktop > zip > post into the thread
    log collector v2-beta08.zip

16) Open the website for the motherboard manufacturer > enter the model > select the operating system > view drivers and BIOS > post a URL or hyperlink into the thread

17) Open control panel > large or small icons > click troubleshooting > on the left pane click view all > run these troubleshooters:
    a) Hardware and devices
    b) Video playback
    c) For any item that was fixed or that was not able to be fixed > post images into the thread

18) Backup any important files to another drive or to the cloud
    19) If there are important files make a backup image with Macrium:
    Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free
    20) Place the backup image onto another drive or into the cloud
    21) Make a brand new restore point

22) After files are backed up > reset the BIOS
    How to Clear Your Computers CMOS to Reset BIOS Settings:
    How to Clear Your Computers CMOS to Reset BIOS Settings
    3 Ways to Reset Your BIOS - wikiHow:
    3 Ways to Reset Your BIOS - wikiHow

23) Download and install HWinfo64:
    HWiNFO - Download
    Post images into the thread for:
    a) system summary
    b) on the left pane expand video adapter > click on each video card > post images on the right pane for feature and description

This was displayed as a problem device:
    Code: AMD Radeon(TM) R7 Graphics PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_1313&SUBSYS_13131849&REV_D4\3&11583659&0&08 This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use.[/quote]
    Code: Display Tab 2: There is a problem with AMD Radeon(TM) R7 Graphics device. For more information, search for 'graphics device driver error code 12'[/quote]
    Code: Card name: AMD Radeon(TM) R7 Graphics Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x1313) DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz) Device Type: n/a Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_1313&SUBSYS_13131849&REV_D4 Device Status: 01802402 [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_HAS_PROBLEM|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER] Device Problem Code: 0000000C [CM_PROB_NORMAL_CONFLICT] Driver Problem Code: Unknown Display Memory: Unknown Dedicated Memory: n/a Shared Memory: n/a Current Mode: Unknown HDR Support: Unknown Display Topology: Unknown Display Color Space: Unknown Color Primaries: Unknown Display Luminance: Unknown Driver Name: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\c0321058.inf_amd64_c0aa1a2b512afe19\aticfx64.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\c0321058.inf_amd64_c0aa1a2b512afe19\aticfx64.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\c0321058.inf_amd64_c0aa1a2b512afe19\aticfx64.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\c0321058.inf_amd64_c0aa1a2b512afe19\amdxc64.dll Driver File Version: 23.20.15002.0011 (English) Driver Version: 23.20.15002.11 DDI Version: unknown Feature Levels: Unknown Driver Model: Unknown Graphics Preemption: Unknown Compute Preemption: Unknown Miracast: Unknown Hybrid Graphics GPU: Unknown Power P-states: Unknown Driver Attributes: Final Retail Driver Date/Size: 06/12/2017 00:00:00, 1986768 bytes WHQL Logo'd: Yes WHQL Date Stamp: Unknown Device Identifier: Unknown Vendor ID: Unknown Device ID: Unknown SubSys ID: Unknown Revision ID: Unknown Driver Strong Name: oem48.inf:cb0ae4146f9003ca:ati2mtag_Kaveri_DesktopDS:23.20.15002.11PC Just rebooting itself :pci\ven_1002&dev_1313&rev_d4 Rank Of Driver: 00D12000 Video Accel: Unknown DXVA2 Modes: Unknown Deinterlace Caps: n/a D3D9 Overlay: Unknown DXVA-HD: Unknown DDraw Status: Enabled D3D Status: Not Available AGP Status: Enabled MPO MaxPlanes: Unknown MPO Caps: Unknown MPO Stretch: Unknown MPO Media Hints: Unknown MPO Formats: Unknown PanelFitter Caps: Unknown PanelFitter Stretch: Unknown[/quote]

zbook, Mar 18, 2018
  13. lijongtao Win User

PC Just rebooting itself

Screenshot, more to follow

lijongtao, Mar 21, 2018
  14. lijongtao Win User
    PC Rebooted itself again withing 5 minutes of turning it on.

lijongtao, Mar 21, 2018
  15. zbook New Member
    The files in posts #14 and #15 cannot be opened or don't open properly.
    Please use one drive or drop box so that there are no "This type of file can harm your computer"
    For each of the steps in post #11 please update the progress.

zbook, Mar 21, 2018
Thema:

PC Just rebooting itself

1. PC Just rebooting itself - Similar Threads - rebooting itself

2. Why does my gaming laptop keep rebooting by itself?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my gaming laptop keep rebooting by itself?: So I have a HP Victor gaming laptop that I've had for about 5 months and never had any issues with it up until about a week or so ago. It just started to reboot out of nowhere whether im just browsing chrome or playing a game, anything really. And I've done quite literally...
  3. Why does my gaming laptop keep rebooting by itself?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my gaming laptop keep rebooting by itself?: So I have a HP Victor gaming laptop that I've had for about 5 months and never had any issues with it up until about a week or so ago. It just started to reboot out of nowhere whether im just browsing chrome or playing a game, anything really. And I've done quite literally...
  4. My machine reboots itself and causes me problems.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My machine reboots itself and causes me problems.: My Windows 11 computer reboots itself and causes me great problems. I always have many windows open for monitoring auctions, running searches for car parts, etc,...... and every once in a while I will notice that my computer has rebooted and all my open windows are gone....
  5. My machine reboots itself and causes me problems.

My machine reboots itself and causes me problems.: My Windows 11 computer reboots itself and causes me great problems. I always have many windows open for monitoring auctions, running searches for car parts, etc,...... and every once in a while I will notice that my computer has rebooted and all my open windows are gone....
  6. Having problems with PC randomly rebooting itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Having problems with PC randomly rebooting itself: I checked the event viewer and saw a few errors; Error - "The previous system shutdown at 01:49:00 on ‎24/‎01/‎2024 was unexpected." - which is weird because it didn't shutdown at 01:49Critical -"The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be...
  7. Having problems with PC randomly rebooting itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having problems with PC randomly rebooting itself: I checked the event viewer and saw a few errors; Error - "The previous system shutdown at 01:49:00 on ‎24/‎01/‎2024 was unexpected." - which is weird because it didn't shutdown at 01:49Critical -"The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be...
  8. Having problems with PC randomly rebooting itself

9. My laptop isnt rebooting in itself after i factory reset it with cloud installation all...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop isnt rebooting in itself after i factory reset it with cloud installation all...: Hi, I did a factory reset with cloud installation all files removed from all drives It is Windows 11. It started out fine and installed the new version 100 % but then nothing is happening. Normally when I reset my laptop it shuts off and then restarts. But its been 2 hrs but...
  10. My laptop isnt rebooting in itself after i factory reset it with cloud installation all...

My laptop isnt rebooting in itself after i factory reset it with cloud installation all...: Hi, I did a factory reset with cloud installation all files removed from all drives It is Windows 11. It started out fine and installed the new version 100 % but then nothing is happening. Normally when I reset my laptop it shuts off and then restarts. But its been 2 hrs but...