Windows 10: PC keeps rebooting while playing

Discus and support PC keeps rebooting while playing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, My PC running Windows 10 keeps on rebooting while playing video games. So far it occurred with World of Warcraft only. Both GPU and CPU... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by guzacon, Jul 19, 2018.

1. guzacon Win User

PC keeps rebooting while playing

Hi all,

My PC running Windows 10 keeps on rebooting while playing video games. So far it occurred with World of Warcraft only. Both GPU and CPU temperatures weren't high.

For some reasons, I can't find any dump file to upload here. The directory doesn't exist, nor the larger file described here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/how-to-post-crash-dumps-after-blue-screen-of-death/5b11c5c7-5903-45b8-8348-0fbee6b2ba6e?tm=1517484313690

The error message in Reliability menu simply reads: "The previous system shutdown at 5:36:10 PM on ‎7/‎19/‎2018 was unexpected." without any further detail.

Note: I do not get any BSOD whatsoever, the PC simply reboot.

How can I forward a report for you to check? Thanks in advance.

:)

guzacon, Jul 19, 2018
  2. Thrackan Win User

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Jul 19, 2018
  3. Pc keeps crashing while playing games

Hi,

Having incomplete Windows update is one of the possible reasons why your pc games keeps crashing when playing after you reinstalled the Windows 10. To help you resolve this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store. To do this, you may click the link below:

Click here

Step 2: Download all the critical updates for Windows 10. Kindly refer to the link below and follow the step provided on the link.

Windows 10 Update Assistant

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Jul 19, 2018
  4. PC keeps rebooting while playing

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

PC keeps rebooting while playing

1. PC keeps rebooting while playing - Similar Threads - keeps rebooting while

2. PC reboots while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC reboots while playing games: My speakers make a crackling sound and then the computer restarts by itself. This only happens while gaming.I've- checked for overheating- turned off Automatic Restart- checked RAM- changed power optionsI've also taken it twice to a repair shop. This is what they did:-...
  3. PC reboots while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC reboots while playing games: My speakers make a crackling sound and then the computer restarts by itself. This only happens while gaming.I've- checked for overheating- turned off Automatic Restart- checked RAM- changed power optionsI've also taken it twice to a repair shop. This is what they did:-...
  4. PC reboots while playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Event 41 error, PC keeps crashing/rebooting while playing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event 41 error, PC keeps crashing/rebooting while playing games.: My PC keeps crashing and rebooting while playing games. Specifically, Halo Infinite and Starfield. All drivers are up to date. BIOS is up to date. Temperatures are at comfortable levels 40-60C. See error messages: Total of 3 eventsEvent...
  6. Event 41 error, PC keeps crashing/rebooting while playing games.

Event 41 error, PC keeps crashing/rebooting while playing games.: My PC keeps crashing and rebooting while playing games. Specifically, Halo Infinite and Starfield. All drivers are up to date. BIOS is up to date. Temperatures are at comfortable levels 40-60C. See error messages: Total of 3 eventsEvent...
  7. Event 41 error, PC keeps crashing/rebooting while playing games.

8. PC keeps crashing/rebooting while gaming.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC keeps crashing/rebooting while gaming.: Hi, so since a few weeks, I have big issues with my PC.Every first time I start to play the new Modern Warfare 2 I get a black screen, my GPU fans run loud and then I have to press the reset button, to reboot my system. Afterwards, it's running fine, until I reboot my PC or...
  9. Rebooting while playing games

Rebooting while playing games: i was build pc recently...since i have issue of reboot automatically..i look for the event views i noticed critical error Event 41 kernal power appear..it says ---The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped...
  10. PC reboots while playing games

PC reboots while playing games: Everytime I'm playing a game my pc will simply reboot after a short amount of time. I have a brand new pc that contains the following specs: MSI VENTUS GTX 1660ti XS OC GPU, Intel i5 10400f CPU, 2x8 GB RAM HYPERX FURY 2666mhz CL16, 2tb HDD Seagate Barracuda, and a 250gb SSD...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc keeps rebooting while gaming